1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by Tysun, Sep 26, 2019.
First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40
Next

Last
  1. Lohb
    Anyone know if the PDv2 is syncronous/asyncronous or isocronous ?
    I think there are 3 ways of dealing with timing on external DACs interfacing with computers maybe...

i just notice this jumping/popping at times streaming audio through browsers on MacOS with soundflower pot...though SF Pot may be causing the issue at times...kind of like a needle jump from a record player....I think it does not happen on Audirvana+ as that kind of locks down the system background tasks.

2. bavlf
    Does the E1DA 9038S work with a windows10 (mobile or not) device?

Cat Music likes this.
  3. musicinmymind
    Got PowerDac V2 today, super like SQ without using any Preset with P1.

I am able to play using Windows 10 via PC, but when I connect Y split cable to phone (V40), music does not play. I see phone start charging.
    What could be issue, please suggest.

4. muths66
    you can join discord channel.
    PDv2 need to have 2.5 balanced with shaft plug to work.Alot flat type of plug cant work.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  5. musicinmymind
    I have 2.5 balanced cable and playing perfectly when connected to PC, only the phone is problem.

6. musicinmymind
    Working now, I was playing around and understood the issue.

First connect phone to Y cable and then powerbank.

7. muths66
    great. enjoy

8. lgcubana
    For PDv2 owners, do yourself a favor and pick up a pair of Monolith M300s, for $50 shipped (credit goes to @baskingshark for pointing out the sale price)
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24461

M300s setup on a Parts Express $6 headphone, headband
    M300 wPDV2.jpg

Edit to add PEQ settings:
    I started with the Harman curve, Tin P1 preset and did a few minor tweaks to the filters
    PEQ HPToy M300.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  9. musicinmymind
    its an open back, can be used only at home.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  10. muths66
    you can try i4 preset by ivan bass side is up to you.

11. Pricklyears101
    That looks sick in a retro kinda way! Would've strongly considered this had i not already reached my endgame desktop setup with the ex1k/pdv2 combo. Using that headband(looks like a Koss), hows the clamping force? And what was used to attach the m300 to the headband?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020 at 10:02 AM
  12. Lohb
    Do they M300 planar IEMs not have rough treble and rolled off bass or was that a powering underestimation issue on early reviews ?

13. Mimouille
    Hey, do you know if the guys from E1DA, I contacted them about getting their product in China, through the website contact, and got no answer. Besides, do you know if all phones are compatible?

Cheers

14. Lohb
    ...any word on when his power speaker amps are coming out...can they be bi-amped ?

15. muths66
    Is not going to be out soon i guess.

First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40
Next

Last