E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
Jul 5, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #1,144 of 1,326
I've had my E11 for a week or so now and I'm amazed at the sound quality of this thing. I've always been a bit scepticle of portable amps (mainly because I bought myself an E5, and apart from the volume , it did little to improve sound).

But this thing, my oh my, LOD'd out of my iPod Classic it really does make my IE8's sing, I've been listening to my collection all over again, and where I may have been a bit let down with my Sennheisers in the past, that is no longer the case. This combination packs a mighty wallop and highs are so much clearer and more defined now, and the music just has so much more weight and definition.

Best £40 I've spent in a long time and highly recommended!

Trouble is, now I know what a portable amp can really do, it might get me itching to upgrade sooner rather than later.

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #1,146 of 1,326
Hmm.. they drive my superlux hd660(150x2ohm) fine. Pair with the grubdac i only have to set volume at 3 else it will be too loud.
High gain n high power. drivers my gr07(150ohm) easily too.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #1,147 of 1,326

Quote:
I don't think, the E11 can barely drive Koss KSC75.
smily_headphones1.gif

that's hard to believe as the e11 can drive the yuin pk1 with 150ohm. and the ksc75 have 60ohm, dont seem to even need an amp , and of course not this fiio.
my question was, after i know they can drive the pk1 , and i heard  the ok1 are a harder to drive

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #1,149 of 1,326
that's hard to believe as the e11 can drive the yuin pk1 with 150ohm. and the ksc75 have 60ohm, dont seem to even need an amp , and of course not this fiio.
my question was, after i know they can drive the pk1 , and i heard  the ok1 are a harder to drive

I think you're just kidding, they're quite hard to drive. By the way, I tested the Fiio with my RE262 (150 ohm) this morning and I found it not so much powerful as I hoped to. On the other hand, I have to admit that it sounds terribly good with hifiman and koss :)
I like it very much.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #1,152 of 1,326
I know what you mean, I am having a similar experience with SE530, which I have not been very satisfied with in the bass dept, but I think sound pretty amazing otherwise.  This amp makes me really like them a lot more than I did before.  In fact I think I could now say that with EQu (iphone), LOD, and E11 am now satisfied with the bass.  The detail and separation is superb.  The whole sound is much more lush and full than before.  This has been a "wow" upgrade for me.  I should be getting JH16s in the mail next week, I am hoping for some more "wow" soon.  However, I fear I may have just started down the road toward more expensive amp in the future.

Quote:
I've had my E11 for a week or so now and I'm amazed at the sound quality of this thing. I've always been a bit scepticle of portable amps (mainly because I bought myself an E5, and apart from the volume , it did little to improve sound).

But this thing, my oh my, LOD'd out of my iPod Classic it really does make my IE8's sing, I've been listening to my collection all over again, and where I may have been a bit let down with my Sennheisers in the past, that is no longer the case. This combination packs a mighty wallop and highs are so much clearer and more defined now, and the music just has so much more weight and definition.

Best £40 I've spent in a long time and highly recommended!

Trouble is, now I know what a portable amp can really do, it might get me itching to upgrade sooner rather than later.

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #1,154 of 1,326
I have re-262, Colorfly CK4 as DAP (semi high-fi and definitely better than various ipods, sansa clip+ and likes) and recently got E11. I am truly amazed at how well its bass boost works with my setup. And I simply cannot listen to volumes higher than 3 of 8... as for rockboxed sansa clip, maximum comfortable volume is 5. So its kinda hard to believe that 262's need more power.

Quote:
I think you're just kidding, they're quite hard to drive. By the way, I tested the Fiio with my RE262 (150 ohm) this morning and I found it not so much powerful as I hoped to. On the other hand, I have to admit that it sounds terribly good with hifiman and koss
smily_headphones1.gif

I like it very much.

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #1,155 of 1,326
I have re-262, Colorfly CK4 as DAP (semi high-fi and definitely better than various ipods, sansa clip+ and likes) and recently got E11. I am truly amazed at how well its bass boost works with my setup. And I simply cannot listen to volumes higher than 3 of 8... as for rockboxed sansa clip, maximum comfortable volume is 5. So its kinda hard to believe that 262's need more power.

Uhm, I don't mean that they need more power, but that I'm quite disappointed because I expected more :)
For example, with my fuze V1 rockboxed and my re262 the gain in volume is acceptable but not so significant. If you have a colorfly, surely more powerful than my poor sansa, It's obvious that the output will be more efficient :)
About the clip, a bit more efficient than the fuze, what volume do you set on the player? This is much important, I did my test at -6. I will run the same test with my clip+ soon :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back