E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
May 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #1,007 of 1,326

Quote:

I'd like to know this aswell.

slapshot, offtopic, can the e5 possibly power the dt770 pro 80 to loud volumes?

I'll let you know when I recieve them. I ordered from Jaben in Singapore so it'll be another week at the very latest. I remember reading the E5 powers them just fine, but I'll be getting the E11 for them anyways to get the best SQ (hopefully there is a noticeable difference). I remember reading the E11 makes the bass more prominent than the E5 does, especially with the EQ switched over.

May 15, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #1,008 of 1,326
Is there a way to sign up for an alert somewhere to find out when the E11 will be available in the US? I was going to purchase the E7 this weekend and then I found out about the E11, so I'm holding off. I went to the FiiO site but couldn't find a place to sign up for alerts.

May 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #1,009 of 1,326

Quote:
Is there a way to sign up for an alert somewhere to find out when the E11 will be available in the US? I was going to purchase the E7 this weekend and then I found out about the E11, so I'm holding off. I went to the FiiO site but couldn't find a place to sign up for alerts.

I can't think of anything but to stop back here every so often.  There should be some stores receiving stock within a few weeks.  You could always send Micca an email to ask them to email you when they get some in stock.

May 16, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #1,010 of 1,326

I'd like to know this aswell.

slapshot, offtopic, can the e5 possibly power the dt770 pro 80 to loud volumes?

Absolutely. Ideal amping? No. Loud levels? You bet. I know because I used my DT770 Pro 80 for awhile that way.

May 16, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #1,012 of 1,326
Quote:
thankfully i have a 32ohm dt770 Luke Skybeyer :)

*laughs maniacally as the lights dim

Maniacally?  Does your Skybeyer come from the bizarro universe or something?

May 16, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #1,014 of 1,326
Yes, great news!

If all goes well (no customs delays, exams, weather, loss, theft, pilferage, etc), we hopefully will get them by the end of this week.

Fingers crossed.

Jack 

May 16, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #1,015 of 1,326

Quote:
I'll let you know when I recieve them. I ordered from Jaben in Singapore so it'll be another week at the very latest. I remember reading the E5 powers them just fine, but I'll be getting the E11 for them anyways to get the best SQ (hopefully there is a noticeable difference). I remember reading the E11 makes the bass more prominent than the E5 does, especially with the EQ switched over.

Hey fellow Singaporean! I have been testing out the E11 for a few days already, the EQ on the E11 does give the bass a much stronger boost compared to the E5, but the E11 does cause the mids and highs to be a little recessed when the EQ is set at its highest settings. The E11 does produce some noticeable buzz ( Which I find quite similar to the E5 ) as long as the bass boost is on, even at the lowest boost settings when the unit is on but not playing any sound. When I compare the E11 to the E5 using the standard settings ( No bass boost ), the E11 does offer a slightly better SQ than the E5. An improvement, although the size of the E11 is significantly larger than the E5 ( Still small and light enough for portability IMO ) . Hope this helps.

May 16, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #1,016 of 1,326

Quote:

Hey fellow Singaporean! I have been testing out the E11 for a few days already, the EQ on the E11 does give the bass a much stronger boost compared to the E5, but the E11 does cause the mids and highs to be a little recessed when the EQ is set at its highest settings. The E11 does produce some noticeable buzz ( Which I find quite similar to the E5 ) as long as the bass boost is on, even at the lowest boost settings when the unit is on but not playing any sound. When I compare the E11 to the E5 using the standard settings ( No bass boost ), the E11 does offer a slightly better SQ than the E5. An improvement, although the size of the E11 is significantly larger than the E5 ( Still small and light enough for portability IMO ) . Hope this helps.

hey where u tried the e11 in sg?

May 16, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #1,019 of 1,326

Quote:
Yes, great news!

If all goes well (no customs delays, exams, weather, loss, theft, pilferage, etc), we hopefully will get them by the end of this week.

Fingers crossed.

Jack 

do you happen to know how many youre going to get? more than say 40?...or 100?

just wondering if ill have to grab one right away...

May 16, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #1,020 of 1,326

Quote:
Yes, great news!

Fingers crossed.

Jack 

Wow! I'll definitely get one. I got my E5 from Micca like a couple of months ago. The positive reviews about E11, made me very excited in owning one. So, how many units are you expecting, at least for the first batch? TIA 
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back