E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
May 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #902 of 1,326

Quote:
Looking great!  What's that little circuit board hovering away from everything else for, by the way?  It looks like where the op-amp and volume pot goes, but I could be wrong.  How will that be attached to the main board in the end?

are you trying to steal the design? 
deadhorse.gif

May 4, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #907 of 1,326
Oh man, I wish it were something like the mini3, but usually DYI devices are more bang for the buck compared to commercial devices, in DYI you dont pay for a lot of stuff companies have to pay.

that being say, mini3 is around 75 to 80$(?) in parts alone, lets say 100$ for a finish one. and the E11 is gonna be 65$(?) I think comparing it with the mini3 is pushing it.

another amp with a lot of fans here is the PA2V2, which is around 60$, it is not a DYI but not a big company either, so maybe we can compare it to that one.

If I do end up getting the e11 (which I probably will), I'd be more then happy to compare it to my PA2V2 and post my findings in this thread.

May 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #911 of 1,326

Quote:
only plain IC, because L2, L8 is use PCOCC-A cable which import from Japan and quite expensive

I think it's better that way, this way most people will be able to use it out of the box and those who feel the need to can upgrade the cables to whatever they want.  Cuts costs to Fiio and the end-consumer, so win-win, I'd say.

May 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #912 of 1,326
Quote:
Looking great!  What's that little circuit board hovering away from everything else for, by the way?  It looks like where the op-amp and volume pot goes, but I could be wrong.  How will that be attached to the main board in the end?

I believe (though don't hold me to this) that it's the mounting board for the ALPS potentiometer. One of the reasons the amp is so thin is because the pot is actually mounted sideways to save space - some of the earlier proof of concept pictures showed this, but I can't be bothered to hunt them down. I can't quite tell how it's mounted, though.

May 4, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #913 of 1,326
i've got my eye on this, will definitely be getting one once its released!

May 4, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #914 of 1,326

Quote:
I believe (though don't hold me to this) that it's the mounting board for the ALPS potentiometer. One of the reasons the amp is so thin is because the pot is actually mounted sideways to save space - some of the earlier proof of concept pictures showed this, but I can't be bothered to hunt them down. I can't quite tell how it's mounted, though.

This is the correct answer. I really like the look of the boards. Looks like a good clean layout with all of the low profile SMT components on one side, and larger components, connectors and the battery on the other. 

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back