E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
Dec 17, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #181 of 1,326
hmm, i don't know why people discussing about Fiio DAP in E11 thread, so i'll just get back to the topic

@feiao: how do you project this E11 will be? what level of portable amp E11 can compete? by the way, i'm really hoping that someday, fiio will step into a mid-end portable amp world like pico, or ibasso at least..i wouldn't mind paying above USD100 as long as you still maintain the good price/performance ratio as fiio always does
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #182 of 1,326
Any one who like to discuss about the upcoming FiiO DAP can continue over here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/528916/upcoming-fiio-dap

Wait, did someone said pico is mid-end? I thought it is pretty high end as far as portable amp goes...

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #183 of 1,326

Quote:
Any one who like to discuss about the upcoming FiiO DAP can continue over here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/528916/upcoming-fiio-dap

Wait, did someone said pico is mid-end? I thought it is pretty high end as far as portable amp goes...

ups, my bad..

my point is, i'd really like to have fiio portable amp with sleek design, and comparable sound quality to ibasso D4 or ibasso P2 maybe. i hope feiao somehow is reading this post
biggrin.gif

and i want to stress this word again, "i wouldn't mind paying above USD100 as long as you still maintain the good price/performance ratio as fiio always does"
deadhorse.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #184 of 1,326
Quote:
feiao said:

3, I hope we can focus in our E11 . Maybe someone

Can create a new thread in source forum

"Pointing this out for those who may have missed it."

This is actually what I was referring to, knew it had been mentioned somewhere but couldn't quite be bothered to backtrack and find it.
Y'know, it is a free forum - James isn't the only person on the planet who's allowed to start FiiO product threads.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
and i want to stress this word again, "i wouldn't mind paying above USD100 as long as you still maintain the good price/performance ratio as fiio always does"

With FiiO's current price/performance ratio it's likely that a $150 FiiO dedicated portable amp (as opposed to amp/DAC) would have the power and finesse of a Woo Audio offering.
biggrin.gif

Well, certainly it might give some of the other portable amp manufacturers pause for thought. Obviously the 'true' audiophiles on here would criticise it because it's cheap, never having heard one and trying to justify their $500 portable. Such is life...

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #185 of 1,326

Quote:
With FiiO's current price/performance ratio it's likely that a $150 FiiO dedicated portable amp (as opposed to amp/DAC) would have the power and finesse of a Woo Audio offering.
biggrin.gif
Well, certainly it might give some of the other portable amp manufacturers pause for thought. Obviously the 'true' audiophiles on here would criticise it because it's cheap, never having heard one and trying to justify their $500 portable. Such is life...

yes, that's what i was talking about!! with the spending of around USD150, i'm hoping with fiio in mind, i can get the quality of headstage arrow at least
rolleyes.gif

let's just hope feiao is listening and considering what we're talking..

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #186 of 1,326
Sure, I am listening but can online all the time!

Anyway, I think it is not suitable to invole in any other brand or amp! I do respect any person or DIY house or company who make audio device for audiophile! it is not a good deal, thing more like a hobby!

and it is a hard way to them because they just want to make the best sound quality! and there absolute will not have lots people can affort the cost ! ( you need to consider the cost of R/D and handwork)!

So, we just wants to make some good and decent audio device, but we hope we can also take care about those who will have limite budge and also hope the products and be some new features and easy

to use!

For higher amp! there are already some good selection! I think we'd better fill the blank first! and we believe we have the ability to make something new but not just the replacement of some amp with lower

price!

I guess we already show the ability ! btw, your suggest is the best source to us, and we will try to realize what you dream!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 18, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #187 of 1,326

Quote:
So, we just wants to make some good and decent audio device, but we hope we can also take care about those who will have limite budge and also hope the products and be some new features and easy

to use!

For higher amp! there are already some good selection! I think we'd better fill the blank first! and we believe we have the ability to make something new but not just the replacement of some amp with lower

price!

feiao, I don't have to tell you this, but your business model makes a lot of sense.  Your long term plan may call for a more affluent customer base in addition to the entry-level consumer, but you are doing a great job of filling a void in the industry - good quality audio amplification at a reasonable price.  The E11 sounds like a real good contender against some of the higher-priced brands, but without the higher prices.

FiiO as a company is a great resource for those who are just starting out in the Portable Audiophile Hobby.  Heck, your E5 was one of the first pieces of equipment I purchased at the beginning of by audiophile "career."

Any company that puts as much thought and care into their products as yours with the mindset of keeping the R&D and production costs low enough to maintain an entry-level consumer-based business model is OK with me.  FiiO's prices bring people into this (very small) segment of the audio industry - that can never be a bad thing.

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #188 of 1,326

Quote:
I am amazed at Fiio's willingness to engage the Head-Fi community. If only Fiio would enter the after market headphone cable arena. Their approach could really shake up what must be a lucrative market for some as they provide alternatives to ubiquitous models such as the Sennheiser HD series. The pricing for these cables is ludicrous at the moment but I'd happily pay around $100 for a Fiio produced silver cable, which I suspect would still have a healthy mark up (sorry to go off topic... just seeing if I can plant a seed
wink.gif
).

Btw, would it be possible for the user to swap out the E11's supplied battery for one with more mAh?

We've approached FiiO about this, with a designed that focused on utility, flexibility, and durability (excellent audio performance is of course a prerequisite). If more people showed interest, it would give them a better idea of what kind of potential such a product would have.

Jack

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #189 of 1,326
Sure! we will consider it later! now we have too many project and we need to find some good cable and talk with Oyaide who can provide the best cable to us!

BTW, there are too many kind of headphone, and with different connector, I will like to see which will have bigger request!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 19, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #191 of 1,326

Quote:
Quote:
I am amazed at Fiio's willingness to engage the Head-Fi community. If only Fiio would enter the after market headphone cable arena. Their approach could really shake up what must be a lucrative market for some as they provide alternatives to ubiquitous models such as the Sennheiser HD series. The pricing for these cables is ludicrous at the moment but I'd happily pay around $100 for a Fiio produced silver cable, which I suspect would still have a healthy mark up (sorry to go off topic... just seeing if I can plant a seed
wink.gif
).

Btw, would it be possible for the user to swap out the E11's supplied battery for one with more mAh?

Point 1-Not so much a seed but more like BAIT!

Point 2-Yes, you can even buy the battery upgrade now before the units out.  
biggrin.gif

LOL! Look what I reeled in!

Quote:
Quote:
wink.gif
).

We've approached FiiO about this, with a designed that focused on utility, flexibility, and durability (excellent audio performance is of course a prerequisite). If more people showed interest, it would give them a better idea of what kind of potential such a product would have.

Jack

Quote:
Sure! we will consider it later! now we have too many project and we need to find some good cable and talk with Oyaide who can provide the best cable to us!

BTW, there are too many kind of headphone, and with different connector, I will like to see which will have bigger request!

You could maybe start by looking at the detachable Sennheiser cables. My understanding is that the HD650 is interchangeable with their other models so there's a potential market there based on just one cable. And if you guys were to seriously consider this I hope you look at actually providing "upgraded" cables (customer specified wire type, sleeving, plugs), rather than clones of the stock.

Anyway, enough of the thread hijack. As you were.

Dec 19, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #192 of 1,326

Quote:
new to the world of hedphones...liked the looks of grado rs1i not to mention the rave reviews.. will be getting a pair in a few days..need to know if the e7 will make a difference

Quote:

I have RS-1's and E7, it makes a nice difference but not a 'blow ya socks off' difference as simply an amp. You will however find a bigger difference with the DAC if you are not used to using a separate DAC with your PC. Also if you intend to use E7 with an ipood then I strongly suggest a LOD cable as that will then bypass your ipoods amp and use the E7's amp.

If however you are not fussed with DAC i.e you are totally portable, then I would suggest waiting for the E11.

So THIS is what Fiio said "look out for in 2011" interesting!

I want a desktop DAC and some tubes next Fiio, then you'll cause a few of the big boys to sit up and take notice of ya :wink:  (and hopefully begin to lower some of the silly prices the big guns charge, IMO)

Dec 22, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #195 of 1,326
I was going to buy an E7, but  I just copped the E5 to pass the time until the E11 hits.

P.S. - Can a brother with the RE-ZERO please get a portable  balanced amp? Think about that for the E13 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back