E10, new USB DAC ( updated with photos of real E10 )
Sep 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #196 of 541

E9 is too high impedance for K701 to have sufficient damping.  E11 would probably be a better match if they need massive high volumes on the AKG.

Quote:
the impedance of K701 is about 60 ohms, and E10 can output 50mW@60 ohm, so it should not be a problem in spec, but as you know, the SQ can not simply decided by spec. I think E10 can drive it in a very loud sound level. but I think 

it can not drive it to the best, and E9 maybe the best for K701

No line input on the E10?  Didn't notice that.

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #198 of 541
Hey all I am currently considering signing up for the second round pre-order. I am looking for a cheap usb DAC for use with Fischer FA-011/Beyer DT990, and I was wondering if anyone would know how these compare with the Music Streamer II on pure DAC quality. Would there be a noticeable SQ difference at half the price of the Music Streamer?

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #199 of 541

Quote:
Hey all I am currently considering signing up for the second round pre-order. I am looking for a cheap usb DAC for use with Fischer FA-011/Beyer DT990, and I was wondering if anyone would know how these compare with the Music Streamer II on pure DAC quality. Would there be a noticeable SQ difference at half the price of the Music Streamer?

The Music Streamer II would have better SQ, but it is a standalone DAC, so you would need a separate amp. The E10 is a DAC/amp though. You would probably find it good enough if you haven't heard many DACs. 

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #200 of 541

Quote:
In my experience, Amazon (or their resellers) generally get FiiO products in well after everyone else. If you're looking to get your E10 pretty soon after release, you may want to look elsewhere.

i see... tha facts is that my headphone jack doesn't work... so i need a dac quite soon.
But i don't know any webshop.

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #202 of 541
Hey, new to all this, so some help would be appreciated.

I realize the e10 is not out yet, and likely no one has tried it, but....
I'm trying to decide on a desktop DAC/AMP to pair with my Macbook Pro and Grado 225's.

I really like the HiFiMan EF2 from what I read, but am wondering if the new e10 would be better?
Would this newer product with new technology be better (especially for half the price, compared to the EF2)?

Any suggestions are welcome, Thanks!

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #203 of 541

I'm trying to decide on a desktop DAC/AMP to pair with my Macbook Pro and Grado 225's.

I really like the HiFiMan EF2 from what I read, but am wondering if the new e10 would be better?
Would this newer product with new technology be better (especially for half the price, compared to the EF2)?

It has been reviewed, and the review is extremely positive:

http://www.headfonia.com/the-latest-must-have-the-fiio-e10-usb-dacamp/

Honestly, I wouldn't pay twice as much for the EF2. Even if its better, I doubt it will be a giant difference, and your Grado's aren't the hardest things to drive. That said, I obviously have only my own opinion to base this one. Take it for what it's worth.

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #204 of 541
Quote:

The EF2 will probably overkill for the Grado 225's. I think the difference in sound quality would be more significant if it were for higher end headphones.

Not to mention, Grado's are extremely easy to drive, and require little to no amplification at all.

Unless you intend to get much more demanding headphones in the future, I couldn't justify the difference in price between the E10 and the EF2; especially since the over all gain would be marginal at best.

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #207 of 541

Quote:
Is this plug and play or does it require special drivers?.

No special driver needed. It will be recognized as an SPDIF interface. Most modern OS will have the common driver already built into the system.

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #209 of 541
(thanks for the replies, blood raven & riku)

---I'm wondering about the e10 battery drain. Since it's USB powered, would it drain a lot of my battery if I use it for several hours a day (compared to other DAC/AMPs which plug in the wall, like the EF2).

---also, can the e10 be used with already powered desktop speakers, or is it just for headphones?

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #210 of 541
It will drain your battery alot more compared to a dac that plugs into the wall as it is taking power from the device its plugged into, how much power the e10 will draw i don't know and it would probley depend how you used it, just using it as a usb to coax converter the power drain will be small , but if using it and driving headphones at high volumes the power drain will be alot more.

It looks like it will work with desktop speakers as it has a line-out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back