E10, new USB DAC ( updated with photos of real E10 )
Dec 21, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #481 of 541
Too bad I bought a E10 last week and it's on its way to me right now. It won't have the new improved headphone socket.

if your e10 doesn't make any weird stuff with the HO plug, you will be more than happy.

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #483 of 541

Quote:
Just got the E10

There is a rattling sound when I shake it, like something is loose inside it, is this normal??

Even if you move the HP cable, you must NOT hear any difference in the sound. About something loose.. let me check it later :p

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #485 of 541
Quote:
the e10 refresh has a changed headphone out jack, wonder if that fixes the issue?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586407/instructions-of-fiio-product-modification

I am confused by this as it show the new model here but that is the same one that I recently received and it had the much talked about jack issue so I have returned it.

Can anyone confirm for me that this is the "new" version talked about in the other thread, or will there be another newer model with resolved jack issue any time soon in the future.

I ask because I really like the E10 and I want to know whether I should buy a replacement straight away or wait for a revised model.

Sorry for the crossposting but I am now checking up on 3 threads here daily trying to get a definitive answer to this.

Thanks.

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #486 of 541
I suppose now is too late to ask you for a photo of the E10 model you had. So the jack looks gold instead of silver?

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #487 of 541
There are 3 versions of E10, 

1, The original with old silk screen, had been sold out in 2 months ago .

2, The 2st with new silk screen and the gold-plated RCA coaxial output. current version

3, The 3st with new  headphone socket , will be shipped to our agent from Feb, 2012.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 21, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #488 of 541
Quote:
There are 3 versions of E10, 

1, The original with old silk screen, had been sold out in 2 months ago .

2, The 2st with new silk screen and the gold-plated RCA coaxial output. current version

3, The 3st with new  headphone socket , will be shipped to our agent from Feb, 2012.

That is excellent and all I needed to know, thanks.

Mine was the 2nd version, and I think I am going to wait for the new one now.

I would rather be safe than sorry and not risk buying another 2nd version then a couple of months down the line the fault re-appear when it's out of warranty.

Out of interest though, could you tell me what your manufacturers warranty policy is? If the E10 develops a fault outside the retailers warranty period, would it be possible to return to FIIO for a replacement/repair?

Thanks again.

Dec 25, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #489 of 541
I'ts great to hear that Fiio are going to fix the jack issue, but to me is too bad that they do it until Feb 2012.
I'm trying to decide between this (Fiio e10) and the Nuforce udac-2, since my onboard sound is making noise because a ground problem.
This is going to be the first product of his class that i will buy, so i don't want to make a bad decision. By the way, i live in Mexico, so it’s going to be a big problem the guaranty (returning the product).
Are you guys thinking that i should wait for this (Fiio e10) or go for the udac-2?
Sorry if I don't write properly. And sorry if it is an off topic question.

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #490 of 541
Hola compadre!

I'm from Mexico too. I got mine from a visit to USA, and that's how I was able to return it easily.

However, if you are going to order it from China or someone that ships to Mexico... I don't know... The failure rate is supposed to be very low, but if is defective you are screwed. However E10 is a really nice DAC. I don't know how much better is against uDac-2. I think in headfonia.com in the review they compared it against uDac-2.

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #491 of 541

Quote:
Hola compadre!

I'm from Mexico too. I got mine from a visit to USA, and that's how I was able to return it easily.

However, if you are going to order it from China or someone that ships to Mexico... I don't know... The failure rate is supposed to be very low, but if is defective you are screwed. However E10 is a really nice DAC. I don't know how much better is against uDac-2. I think in headfonia.com in the review they compared it against uDac-2.

Gracias Amigo obazavil !

I will buy this fiio e10 on Amazon and it will be shipped to a direction on USA (to a friend), and then in a visit, i'll pick the e10 by myself.
Thank you for answer my question, i'll take a chance with the fiio e10, because i can't listen my music properly in my onboard sound anymore.

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #492 of 541

Quote:
Gracias Amigo obazavil !

I will buy this fiio e10 on Amazon and it will be shipped to a direction on USA (to a friend), and then in a visit, i'll pick the e10 by myself.
Thank you for answer my question, i'll take a chance with the fiio e10, because i can't listen my music properly in my onboard sound anymore.

Un placer :)

Just ask your friend to open it, check it, listen some music with the E10 and tell you the feedback. If if OK (I really hope it is, seems was just back luck for some of us) you keep it, otherwise he can return it for free.

Amazon Prime + 1 day shipping saved my trip when I ordered my 2nd E10 that I love :)

Dec 26, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #494 of 541

Quote:
When the E10 is connected to the computer, does the device need to be selected as the output, or will both the sound card and E10 output audio simultaneously?

You can only have one output device at a time.  You can either set the E10 as the default playback device, or you can keep your soundcard as the default and set the E10 as the playback device from within the program (music/audio program). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back