E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Jun 23, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #1,247 of 1,955
I would like to order an e-mu teak directly from e-mu but I would like to know the amount of the taxes for a delivery in France. somebody knows ?
Don't know what category headphones fall under but. Looks like roughly $100 but just incase you should look up a couple of different duty tax calculators.

https://www.easyship.com/duties-and-taxes-calculator/france
https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 5.34.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 5.44.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 5.44.49 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 5.35.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 5.35.03 AM.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #1,249 of 1,955
My first ''good'' headphone was Creative Aurvana Live. I've upgraded my headphones later (after couple of years) but i never find that bass punch even with praised headphones. Lately i discovered these Fostex Drop headphones and Emu Teak. So much praise. I'm curious about them. I've just realized these are similiar to CAL. Same driver type but bigger. I understand now why people praising these but to be honest CAL's are really low tier headphones. I wonder these Emu Teaks and Fostex cans are good at detail retrieval, soundstage, imaging, instrument seperation etc... There are Beyer tesla headphones at this price range which is similiar to these. Also Sundara, LCD1 and 660S. How are these compared to those. Beyer tesla cans are super fast and good at detail. DT 770 is also far better than CAL for example. I have Ananda and i'm curious are these gonna sound like low fi basshead headphone or can be competitive to something like Ananda ?

TLDR: 1770 or 1990 vs Fostex Ebony and Emu Teak ? Especially technical capability, soundstage, imaging, detail etc.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #1,251 of 1,955
My teak cups have a micro crack on them, so I emailed emu about purchasing replacements. It took them a bit, and I had to email three times, but finally got an answer with cup replacement prices from 100 (bamboo) to 150 (teak). Everything else was in the middle.

the teak cups seem pretty fragile, imho, as they had no drops or impact. I believe the crack came just from the cups adjusting and changing over time. My only real complaint with these headphones.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #1,252 of 1,955
My teak cups have a micro crack on them, so I emailed emu about purchasing replacements. It took them a bit, and I had to email three times, but finally got an answer with cup replacement prices from 100 (bamboo) to 150 (teak). Everything else was in the middle.

the teak cups seem pretty fragile, imho, as they had no drops or impact. I believe the crack came just from the cups adjusting and changing over time. My only real complaint with these headphones.
I thought they were using some chemicals to fight against cracks. Is latest LCD 2's have crack issue too ? Heard old ones cracking. Never tried wooden cups before.

Jul 7, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #1,253 of 1,955
I've been considering either these or the campfire cascades, has anyone had experience with both and could offer a comparison?

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #1,255 of 1,955
Hello Emu Teak owners,

I do own the Meze 99 Classics but after 3 years I wanted to buy the Emu Teak as an potential upgrade. Don't get me wrong the Meze 99 Classics are unbeatable in it's price range, sound and portability. A very fun warm with good bass headphone. What I am missing is a bigger soundstage, cleaner mids and overall better clarity.

What I would like to know compared to the 99 Classics, has the Emu Teak:
Bigger soundstage and more depth?
Cleaner Mids?
How is the bass? More bass? Better quality? Impact?
How is the treble? Not too aggressive?
Overall more clarity and details?
Warm sound signature? How is the sound isolation, for better or for worse?
And portability ( size compared to 99 Classics )
and your final thoughts if it's worth the upgrade, are the differences significant?

I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!

Jul 13, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #1,256 of 1,955
Hello Emu Teak owners,

I do own the Meze 99 Classics but after 3 years I wanted to buy the Emu Teak as an potential upgrade. Don't get me wrong the Meze 99 Classics are unbeatable in it's price range, sound and portability. A very fun warm with good bass headphone. What I am missing is a bigger soundstage, cleaner mids and overall better clarity.

What I would like to know compared to the 99 Classics, has the Emu Teak:
Bigger soundstage and more depth?
Cleaner Mids?
How is the bass? More bass? Better quality? Impact?
How is the treble? Not too aggressive?
Overall more clarity and details?
Warm sound signature? How is the sound isolation, for better or for worse?
And portability ( size compared to 99 Classics )
and your final thoughts if it's worth the upgrade, are the differences significant?

I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!
The E-MU Teak is a cleaner headphone throughout. Don't expect as much bass as the 99 Classics, because you won't be getting that. What you will hear on the Teak, though, is a clear, well-textured low-end response, with decent, but not tactile rumble. Transients are quicker on the Teak, with faster decay. You won't be getting that thick, mushy bass the 99 Classics is famous for. If you're a huge basshead, you might not enjoy the lows on the Teak.

Treble on the Teak is also more extended, with better-defined highs. You get greater sizzle on the E-MU; in comparison, the 99 Classics sounds darker and a lot more subdued in the higher registers. If you are used to the highs on the 99 Classics, you might find the ones on the Teak to be a little aggressive at first; however, if you allow your ears some time to adjust, such notions will be quickly expelled.

Overall, the Teak is the more defined headphone, with better clarity throughout. Depending on your aural preferences, you might find the Teak a more musical headphone, too. It's well worth the price premium over the 99 Classics, IMO.

Finally, on the topic of portability, the 99 Classics edges out the Teak.

Jul 16, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #1,257 of 1,955
hey guys, i ordered from e-mu directly around Sunday and haven't heard anything back from them yet, how long did it take for you guys to get a confirmation or shipping invoice once you ordered from them? Getting a little worried over here :scream:

Jul 16, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #1,258 of 1,955
hey guys, i ordered from e-mu directly around Sunday and haven't heard anything back from them yet, how long did it take for you guys to get a confirmation or shipping invoice once you ordered from them? Getting a little worried over here :scream:
3 years owner of Teaks here and visitor to this thread. Have seen some worried people here and have seen some late replies from Emu. But I have never seen anyone being cheated by them. So don't worry, you will get the phones hopefully sooner rather than later 🎁

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #1,259 of 1,955
3 years owner of Teaks here and visitor to this thread. Have seen some worried people here and have seen some late replies from Emu. But I have never seen anyone being cheated by them. So don't worry, you will get the phones hopefully sooner rather than later 🎁
thank you for the quick reply VilMo, i appreciate the honesty. Thank you for being the voice of reason :dt880smile:. While you are here od you have any recommendations for replacements for the detachable cables?

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #1,260 of 1,955
thank you for the quick reply VilMo, i appreciate the honesty. Thank you for being the voice of reason :dt880smile:. While you are here od you have any recommendations for replacements for the detachable cables?
Cannot be of help, I have earlier version with non-detachable cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back