E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
May 24, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #1,231 of 1,967
I’ve owned the x00 ebony, and while I liked them the bass was still a bit muddy to me. I prefer the teaks both for low end and for overall timbre. Hopefully your emu ebony are similar enough that they’ll beat the x00 as well.

May 24, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #1,232 of 1,967
I’ve owned the x00 ebony, and while I liked them the bass was still a bit muddy to me. I prefer the teaks both for low end and for overall timbre. Hopefully your emu ebony are similar enough that they’ll beat the x00 as well.
Yeah, I'm not sure if this is true or not but I think the implementation of the drivers on the EMU headphones is just slightly more refined than the Fostex models. I've read in reviews that the Fostex Ebony could get a bit sibilant due to a very small peak in the treble but I don't hear anything like that on EMU. The bass does sound elevated indeed but I have yet to hear anything muddy unless it's mastered and mixed that way. Everything is well balanced and smooth to my ears, zero harshness or sluggishness whatsoever.

With the EMUs, the consensus seems that all the wood types are very good and don't make any huge changes.

Jun 7, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #1,233 of 1,967
Hello,
I purschased an excellent EMU-TEAK headphone recently, but unfortunately, it felt down and broke.
The two drivers enclosed in the cups are still working well.
Do anybody know how to get replacement parts to attach the cups to a new headband (for example a Fostex headband more solid)?
Thanks for you help.

Jun 7, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #1,234 of 1,967
Hello,
I purschased an excellent EMU-TEAK headphone recently, but unfortunately, it felt down and broke.
Do anybody know how to get replacement parts to attach the cups to a new headband (for example a Fostex headband more solid)?
Thanks for you help.
Which part are you trying to replace? You're better off emailing EMU directly and see if they'll sell the replacement part. Fostex replacement parts are expensive and hard to find.

Jun 7, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #1,235 of 1,967
Anybody know of a good cheap euro source for these emu cans?

Jun 7, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #1,236 of 1,967
Hello,
Thanks for you help.

Which part are you trying to replace? You're better off emailing EMU directly and see if they'll sell the replacement part. Fostex replacement parts are expensive and hard to find.

Good idea Minty1, I haven't thougth that EMU could sell parts, so I did a mail asking them !
Thank you very much
Maurice

Attachments

• DSC_1535.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #1,237 of 1,967
Jun 7, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #1,238 of 1,967
Hello,
Thanks for you help.
Good to have an alternative solution.
Thanks

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #1,241 of 1,967
Anybody know of a good cheap euro source for these emu cans?
Would love that as well, almost impossible to find any of these or the massdrop fostex line for sale over here

Jun 18, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #1,243 of 1,967
I have settled to buy E-MU Teak, because I want something which has good bass, closed sound and overall somewhat balanced sounds. I kept constantly reading how the ZMF Atticus is better, but it costs like 3 times the price and doesn't even have similar sound signature other than bass. I already have the DT1770 and have had it for 5 years, but I feel like I want something more fun for my techno. Anyways based on my research it seems like the E-mu with Rosewood would be best for me as it is not too critical and I don't feel comfortable spending over 1k€ for headphones which I cannot audition.

I guess I don't have really any questions and I am just rambling, but I just wanted to say something. If someone would have better ideas.

I saw Fostex TH900MK2 going for 800€ used, I considered it but then I read more about it and E-MU is more balanced in sound.

Jun 21, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #1,244 of 1,967
I have not read the 83 pages of this post but I hesitate between a new e-mu rosewood bought directly from e-mu or a fostex th x00 secondhand but impeccable sound level what differences on pop rock blues your opinion please

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #1,245 of 1,967
Tyll likes the Emus. I don't think it could be a mistake. BTW if you go DropTex then get the TR not the TH.

Pop, rock, blues, not great on these cans without EQ unless you don't care that the vocals will seem distant and weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back