E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Oct 10, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #347 of 1,967
  #SoundTown

Just curious, which 8 woods did Chan display at RMAF ?

Not too sure, he didn’t tell me about that (he’s a pretty busy guy). I assume it’s pretty similar to what he showed Tyll in the Inner Fidelity video, so definitely the standard 3 (Teak, Ebony, Rosewood), and possibly Purpleheart and Mahogany. I wouldn’t know if he’s bringing anything else.
Here’s the Inner Fidelity video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UQjxdRqg-I

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #348 of 1,967
#SoundTown

Thanks for reply and vid link !,

Just now looked at fotos on the RMAF Impressions thread and can make out 5 of the 8 woods - Teak, Rosewood, Ebony, Mahogany and Purpleheart exactly as you said.

2 or 3 of the other woods just dunno, not sure...one is very light, & one or two very close to the mahogany color. These may be different woods, or possibly lighter/darker variations of teak and mahogany. Best guess is those are a light Ash, dark Ash and Jasper maybe. I should email Chan; he probably is too busy right now fitting in RMAF among his schedule.

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #349 of 1,967
   I should email Chan; he probably is too busy right now fitting in RMAF among his schedule.

Yup Chan’s definitely going to be busy with RMAF. Things should be settling down by next week, so if you shoot him an email, he’ll probably reply then if he isn’t tied up with other work-related matters.
I personally think that after the very positive review Tyll gave the Teaks, sales are going to rise, and Chan’s going to be a busy busy (but hopefully happy) man. That review also has made me slightly more curious to try the THX-00’s but alas, I don’t think that’ll be happening soon.

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #350 of 1,967

I should email Chan; he probably is too busy right now fitting in RMAF among his schedule.

Yup Chan’s definitely going to be busy with RMAF. Things should be settling down by next week, so if you shoot him an email, he’ll probably reply then if he isn’t tied up with other work-related matters.
I personally think that after the very positive review Tyll gave the Teaks, sales are going to rise, and Chan’s going to be a busy busy (but hopefully happy) man. That review also has made me slightly more curious to try the THX-00’s but alas, I don’t think that’ll be happening soon.

Do you not have the teaks yet? You may be buy 'em :p

I hope you do already. If yes, may as well skip the X00s. Every person who has both, loves the EMU more.

BTW Guys, Made in Japan? Or do those headphone.com guys... don't know their stuff so well:

Or was Chan sending out Made in Japan pairs there at RMAF?

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #351 of 1,967
BTW Guys, Made in Japan? Or do those headphone.com guys... don't know their stuff so well:

Or was Chan sending out Made in Japan pairs there at RMAF?

Uhhhh, yeah, I don't think so.

I'm so glad I met Chan. Was very cool gentleman.

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #352 of 1,967

Do you not have the teaks yet? You may be buy 'em :p

I hope you do already. If yes, may as well skip the X00s. Every person who has both, loves the EMU more.

No, I don't have the Teaks yet, but I am planning to get them some day. I'll have to wait and see. I also am not planning to purchase a set of TH-X00's, because they're just a bit too troublesome to get. Also, yes I am a bit concerned about the QC issues some people have pointed out, which is a contributing factor to my decision.
Might change my mind if I see a TH-X00 for a killer price, but ultimately, I think the Teak is just easier for me to get here in Singapore - no killer waiting times, no shipping from who knows where, no crazy tax from overseas shipping, etc.
All I really want to try the TH-X00's for would be to compare to the Teaks, especially once I eventually get them. While the Teaks are often labelled as "better", it would be interesting for me to see how so for myself, and what the subjective differences are.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #354 of 1,967
Hi, 

A new owner here of the E-MU Teak. The phones are amazing but I have comfort issues with the smallish openings of the pads (or with my largeish ears).
Can anyone confirm they the Teaks are compatible with the Brainwavz Angled Memory Foam Earpad - (Black Pleather)?
Will this impact sound negatively in a significant way?
Alternatives sold in EU are welcome. Just don't want to go through customs again, this was too much trouble.
Thanks.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #355 of 1,967
  Hi, 

A new owner here of the E-MU Teak. The phones are amazing but I have comfort issues with the smallish openings of the pads (or with my largeish ears).
Can anyone confirm they the Teaks are compatible with the Brainwavz Angled Memory Foam Earpad - (Black Pleather)?
Will this impact sound negatively in a significant way?
Alternatives sold in EU are welcome. Just don't want to go through customs again, this was too much trouble.
Thanks.

Not sure about the Brainwavz, but Dekoni has a specific set that matches the TH-X00 and is exactly compatible with the E-MUs too. 

On that note, anyone know if the stock pads in the E-MU have those plastic rings on the inside of the pads like the X00s? 

Edit: I should also add that Dekoni's set is, I think, only available through Massdrop. 

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #356 of 1,967
Not sure about the Brainwavz, but Dekoni has a specific set that matches the TH-X00 and is exactly compatible with the E-MUs too. 

On that note, anyone know if the stock pads in the E-MU have those plastic rings on the inside of the pads like the X00s? 

Literally the same pads:

Source, I owned both.

Originally featured on the th500rp

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #357 of 1,967
The Deconi pads on Massdrop have the same internal size as the stock pads if I am not mistaken, this was discussed on the TH-X00 forum. 
The Brainwavz seem a bit bigger.
They were reported to fit the TH-X00 so if the Teak pads are identical to the TH-X this answers my question. 
Thanks Eudis.

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #358 of 1,967

Edit: I should also add that Dekoni's set is, I think, only available through Massdrop. 

I have the Teak headphones, and the stock pads do have two plastic rings in each pad. The mounting ring, and another the shape of the pad itself backing the foam.

Pics are of the Brainwavz lambskin pads fitting on the mounting ring. Should be same dimensions as hm5.

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #359 of 1,967
I have the Teak headphones, and the stock pads do have two plastic rings in each pad. The mounting ring, and another the shape of the pad itself backing the foam.

Pics are of the Brainwavz lambskin pads fitting on the mounting ring. Should be same dimensions as hm5.

Thanks. How do you like the sound with those?

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #360 of 1,967
Thanks. How do you like the sound with those?

With the lambskin Brainwavz pads and/or HM5 velour angled pads?

They are terrible. I hate it.

I use zmf omni pads. I just thought I'd help by putting them on and posting pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back