E-MU 0204 USB: Damn, They've Done it Again! And for $129!!!
Dec 18, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #275 of 310
That is what I posted on creative's forum. No creative people jumped in to face this problem. This company is really bad. I think this product should be banned in the market. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #277 of 310

Quote:

$65 from Creative store, using 50% off code (BF11EMU5).

Check-out is thru Amazon (and fullfillment).

Jump on this deal!

Is this offer still valid?
When I submit checkout I only get page where I can accept or enter delivery address and
no field to enter the promotion code. I'm not sure if I can click further because I'm afraid to finish my order for 129$.
Regards, Tom

Dec 26, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #279 of 310

Quote:
I wouldn't bother buying it. I'd wait and try to find another DAC that has better drivers that tests similarly well.

I've read the whole thread so I'm aware of the problems.
But as I understood (maybe I'm wrong) most of them impact the recording capabilities.
Because I need only playback function, I think I can risk.
In fact I can't find better match for my needs - best possible SQ, four channels,
and HD formats support, and low price :)
Regards, Tom

Dec 27, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #280 of 310
Has anyone used one of these things for recording in stereo?  I'm trying in vain to find a decent USB ADC to record my vinyl at 24/192.  All I've seen in any threads relating to this are all about using it as a DAC, which really isn't that important to me.

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #282 of 310

Quote:
If you're at home and with a turntable, I assume you have a spare desktop around.  If so, you're much better off getting a PCI or firewire recording interface.

LOL!  Dude, I stopped using desktops years ago.  Also, I've yet to see a firewire audio interface that handles 24/192 recording at an even remotely comparable price.  Believe me, I'd go for it if there was one.

I am on a MacBook Pro, though, and now that they've made Lion drivers available, I suspect that it will probably work better than it does on Windows.  I've ALWAYS had bad latency issues with USB audio on Windows.  Ick.

I think that I found my answer yesterday when I came across stuff like this:  http://www.wallcoinc.com/Calrad_55_721G_1_Multi_Colored_Shielded_Patch_Cab_p/WAL22-55-721G-1.htm  It looks like you just need two RCA-to-1/4" cables to connect from a line output into the 0204.  Beyond that, I just hope that it's as accurate a conversion from analog to digital possible.  I'm guessing that no one here has tried it, and that everyone here is just trying to use the DAC.  Given that I already have an iBasso D1 that I use with the toslink port, I'm not too concerned about that.  :)

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #284 of 310
DOH!  Thanks for the heads up on that.  Guess I'll have to look into the 0404 since the 0202 is discontinued.  Unless there's a better ADC for the money. I'd LOVE to get an Apogee Duet 2, but it's too damned expensive, ESPECIALLY after plunking down a decent chunk of change of a Phonomena II phono preamp.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #285 of 310
So I'm getting KRK RP6's and I want to have a backup plan if they produce hissing on my X-Fi Titanium HD. Is this 0204 balanced or not? People are talking about using TS instead of TRS connectors and it's balanced, what does it mean?! What cables exactly should I have to use RP6's as balanced in this interface? And importantly does 0204 have a volume adjust?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back