elctronn

New Head-Fier
Modified PCB, only 86 x 70 mm

L1.png

Complete high quality PDF documentation

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks very interesting, but where to buy the PCB ?

This is only a proposal. Inspiration for the manufacturer of the original board. Unfortunately.

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhm... how is this "better" than the current Dynahi boards?

Function is the same, it's only smaller. The original is unsightly, unprofessional appearance.

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by elctronn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Modified PCB, only 86 x 70 mm

Complete high quality PDF documentation

Very nice PCB layout. Good to see that you have replaced the practically unavailable dual input JFETs (2SJ109 / 2SK389) and dual BJT transistors (2SA1349 / 2SC3381) by some easier to get parts. Well done!
cool.gif

One small comment, I have got the feeling that the value of R1 (10KΩ) is on the low side when a 50KΩ or 100KΩ volumepot is used.
I think that it’s better to change the value of R1 to 1MΩ and add an extra resistor (R0) of 475Ω (or values in that range) between the input and R1 (gate of T1/T3). Of course, the PCB has to modified a bit since an extra resistor (R0) is added to the circuit.

Maybe it's worth it to post this thread on the DIY section.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.........One small comment, I have got the feeling that the value of R1 (10KΩ) is on the low side when a 50KΩ or 100KΩ volumepot is used. I think that it’s better to change the value of R1 to 1MΩ and add an extra resistor (R0) of 475Ω (or values in that range) between the input and R1 (gate of T1/T3). Of course, the PCB has to modified a bit since an extra resistor (R0) is added to the circuit..........

Oh yes, remain in force rules for the classical dynahi from djgardner
He is the author of the original proposal:
Dynahi_top.JPG

I only modified the appearance of the board.
But wholly original Gilmore proposal was: IC1=OP27, without R1, without 10k trims.

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #12 of 16
Looks OK, though there are some things I would change (TO92 footprint, add paralleled emitter resistors as the original, and use the 2SJ109/2SK389 footprints in order to take advantage of dual heatsinks for starters). Nicely documented, though you appear to have reused the schematic that Morsel (IIRC) did.

I assume you have Dr. Gilmore's permission on this if you intend to do a board run?

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks OK, though there are some things I would change (TO92 footprint, add paralleled emitter resistors as the original, and use the 2SJ109/2SK389 footprints in order to take advantage of dual heatsinks for starters). Nicely documented, though you appear to have reused the schematic that Morsel (IIRC) did.

I assume you have Dr. Gilmore's permission on this if you intend to do a board run?

I don't intend to do a board run?

Mar 26, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by elctronn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't intend to do a board run?

OK. What are you going to do with this? You surely didn't go to all this trouble just to look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back