Dynahi Aluminum (Trans/Heatsink) Panel Group Buy
Feb 1, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #46 of 54
My purpose is to get rid of the additional right angle part. According to Rod Elliott's tutorial on heatsinks, you want to minimize the number of thermal junctions. Also, you want to align the center of transistors to the center of the heatsink.

I think the ideal heatsink would have a mounting ledge cast into it like the AKSA amp. Someone in Oz, in another thread IIRC, was looking into it.

- Eric

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by eweitzman
My purpose is to get rid of the additional right angle part. According to Rod Elliott's tutorial on heatsinks, you want to minimize the number of thermal junctions. Also, you want to align the center of transistors to the center of the heatsink.

I think the ideal heatsink would have a mounting ledge cast into it like the AKSA amp. Someone in Oz, in another thread IIRC, was looking into it.

- Eric

Skyscraper was looking into it in the Dynahi Construction thread, around page 23. Since they would ship from Austrailia, he was wondering if enough of us would get together so he could just do one shipment rather than individuals.

Feb 3, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #52 of 54
I've order from Conrad before and their heatsinks are excellent. I would definitely recommend a group buy though...I bought 4 heatinks that were approx $6 a piece and then ended up paying $24 in freight charges. The sales person I e-mailed mentioned the fact that shipping out of Australia isn't cheap for such low quantities, but gets much better when you get over 10.

Feb 3, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #53 of 54
heatsink.jpg

That could make a really clean heatsink/rear panel design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back