DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 20, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #12,871 of 14,084
  Question to people using the DX90 as a DAC:

I installed the drivers but something is not working:

Its not recognized although choosing the drivers manually and windows telling me its the latest driver, the yellow sign wont go away...also i have them two times its strange...

Because of this, Tidal is not recognizing the DAC..

anyone knows the solution?

Windows Device Status sais:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Thanks

Try to download the last version again and reinstall the drivers. The last version doesn't have problem with the certificate, I am using Windows 8.1 and this problem doesn't happen.

And Tidal doesn't recognize the DAC because the drivers don't work correctly.

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #12,872 of 14,084
In that case there might not be enough space for the scan process to finish building the metadata database and album art database

I tried freeing up more space on the internal memory but it did not help. I found after deleting the album_img folder and doing a factory reset I can now load all songs from the SD card folder view. If I do a full scan then I run into issues. I will just load through the folder view for now. I also installed Rockbox which lets me use my playlists however I noticed the skip forward button sometimes skips back in Rockbox. Is there a way to seek through tracks in Rockbox? When I hold the skip forward button it just goes to the previous song. Any way to use the touch screen to do this? Also, scrolling through all of my artists in Rockbox can take a while as I haven't found a way to touch and drag the scrubber like you can in the Mango firmware. Using the FF/Rew buttons does not scroll fast enough in Rockbox.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #12,873 of 14,084

Try to download the last version again and reinstall the drivers. The last version doesn't have problem with the certificate, I am using Windows 8.1 and this problem doesn't happen.

And Tidal doesn't recognize the DAC because the drivers don't work correctly.

Thanks, Dont know why I installed the older driver in the first place :)

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #12,874 of 14,084
Does anyone know which character encoding is used to build the database on the DX90? There seems to be an issue with importing playlists that have files with an apostrophe ( ' ). In the main database, apostrophes are pointing forward (see image below) which is different from how they look in a .m3u file. Which method of encoding should I be using in my .m3u files? Is there a particular apostrophe I need to use so that the player recognizes those files and imports the playlist correctly? If an artist, album, or song title has an apostrophe it is not imported in the playlist as it stands. Any help is appreciated!

Jul 20, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #12,875 of 14,084
That sort of looks like a back tick, on a US keyboard is't the key to the left of the 1 shared with ~   ` 
See if you can replace it with a forward tick, on US keyboard shares the key with " to the left of the enter key  '

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #12,876 of 14,084
That sort of looks like a back tick, on a US keyboard is't the key to the left of the 1 shared with ~   ` 
See if you can replace it with a forward tick, on US keyboard shares the key with " to the left of the enter key  '

Thanks for the tip, I will try that.

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #12,877 of 14,084
Does anyone know of any alternative cases to the Dignis ones?  They look wonderful but I'm not a huge of the exposed top portion of the player.  I also love the silicon cases since they make the buttons more tactile than than when using the Dignis cases.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #12,878 of 14,084
Dignis cases can also make pushing the upper-leftmost corner of the touch screen quite difficult if your fingers don't narrow to inhuman points.

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #12,880 of 14,084
i normally dont regret using my things without the case, but this time i regret it, scuffed edges huhu

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #12,885 of 14,084
Question:

So the worst thing happened to me last Sunday. I was about to unwind with a 27 ounce mug of beer when suddenly next thing I knew the bottom gave up from right under the mug spilling everything over the entire desk soaking everything including my DX90. I was horrified naturally and immediately removed the battery, sprayed it (lightly) clean as I could with ethanol and had it placed in a container filled with desiccant gel. So fastforward 4 days and it's working again (yay!) but have noticed that the background (sound) is not completely black as I remember. There is definitely feint static that can be heard on my headphones. Gets worse in DAC mode. 

I'm using the original battery, but have tried others. No luck. They're all slightly bloated at this point, so figure maybe that has something to do with it. Anyone else have had similar issues using the original battery? or did I damage my DX90?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back