DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 12, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #12,526 of 14,084
I am pretty certain that the volume level is quite irrelevant for the battery life out of a single charge as the DX90 alters the volume its DAC section with the amp kind of always running on max (deepending on the gain setting).

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #12,527 of 14,084
I had a 1 hour train ride today. Used my new DX-90 (v 2.2.0 official FW) Line Out -> Cayin C5 (Low Gain, No Bass Boost) -> ER4S and listened to Metallica's Through the Never album on Gapless. Whoa! No muddy bass, very good instrumental separation, could feel James Hetfield's adrenaline rush, WOW. 
I kind of get why Etymotic Research says that these are 92% accurate. I'm not sure they are really 90%, someone can share more on that, but I really love the way these sound for recorded performances. :) 
Thanks for reading, and thanks to all these companies!

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #12,528 of 14,084
  Hello, I just bought dx90 few days ago, apparently  my battery only reach 4 hours  (both samsung and default) , Is it normal ?  

You can search for few very informative posts about batteries by T.R.A.N.C.E. , Lurker0 and few other guys  a while back.to cut it short,if u can get your hand on a Samsung Japan-Japan,it will give u the best play-time and sound.If u are only after longer play-time,u can always use the aftermarket 'extended' s3 batteries.

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #12,530 of 14,084
Forever, when you're waiting anxiously. That's a universal law.

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #12,532 of 14,084
i don't know if the same effect happens with other amps , but i have noticed how the soundstage gets bigger and expands every time i use my arrow 4G amp

when i use the DX90 on its own ampless , the sound comes 'closer' and the soundstage gets narrower - i think it mostly has to do with the mids getting closer to me.

depending on the iems I use (K3003 / re272) i tend to either use my DX90 with(k3003) or without (re272) the arrow 4G amp

just thought i should share this observation here , in case there are other dx90+arrow amp users.

Jun 14, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #12,533 of 14,084
Hi

I tried Rockbox with new v2.2 firmware. I have 2 issues

- Volume control does not seem to work correctly thru all the steps like in the Mango player
- There are significant drops playing FLAC on large files.

Question
- In rockbox how do I do a factory or default reset? I made some EQ, crossfeed, dithering changes which I want to change to default to pin point the problem.
- Is v2.2 compatible with rockbox? is this the best version of FW or should I try others
- which themes work well on rockbox? I tried cabbiebasso which is good and want to try others.

-Is there any value in rockbox?

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #12,534 of 14,084
Hi

- Volume control does not seem to work correctly thru all the steps like in the Mango player

Question
- In rockbox how do I do a factory or default reset? I made some EQ, crossfeed, dithering changes which I want to change to default to pin point the problem.
- Is v2.2 compatible with rockbox? is this the best version of FW or should I try others
- which themes work well on rockbox? I tried cabbiebasso which is good and want to try others.

tried them,prefer mango for the language character support and ease of use

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #12,535 of 14,084
  Hi

Question

for restoring settings:  Settings/Manage Settings/Reset Settings
for prevent drops: Settings/General Settings/System/Freq Scaling Governor >>Interactive or powersave
best rock box is napka's build get it here: http://napych.com/files/rockbox/rockbox-dx90-20150609-full.zip
best theme for me was naranjada. and get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivarmjnj16xlpng/naranjada_3.1.rar?dl=0
more info about rockbox on dx90: http://www.head-fi.org/t/727669/rockbox-for-ibasso-dx90-dual-boot-with-mango-stock-firmware

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #12,538 of 14,084
IMO, the one thing Rockbox offers that Mango does not is a parametric EQ. Otherwise, Mango has always suited my needs perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back