DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 26, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #12,406 of 14,084
jamato8, thanks for the suggestion. I did a factory reset after reading your reply, it didn't resolve the issue though. Thanks anyway!

I fiddled around a bit more, and realized that the issue occurs only when the volume on the DX90 is set in the high range, say around 245 or so. As I run the interconnect from the DX90 Line Out to the ALO amp, I usually set the volume on the DX90 to the max of 255 as recommended in the instruction manual.

So, if I set the volume on the DX90 to a lower range, say 230 or below, the L/R Balance control functions normally, but if I set it to say 255, I get the issue of sound appearing on the opposite side when I use the L/R Balance.

I tried it with the DX90 headphone out as well, and get the same results.

May 26, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #12,407 of 14,084
  jamato8, thanks for the suggestion. I did a factory reset after reading your reply, it didn't resolve the issue though. Thanks anyway!

I fiddled around a bit more, and realized that the issue occurs only when the volume on the DX90 is set in the high range, say around 245 or so. As I run the interconnect from the DX90 Line Out to the ALO amp, I usually set the volume on the DX90 to the max of 255 as recommended in the instruction manual.

So, if I set the volume on the DX90 to a lower range, say 230 or below, the L/R Balance control functions normally, but if I set it to say 255, I get the issue of sound appearing on the opposite side when I use the L/R Balance.

I tried it with the DX90 headphone out as well, and get the same results.

This is well known bug AFAIK. Jamato stated this issue on the first page

Balance control: When using an external amp and you want to use the balance control, you can't go above 250 on the volume indicator. Stay at 250 or lower and it works fine. 

May 26, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #12,408 of 14,084
Experiencing the Fade In/Fade Out problem for the first time since having a DX90 almost from it's intial release. 

This is really annoying.  I tried Lurker0's suggested procedure of copying everything on the microSD card to the computer and back to the card again, but this resulted in practically no improvement. 

I'm wondering if larger capacity cards (in this case, 128gb Class 10 Sandisk) are more susceptible to this problem? 

There has to be a fix for this.  Why are the iBasso players the only ones wifth this issue? 

May 26, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #12,410 of 14,084
Has anyone tried the DX90 with Alclair RSM Quad CIEM?

Yes - everyday - great combo - very dynamic - and no hiss or noise whatsoever.  
In fact, last week Marc from Alclair used my DX90 for his demos at our audio society of mn meeting.
When are you getting your Alclairs?  
I have had mine since last October - they are fantastic.

May 26, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #12,411 of 14,084
  Experiencing the Fade In/Fade Out problem for the first time since having a DX90 almost from it's intial release. 

This is really annoying.  I tried Lurker0's suggested procedure of copying everything on the microSD card to the computer and back to the card again, but this resulted in practically no improvement. 

I'm wondering if larger capacity cards (in this case, 128gb Class 10 Sandisk) are more susceptible to this problem? 

There has to be a fix for this.  Why are the iBasso players the only ones wifth this issue? 

I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried a factory reset?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 26, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #12,412 of 14,084
Yes - everyday - great combo - very dynamic - and no hiss or noise whatsoever.  
In fact, last week Marc from Alclair used my DX90 for his demos at our audio society of mn meeting.
When are you getting your Alclairs?  
I have had mine since last October - they are fantastic.

Mine will be done in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait to try it with all my DAPs, Im actually considering another DX50 as I miss that sound from time to time.

May 27, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #12,413 of 14,084

Before I sold my DX90 I tried something that might solve your issue.

Connect your DX90 to your PC using the USB cable. Once it shows up there should be a folder with cover art? or something inside, with like hundreds or thousands of files you can't read. Anyway delete the contents of that folder or the entire folder so that the DX90 doesn't have any visible files. I realize it sounds unrelated to the the problem but I had the feeling doing this also helped with the fade-in/out situation. The DX90 seems to regenerate that file with each new scan.

May 27, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #12,414 of 14,084

DX50 owner here.  This has been annoying me as well.  My latest thing to try when this happens is a factory reset and rescan of the library.

I have also started doing rescan library when I change cards, instead of re-scan card.

Do you change your cards out quite a bit?  I have 3 cards that I rotate between quite often.  It's only been about 3 days since i implemented this new process.  (So in summary.  If it drops out, I do factory reset and rescan library.  If it isn't dropping out, I simply do rescan library when I change cards.)

As M13 says, I haven't deleted that file in a while.  I will do that cleanup soon as well.

May 27, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #12,415 of 14,084
Also had the fade problem since day 1 - very annoying - seems to be more when the unit is warming up - less or nil when its been on for a while? 

May 27, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #12,416 of 14,084
I experienced the following issue with my DX90 today.  Tried to power on the DX90 (long press pwr button) while it was plugged into a phone usb charger/wall wart.  Boot screen comes up, but DX90 freezes there, indefinitely.  Power button is non-functional at this point.  I had to remove the battery to restore the thing.

May 27, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #12,417 of 14,084
Unrelated to thread topic: Today is my birthday! Yuck. I'm thirty-four now.  :frowning2:

(So who's first in line to buy me a pair of Abyss AB-1266s?)

May 27, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #12,420 of 14,084
  Also had the fade problem since day 1 - very annoying - seems to be more when the unit is warming up - less or nil when its been on for a while? 

DX50 owner here.  This has been annoying me as well.  My latest thing to try when this happens is a factory reset and rescan of the library.

I have also started doing rescan library when I change cards, instead of re-scan card.

Do you change your cards out quite a bit?  I have 3 cards that I rotate between quite often.  It's only been about 3 days since i implemented this new process.  (So in summary.  If it drops out, I do factory reset and rescan library.  If it isn't dropping out, I simply do rescan library when I change cards.)

As M13 says, I haven't deleted that file in a while.  I will do that cleanup soon as well.

Have you tried the batch tool on the first page? I have read of a couple of people that had the problem and using the batch tool cleared it up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back