DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 23, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #12,091 of 14,084
  We tested the dac function on all of our Windows machines here. All the different operating systems from 7 forward were tried and worked. It may be that different computers have small differences and this may account for the reason for the DX not working correctly on many machines. If it had not worked here we would never have released it. We are still working on a fix for this SW and are using more Windows based machines and Mac. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Didn't you notice the audio delay issue in your machines? haven't you get a single blue screen?

anyway is good to hear you are still working on better drivers.

thanks

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #12,092 of 14,084

Didn't you notice the audio delay issue in your machines? haven't you get a single blue screen?

anyway is good to hear you are still working on better drivers.

thanks

We did have a few blue screens but with more SW changes it stopped.

We never said there would not be an audio delay. This is for music from a source and in not designed for movies. You can try SW for the time lag but as some have found this is hit and miss.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 23, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #12,093 of 14,084
We tested the dac function on all of our Windows machines here. All the different operating systems from 7 forward were tried and worked. It may be that different computers have small differences and this may account for the reason for the DX not working correctly on many machines. If it had not worked here we would never have released it. We are still working on a fix for this SW and are using more Windows based machines and Mac. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Hi Paul

Any plans to release drivers for Mac?

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #12,094 of 14,084
I use it as a DAC on occasion. Once I tested and 'perfected' the method of which to first turn on, plug in, etc, I've had no issue with Win7.
It works quite well, actually... except for the delay, but for just playing music, that's not a big deal.

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #12,095 of 14,084

We did have a few blue screens but with more SW changes it stopped.

We never said there would not be an audio delay. This is for music from a source and in not designed for movies. You can try SW for the time lag but as some have found this is hit and miss.

thanks for your fast response I didn't mean to be rude on my comment, sorry, non english speaker here :D ... I was wondering if the lag could be fixed with a driver update or if it is more hardware related issue.

thanks

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #12,096 of 14,084
Hello All,
I just did the batch tool for dx90.  I have the latest firmware 2.2.0 with lurker l0.  Does anyone here know how to place rockbox in it also?  I am having the most difficult time in having the dual boot in the dx90.  Now the only thing I have on my dx90 is the latest firmware.  

It would be nice to have the dual boot, but somehow I don't get how to put it on.  When I do the dual boot, and I hit rockbox instead of mango, it gives an error that I do not have ".rockbox" in the dx90 player.  However, when I plug in my dx90, there is ".rockbox" folder in it.  

I do not understand why that is and why it is giving me that error when I do have ".rockbox" in my dx90.

I also went to the thread of the dual boot, but no one seem to help me out except nmethias.  I understand what he said and how to find ".roxbox" folder.  But it still gives me an error that ".rockbox" is not in my dx90.

Any help will do.  Thank you.

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #12,099 of 14,084
Hi Paul

Any plans to release drivers for Mac?

We are working on it now. Hopefully we will have it done soon.

thanks for your fast response I didn't mean to be rude on my comment, sorry, non english speaker here :D ... I was wondering if the lag could be fixed with a driver update or if it is more hardware related issue.

thanks

Your comment was not taken as rude. The lag is hardware related. A program needs to be used to adjust for this but for movies it may never be totally correct.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 25, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #12,103 of 14,084
Hey all... Just wanted to start sharing some of the DX90 measurements I made today with the prosumer digital recorder. First of all, Slow Rolloff vs. Sharp Rolloff, 16/44 signal:

The cost of the slow rolloff filter can be clearly seen. Less ringing in time domain (not shown in this graph), but also slightly less treble. I'll share other measurements tomorrow, but I can announce, the results are highly respectful! Bravo iBasso!

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #12,104 of 14,084
I used to have the problem of a lag with the M2TECH HIFACE usb spdif converter, rendering it unusable for use with streaming movies (Netflix, etc.) and then earlier just this year I tried it again (ironically with a mac now after first using with a pc) and the issue has been fully resolved.  From this experience, it offers promise that it may be possible to get the lag issue resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back