DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 17, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #11,971 of 14,084
  I have tried mostly middle and high, but settled down on middle setting. I'm not complaining player can't drive 250 ohm phones, it actually does it easily.

@brainosas you should keep it on High Gain with the Beyers. You will find that it does not necessarily get louder but has a more Dynamic soundstage.

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #11,972 of 14,084
  Hi guys,

I'm very new to this world, as basically it was always phone (now Iphone 6 Plus) that I used to listen to the music. Today I got Ibasso DX90 - haven't listened to this DAP before, as our local store doesn't have it in place. But I used to listen X3/X5 several times - they really impressed me, especially X5 and its clarity and soundstage... Now that I've got DX90, I'm .... .... ..... shocked... how bad it sounds... And I've been waiting for it so impatiently. Now I'm try one song after another - it sounds not better than my Iphone 6 plus, sometimes maybe even worse. And that with 2.2.0 firmware installed. I remember the first impression of X3 - very, very good sound compared to the iphone. Then X5 which was even better... Now this. I know I have to burn in DX90, but can I hope it eventually start sounding better? For now, I'm just shocked...

Just in case, and although it seems a bit silly but as apparently happened to many people here, are you sure that your headphones are connected to the correct audio output ? Because, frankly, the sound of this unit is not comparable to that of an iphone  (...unless bad faith, using very lossy files or have completely damn ears !!) But it is true that the impedance of your headphones is a bit too high to be used in good condition with this kind of device without the use of an external amp. And even in that event, the DX90 is certainly the more capable one.

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #11,973 of 14,084
Hi guys,

I'm very new to this world, as basically it was always phone (now Iphone 6 Plus) that I used to listen to the music. Today I got Ibasso DX90 - haven't listened to this DAP before, as our local store doesn't have it in place. But I used to listen X3/X5 several times - they really impressed me, especially X5 and its clarity and soundstage... Now that I've got DX90, I'm .... .... ..... shocked... how bad it sounds... And I've been waiting for it so impatiently. Now I'm try one song after another - it sounds not better than my Iphone 6 plus, sometimes maybe even worse. And that with 2.2.0 firmware installed. I remember the first impression of X3 - very, very good sound compared to the iphone. Then X5 which was even better... Now this. I know I have to burn in DX90, but can I hope it eventually start sounding better? For now, I'm just shocked...

Maybe you just prefer the FiiO house sound, there is nothing wrong with that. I have both and love both! One thing is that certain DAPs have great synergy with certain headphones and IEMs, maybe what you are using just does not pair well with your DX90.

Apr 17, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #11,974 of 14,084
Hi guys,

I got my DX90 just yesterday and I am having a very different experience. I am quite pleased with how good it sounds right out of the box! It blows away my iPod touch and any phone I've heard. So far I've tried my T1, PS500 and TH900 and they are all great with the DX90! The TH900 is really amazing with it. It came with the 2.1.5 fw and I have not upgraded it yet. Using low gain for TH900 and high gain w/T1 with no problems at all. Letting it burn in now - very pleased with the DX90.

Apr 18, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #11,982 of 14,084
Sorry about being a bit off topic but I've been thinking about buying a DX90 on amazon it's currently $360. Is this the cheapest it's been. Is it a good time to pull the trigger?

Thanks!

Apr 18, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #11,985 of 14,084
Btw, I cannot hear differences between sharp and slow. Someone said to reboot player,but it seems weird to me...

I hear a bigger difference in sound between sharp and slow than I hear between firmwares.

Sharp has more dynamics and you can feel the sound as well has hear (guitar slaps, pick attack, string plucking etc.). To me, it's more detailed and I usually prefer it.

Slow sounds smoother with less edge in the timbre of the instrument/sound. It can sound a bit dull compared to sharp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back