DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 19, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #11,463 of 14,084

I am going to ask one of our designers about this. Did you try a factory reset?

I had newer listened about spoked problem and with the 2.1.8 FW too. Just try to reset your player. And.. may be a "hard reset" is useful - remove the battery, wait about some hours, then put it into again.

I did reset for multiple times with everything removed including micro sd card and tried with the battery removed but it doesn't help. Everything is working fine other than the display, sigh. It was still ok yesterday until I turned it on just now and realize something wrong on the display... I am running on the official V2.1.8 firmware by the way.

Can it be the screen faulty? How does the warranty works? Will it be taking long? Thanks..

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #11,464 of 14,084
  Anyone encountered the screen turns purple-ish with DX90 before? It was ok and then suddenly the screen is having issue, any idea whats wrong with it? I am going to bring back to the store the next few days, its just 2 months old...

i had my screen turned washed out white 2 times , it came and then it went

if it persists , you may wanna ask for a replacement , i am not alarmed for now as it only happened twice and didn't seem to leave any permament bugs

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #11,465 of 14,084
  Yes we are working on everything.

Did you consider to call for beta testing, either closed (small selected team) or opened (publish for everyone interested in)?

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #11,466 of 14,084

I did reset for multiple times with everything removed including micro sd card and tried with the battery removed but it doesn't help. Everything is working fine other than the display, sigh. It was still ok yesterday until I turned it on just now and realize something wrong on the display... I am running on the official V2.1.8 firmware by the way.

Can it be the screen faulty? How does the warranty works? Will it be taking long? Thanks..

If the problem continues you need to contact the company you purchased DX90 from. We have a very low failure rate of screens. It could be a screen or a chip. I have asked my lead designer about this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 19, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #11,467 of 14,084
  Did you consider to call for beta testing, either closed (small selected team) or opened (publish for everyone interested in)?

No but we may in the future. We really thought this was a good FW or would never have put it out.

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #11,468 of 14,084

i had my screen turned washed out white 2 times , it came and then it went

if it persists , you may wanna ask for a replacement , i am not alarmed for now as it only happened twice and didn't seem to leave any permament bugs

Can you try using the Batch tool to load the FW? There are instructions on the first page of this thread.

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #11,470 of 14,084

If the problem continues you need to contact the company you purchased DX90 from. We have a very low failure rate of screens. It could be a screen or a chip. I have asked my lead designer about this.

Just tried with batchtool, it doesn't improve at all.. May I know what is the policy for faulty unit? Will it be a repair or replacement? My DX90 is from SKM Technologies Singapore distributor. 

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #11,471 of 14,084
Just tried with batchtool, it doesn't improve at all.. May I know what is the policy for faulty unit? Will it be a repair or replacement? My DX90 is from SKM Technologies Singapore distributor. 

It will be up to SKM as the seller. I would contact them as soon as possible. Tell them you have been in contact with iBasso. It appears to be the screen is bad.

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #11,472 of 14,084

Great idea! Will help catch more bugs prior to final release, generate more goodwill amongst end users, and hopefully speed up development of new features.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #11,473 of 14,084
Great idea! Will help catch more bugs prior to final release, generate more goodwill amongst end users, and hopefully speed up development of new features.

Yeah... but just wherever will they find a willing group of participants?? 
rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #11,474 of 14,084
Yeah... but just wherever will they find a willing group of participants??  :rolleyes:   :wink:

Hmm, I wonder...

On a serious note, Fiio's done this for awhile and has run into problems where beta testers report bugs in the respective main DAP threads, non-beta testers get confused, interested non-owners get scared off by bugs not understanding they're related to betas and not stable fw. So be careful, iBasso!

It honestly feels like we're beta testing 2.1.8 with the "low-hanging fruit" bugs we've identified :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back