DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 18, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #11,446 of 14,084
What prog you format? Can it format 64gb ? Thanks

I use my disk utility on my Mac computer. It can format most any size. For Windows there are programs to format and for that I would just do a web search. I can look tomorrow but most likely someone that uses Windows a lot will chime in. 

I have read that sometimes it is better to use an aftermarket formatting tool rather than Windows but here is a link: 

http://dashboardhelp.datarobotics.com/170/en/win/formatting_drives_using_windows_disk_management_utility_help.htm

With my Mac it is really easy and I do have Windows on my mac but rarely use it. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #11,447 of 14,084
I use my disk utility on my Mac computer. It can format most any size. For Windows there are programs to format and for that I would just do a web search. I can look tomorrow but most likely someone that uses Windows a lot will chime in. 

I have read that sometimes it is better to use an aftermarket formatting tool rather than Windows but here is a link: 

http://dashboardhelp.datarobotics.com/170/en/win/formatting_drives_using_windows_disk_management_utility_help.htm

With my Mac it is really easy and I do have Windows on my mac but rarely use it. 

OK I'd just use my wife's Macbook Air to do it. Cheers

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #11,448 of 14,084
FW2.1.8L0 doesn't shuffle well.

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #11,449 of 14,084
  Has anybody managed to make the DX90 work as a DAC on Windows 8.1 ? With windows 7 I can see the DX90 as a playback selection but not in Windows 8.1 . It does see in the device manager a Mango Device was Mango USB interface...

Nope.. I gave up on that after days of trying. Win 8.1 and USB 3.0 is a very unfortunate combination.

Using my Windows 7 PC with USB 2.0 it was plug and play.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #11,450 of 14,084
  Nope.. I gave up on that after days of trying. Win 8.1 and USB 3.0 is a very unfortunate combination.

Using my Windows 7 PC with USB 2.0 it was plug and play.

A modified SW team is working on this. It is extremely important that you get the most out of the DX90 and your listening.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 18, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #11,451 of 14,084
Reportedly Windows 10 is not far off. Paul it would be great for iBssso to be proactive with the ms developers kit and strive to be proactive for the next release.Thank you Paul for your very helpful presence in this forum!

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #11,453 of 14,084
I've noticed that after startup, my DX90 stops play after the first song. I have to push play again to get it to move on to the second song in the folder.

I'm using directory browsing. No shuffle. 2.1.8L0.

This has persisted after a factory reset.

Anyone else have this issue?

I've got the same problem. For me though, it'll skip back to the first song and stop after a few songs. Seems to be just random and up to chance.

For that reason I've switched back to 2.1.5 L2 u til hopefully next firmware fixes it

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #11,454 of 14,084
I'm having problems with 2.1.8, too. Reverting back to 2.1.5. Some of issues experienced includes:

1. Shuffling not working too well. It plays a few songs from the same album before shuffling.
2. Rescan/Reindexing blank screen. (Reverting to 2.1.5 seems to have the same problem now)
3. Repeating first song on ape files.

Note: I had reformatted my 64GB uSD card with the recommended SDFormatter software to exFAT.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #11,455 of 14,084
Anyone encountered the screen turns purple-ish with DX90 before? It was ok and then suddenly the screen is having issue, any idea whats wrong with it? I am going to bring back to the store the next few days, its just 2 months old...

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #11,456 of 14,084
I've noticed that after startup, my DX90 stops play after the first song. I have to push play again to get it to move on to the second song in the folder.

I'm using directory browsing. No shuffle. 2.1.8L0.

This has persisted after a factory reset.

Anyone else have this issue?

I've got the same problem. For me though, it'll skip back to the first song and stop after a few songs. Seems to be just random and up to chance.

For that reason I've switched back to 2.1.5 L2 u til hopefully next firmware fixes it

I'm having problems with 2.1.8, too. Reverting back to 2.1.5. Some of issues experienced includes:

1. Shuffling not working too well. It plays a few songs from the same album before shuffling.
2. Rescan/Reindexing blank screen. (Reverting to 2.1.5 seems to have the same problem now)
3. Repeating first song on ape files.

Note: I had reformatted my 64GB uSD card with the recommended SDFormatter software to exFAT.

We have a new FW coming out to address this problem.
  Anyone encountered the screen turns purple-ish with DX90 before? It was ok and then suddenly the screen is having issue, any idea whats wrong with it? I am going to bring back to the store the next few days, its just 2 months old...

I am going to ask one of our designers about this. Did you try a factory reset?

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #11,458 of 14,084

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #11,459 of 14,084
Yes we are working on everything.

that's awesome to hear! Thanks for keeping us up to date as well 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #11,460 of 14,084

I had newer listened about spoked problem and with the 2.1.8 FW too. Just try to reset your player. And.. may be a "hard reset" is useful - remove the battery, wait about some hours, then put it into again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back