DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Dec 30, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #10,171 of 14,084

They sound best with over the ear fit, better sound stage, separation and even mids come out more which is great, honestly, wearing these over ear puts their sound on the level of RE400 and other $100 or so iems (and like the RE400 it also puts most of them to shame, lol) but then again these are $20, so even the RE400 should feel ashamed lol!

Only problem is they have a flat cable, its one of the better flat cables i've used though, its flexible and soft, still this means you need to straighten out the cable and drape it over your ear the right way to wear it over ear.

Best part about these is that they are built like a tank, I feel like I could sit on them, pocket them, scrunch them up, throw them, and they would be fine, which is not how I feel about the RE600 lol.

Actually another great part is they are flat on one side so work relatively well if you use them while lying on a pillow. They are the best $20 I've spent on audio, I much prefer their sound to the much raved MH1 lol.

Looks like they are out of stock on Amazon. 

Sounds like it will be a nice combo with the Dx90. 

---------------------------

I have gone to almost the end of the song a few time, seeing how the transition goes to the next. Seems pretty good, gapless, so I am not sure why some have difficulty with it. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #10,172 of 14,084

Looks like they are out of stock on Amazon. 

Sounds like it will be a nice combo with the Dx90. 

Nah they are there in black and white:
http://www.amazon.com/Hss-f530-Earphones-Quadbeat2-Microphone-Smartphone/dp/B00HVPWSK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1419956932&sr=1-1&keywords=lg+quadbeat+2
http://www.amazon.com/Hss-f530-Earphones-Quadbeat2-Microphone-Smartphone/dp/B00HVPVA9M/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1419956932&sr=1-2&keywords=lg+quadbeat+2

You can save $5 and get them from ebay, they all come in a retail box anyway:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-LG-White-Quadbeat-2-In-Ear-Handsfree-Premium-earphone-HSS-F530-HK-Post-/171527627221?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item27efd7e1d5

I forgot to say, see the silver part of the iems in the photo, that's an aluminum housing, not bad for a $20 iem lol. And they are made in korea by LG, actually LG comissioned a company called iSound to make them rather than make them themselves, they seem to be serious about sound and these are the second improved version.

But honestly, if you have the RE600 there is no point getting these unless you feel like more treble, less mids, punchier bass. I use them as my "abuse" iems, sleeping on them, pocketing them etc, They are worth $20 for abuse plus good quality sound, but not really for plain quality sound as you can just use one of your existing good iems. Its like when I bought the MH1 just because they are cheap, even though I had better iems. I ended up never using the MH1's as they don't sound that great and are unwieldly. These quadbeats are better than the MH1 in sound and comfort and are built like a tank, so they became my abuse iems.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #10,173 of 14,084
This might have been answered already but in the spirit of trying to avoid having to go through nearly 700 pages of posts here is my question:

I have a pair of CE6P CIEMS which I really get on with. My main source is my iPhone 6 mainly because a fair amount of the music I listen to is through Spotify.

Now the question here is has anyone got an iPhone 6 and a DX90 paired with a fairly sensitive CIEM/IEM to give some impressions when paired with either? I am prepared to try the DX90 and start buying / ripping more of my music and keep using Spotify as my discovery source but only if there are substantial SQ improvements. 

Unfortunately I do not know of any stores around me or even in London that have any players for me to audition so I have to go by impressions on here. 

So any thoughts are welcome!

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #10,174 of 14,084
Why do i get different sound signature with different gains, But i dint get a different signature with different volumes (with the same gain settings)? Is it because when i am changing the volume the device is still getting the same voltage (Even though the volume is changing)?  And if the voltage is the some-What changes the volume?

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #10,175 of 14,084
  Why do i get different sound signature with different gains, But i dint get a different signature with different volumes (with the same gain settings)? Is it because when i am changing the volume the device is still getting the same voltage (Even though the volume is changing)?  And if the voltage is the some-What changes the volume?

according to another DX90 user.....

Low Gain = The most neutral in frequency response and presentation, everything's even and reflects the headphone with little added body. Tight and accurate sounding.

Mid Gain = V shaped. Treble and Bass get a boost so it becomes fatiguing faster. Mids are pushed back in case you like that projected vocal experience. Fun sounding.

High Gain = The most forward but the warmest as emphasis is on the body of the mids and bass. Least fatiguing and good with brighter, more analytical and detailed headphones that need more body. Smoothest and relaxed sounding.

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #10,177 of 14,084
Just a FYI, Amazon has mSD cards for real cheap today only, it is the Deal of the Day. 128gb for 89$ Or a 64gb for 24$ class 10!

Curses!! Why did I open this thread to read it!! Howdy, to your room! lol

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #10,178 of 14,084

Nah they are there in black and white:
http://www.amazon.com/Hss-f530-Earphones-Quadbeat2-Microphone-Smartphone/dp/B00HVPWSK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1419956932&sr=1-1&keywords=lg+quadbeat+2
http://www.amazon.com/Hss-f530-Earphones-Quadbeat2-Microphone-Smartphone/dp/B00HVPVA9M/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1419956932&sr=1-2&keywords=lg+quadbeat+2

You can save $5 and get them from ebay, they all come in a retail box anyway:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-LG-White-Quadbeat-2-In-Ear-Handsfree-Premium-earphone-HSS-F530-HK-Post-/171527627221?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item27efd7e1d5

I forgot to say, see the silver part of the iems in the photo, that's an aluminum housing, not bad for a $20 iem lol. And they are made in korea by LG, actually LG comissioned a company called iSound to make them rather than make them themselves, they seem to be serious about sound and these are the second improved version.

But honestly, if you have the RE600 there is no point getting these unless you feel like more treble, less mids, punchier bass. I use them as my "abuse" iems, sleeping on them, pocketing them etc, They are worth $20 for abuse plus good quality sound, but not really for plain quality sound as you can just use one of your existing good iems. Its like when I bought the MH1 just because they are cheap, even though I had better iems. I ended up never using the MH1's as they don't sound that great and are unwieldly. These quadbeats are better than the MH1 in sound and comfort and are built like a tank, so they became my abuse iems.

Ordered. I have to stop reading this thread!

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #10,179 of 14,084
I have a question about the DX90 capability, hoping that some knowledgable head-fier can help me out.

Back in the days of Discman, the D555 had a feature called 8 times oversampling (I'm not an audiophile at all, and not sure what it really means in terms of audio quality, but it sounds like a feature that smooths out the steps between sampling points).  Does the DX90 has something like this?  Or is it implemented within the DAC chip?  What's the modern day term for it?

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #10,181 of 14,084
  I have a question about the DX90 capability, hoping that some knowledgable head-fier can help me out.

Back in the days of Discman, the D555 had a feature called 8 times oversampling (I'm not an audiophile at all, and not sure what it really means in terms of audio quality, but it sounds like a feature that smooths out the steps between sampling points).  Does the DX90 has something like this?  Or is it implemented within the DAC chip?  What's the modern day term for it?

Steps? What steps. That thing is a myth. But to answer your question. No DX90 don't do upsampling. It plays the sampling rate of the file currently playing. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #10,183 of 14,084

Steps? What steps. That thing is a myth. But to answer your question. No DX90 don't do upsampling. It plays the sampling rate of the file currently playing. 

Oversampling and "Upsampling" are not the same thing. I believe the ES9018 chip is capable of oversampling a 192k file up to 8x, which probably means it can be set to oversample a 44.1k file at an even larger multiple. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #10,185 of 14,084
This DAC Driver is driving me crazy. I have a dragonfly 1.2, but I greatly prefer the sound of the dx90. I am looking to maybe upgrade to another usb dac/amp combo. Has anyone tried the Geek Out and knows how it sounds in comparison to the dx90 2.1.5L2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back