DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Dec 15, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #9,796 of 14,084
Sure I can understand. They are just ear buds with a long tube at the end for the IEM look.

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #9,797 of 14,084

The clicking is normal. It is the relay so you don't get a popping through your headphones when the amp powers up. 

I like Sanddisk the most. No hassles and I have around 16 or 17 of them from 32gb to a couple of the 128gb cards. Even washed one and dried it. lol 

a, yes, and that's not exactly normal.  Mine was making this clicking sound when my SD slot failed.
b, get SanDisk, less headaches on partitioning or formatting issues.

a.  Both of the DX90s I've owned have done that exact same thing.  I've seen others ask about it here on the forum, and consensus seems to be that it's the sound made by the internal amp firing up.  DrSheep is more knowledgeable than I am but he's the first person I've seen suggest it's abnormal.

b.  I have no idea, sorry.

Thank you all, I guess I'll have to use the sd card and if it works all is probably good. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #9,798 of 14,084
Sure I can understand. They are just ear buds with a long tube at the end for the IEM look.

Not quite.

IEM are earphones that are meant to be inserted into your ear canal (depth varies for different IEMs) and create a seal that passively isolates sound.

There are plenty of IEMs that use dynamic drivers made by many different companies and some really expensive ones like Dita, Tralucent Audio etc.

Some IEMs use balanced armatures (most notably Etymotic,Shure) others use dynamic drivers and some are hybrid designs that utilize both technologies.

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #9,801 of 14,084
@DrSheep hi,

You have AK120 and DX90, can you compare sound quality please. I have DX90 and obviously i am not sure x2 price for AK120. What is your experience? Is that worth?
You have awesome setup by the way.

This highly dependent on what you listen to.  The DX90 is great for things like pop/EDM/etc, but not too well for Jazz and classical.  A used AK120 can be had for less than $700, and the AK100 pretty close to a new DX90.  Unless you count streaming, the 64+128+128 Gb storage is really hard to beat.  I think your next upgrade can be an used new AK100 for $425 on Amazon, which is even lower than used price...

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #9,802 of 14,084
Guys, I am getting a bit frustrated here. I put a 4gb card that was instantly recognised but as soon as I plugged my senn hd 25 ii there is a high frequency tone coming through the headphones, regardless if there is a song playing or not.

Anyone experienced that? Any ideas?

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #9,804 of 14,084
This highly dependent on what you listen to.  The DX90 is great for things like pop/EDM/etc, but not too well for Jazz and classical.  A used AK120 can be had for less than $700, and the AK100 pretty close to a new DX90.  Unless you count streaming, the 64+128+128 Gb storage is really hard to beat.  I think your next upgrade can be an used new AK100 for $425 on Amazon, which is even lower than used price...

Thanks for advice and answer.
I usually listen EDM but sometimes listen to jazz and easy listening. I am happy with my DX90 but sometimes they are so natural and transparent for me. (No fun or coloration) You think AK100 is good choice i guess. I like AK120 but not sure they worth...

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #9,805 of 14,084
No way is the AK100 near the DX90, IMO. the DX90 is more dynamic, more transparent and better bass. I use my DX90 for classical all the time and jazz, I have almost as large a library as classical which is around 1500 or 1600 albums. I would take the DX50 with the latest FW over the AK100 and I have both to compare. Soon I will have the AK100 II so to that I will compare, after the 100II is fully run in. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #9,806 of 14,084
Originally Posted by DrSheep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think you are having a short somewhere.

I am thinking the same thing. Just contacted ibasso that I received the dx90 dead on arrival. I hope that they will not cause me trouble with a replacement. I also hope they will not make me pay again the shipping costs...

What kind of company sells a malfunctioning "high end" product with a $450 price tag ?

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #9,807 of 14,084
Guys, I am getting a bit frustrated here. I put a 4gb card that was instantly recognised but as soon as I plugged my senn hd 25 ii there is a high frequency tone coming through the headphones, regardless if there is a song playing or not.

Did you use the correct jack?
Headphone is connected at the bottom.
Happens to nearly everyone... :wink:

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #9,809 of 14,084

Ulmisch, I love you ! Really. Thank you.

I feel so stupid, especially after writing to ibasso for a replacement. 

Sound is great. Listening to Aion by Dead can Dance / ALAC. Very very clean.

I am going to Paris for Christmas and will carry it with Electronic, Jazz and Ethnic music. I doesn't seem like I will be disappointed.

: )

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #9,810 of 14,084

Per post above, you will get a wine/buzz from the digital out on top but music from the phone output on the bottom left. The inner bottom output is the line out. 

ah. . great I see you have found the solution! Listening to some Benny Carter right now, My Man Phil, Benny Carter and Phil Woods. Great stuff! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back