DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Nov 14, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #9,181 of 14,084
Fair enough, headwhacker. I always appreciate your wisdom on the forum, and I agree that between stock Mango FW, Lurker's mods and Rockbox we are lucky to have options to use with the DX90. Great DAP, great FW choices to pick from.
Best.

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #9,182 of 14,084

[size=12.72px]I've been curious about the LP5, its one really weird dap, really want to know how it sounds lol, I have a feeling it will sound good for some reason. Ask if your friend will[/size] write a review of the LP5 and post here please! Also ask him to include direct comparison to your new / his old DX90 + 2.1.5 L2! And if you can compare them both yourself also, as two pairs of ears are better than one, we can get a good idea of what the LP5 is about with two peoples impressions. There is literally only a single review of the LP5 and its in Chinese and impossible to tell how it actually sounds as there is very little description with no comparisons. So I'm excited that your friend got an LP5!

FYI, LP5 has been returned by my friend who tried it several times in China. He said it is not better than the DX90 with modded fw, but the UI is really confusing on the LP5. For that money, he said he would get the HM901 or add more to get AK240. I do not have the details, but it seems like he is disappointed about LP5. He is now after some king blurr brown players, like the Plenue P1 and Lotto Paw Gold.

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #9,183 of 14,084

FYI, LP5 has been returned by my friend who tried it several times in China. He said it is not better than the DX90 with modded fw, but the UI is really confusing on the LP5. For that money, he said he would get the HM901 or add more to get AK240. I do not have the details, but it seems like he is disappointed about LP5. He is now after some king blurr brown players, like the Plenue P1 and Lotto Paw Gold.

Good to know! I feel that DX90+2.1.5L2 is really in the very top tier of sound quality competing with the big brick daps, just with less power in the amp section, but still more power than the AK daps, and according to Mike at headphonia, DX90 amp section even has a much lower noise floor than the AK240!

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #9,184 of 14,084
according to Mike at headphonia, DX90 amp section even has a much lower noise floor than the AK240!

I doubt he said that anywhere as Mike hasn't been reviewing for the last year, but prove me wrong
wink.gif

I have a lot of DAPs and the AKs have lower noise than the DXs

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #9,186 of 14,084
Nathan, Shigzeo is known to be the Hiss King around here. He's very sensitive to that.  I think he even has some numbers on his Ohm website that prove it, yet I can't hear it :/

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #9,189 of 14,084
I had a Ibasso D7 and just got the DX90.  It is just amazing how quiet it is and how much more info the DX90 provides.  I have Windows 7 x64 and I setup the USB DAC driver in my computer.   I am also using the Lurker 2.1.5L2, which I find pretty good.   Maybe somebody can help me on this question.   When I start the Windows and the DX90 is set on DAC, the computer can detect the device if it is on (and I can actually see the mango as the speaker in output device) but no sound comes for instance in Foobar until I unplug and plug back the micro USB cable.  In the D7, the device is automatically detected after the boot.  Any way to bypass this unplug and plug of the cable?

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #9,190 of 14,084
  I had a Ibasso D7 and just got the DX90.  It is just amazing how quiet it is and how much more info the DX90 provides.  I have Windows 7 x64 and I setup the USB DAC driver in my computer.   I am also using the Lurker 2.1.5L2, which I find pretty good.   Maybe somebody can help me on this question.   When I start the Windows and the DX90 is set on DAC, the computer can detect the device if it is on (and I can actually see the mango as the speaker in output device) but no sound comes for instance in Foobar until I unplug and plug back the micro USB cable.  In the D7, the device is automatically detected after the boot.  Any way to bypass this unplug and plug of the cable?

It's the same for me.

Nov 16, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #9,191 of 14,084
HELP, HELP, HELP

Only 3 days ago I received my DX90, have tested music files on the internal drive as I have no SD cards yet. After deleting files, the drive did´t release space, so I formatted the internal drive on my Mac. Now the drive does´t show up anymore and when I connect the USB cable, there is no connection icon on the DX90 display. Tried everything that I found in this forum. Am also trying this, but can´t find the downloads:

Please format the DX90 in FAT32 format.
The following is the batchtool, you can use it to fully format the DX90 and reload the firmware.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90-tools.zip

I didnt add the instruction into it.  So, please refer to the instruction in the DX50's batch tool.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/RKbatchtool_for_DX50.zip

The following is the DX90's firmware.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90V2.0.0Apr7th.zip

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

Nov 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #9,192 of 14,084
  HELP, HELP, HELP

Only 3 days ago I received my DX90, have tested music files on the internal drive as I have no SD cards yet. After deleting files, the drive did´t release space, so I formatted the internal drive on my Mac. Now the drive does´t show up anymore and when I connect the USB cable, there is no connection icon on the DX90 display. Tried everything that I found in this forum. Am also trying this, but can´t find the downloads:

Please format the DX90 in FAT32 format.
The following is the batchtool, you can use it to fully format the DX90 and reload the firmware.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90-tools.zip

I didnt add the instruction into it.  So, please refer to the instruction in the DX50's batch tool.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/RKbatchtool_for_DX50.zip

The following is the DX90's firmware.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90V2.0.0Apr7th.zip

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

Never format DX90's internal storage. Especially on Mac. You were not getting back the space after deleting it on Mac is because you do not empty the trash bin before you disconnect DX90. 

iBasso made an overall change on there site. The download link changed a bit. But you need to run the batch tool on a Windows PC. 

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX90-tools.zip

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #9,193 of 14,084

You are a treasure headwhacker, many thanks. Now I have to find a windows computer to reflash, I hope that works.
Many thanks.

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #9,194 of 14,084

You are a treasure headwhacker, many thanks. Now I have to find a windows computer to refresh, I hope that works.
Many thanks.

I have Parallels on my Mac and run the batch tool on the Windows side. Works well. But of course you have to buy Windows 7, 8.1 or whatever is the newest. I run 7 but I understand that Microsoft has stopped selling it. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #9,195 of 14,084
Originally Posted by ebe2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are a treasure headwhacker, many thanks. Now I have to find a windows computer to refresh, I hope that works.
Many thanks.

Quote:

I have Parallels on my Mac and run the batch tool on the Windows side. Works well. But of course you have to buy Windows 7, 8.1 or whatever is the newest. I run 7 but I understand that Microsoft has stopped selling it. 

I stll use my old Windows XP image over vmware. Still works every time I needed to run something on Windows. (Which isn't a lot or nil nowadays). If you have an old Windows CD lying around, it should be good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back