DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Nov 7, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #8,926 of 14,084
  During the process, the DX90 tells me that the update failed

If you mean you read "handle script error! ignore..." then yes, it always happens, just ignore it, as it states.

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #8,927 of 14,084
I was able to reboot but again, I was given thes DX90 starting menu...remaining frozen and unable to proceed.

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #8,928 of 14,084
Here's a link to RKbatchtool along with recent drivers but no specific instructions. Careful with the driver if you use an AMD processor. I believe it always uses the x86 version regardless of OS but I'm no longer certain.  http://www.freak-tab.de/freaktab/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7.rar 
 Make sure to not use a lurker FW in RKBatch as it's incompatible. You can use a stock FW and then update to a lurker version in the normal update method afterwards. I'd toss FW files from the root before disconnecting after the install. Boot and reset. If you can see it as a drive and just pitch everything from the root before starting again, it's probably not a bad idea.

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #8,929 of 14,084
There is chance of ugrading from SD card

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #8,930 of 14,084
No way to work with Windos 8.1 x64 Lenovo Z500,   DX90 last official firm. 

I followed the previous post steps but I only get BSOD with I try to add IBASSO HIFI SOUND ... driver.

Follow steps:

-- Unistall the driver.
-- Connect de DX90
-- Install with driver/x64/setup.... > BSOD
-- Next time I start windows and I connect the DX90 it's found as Mango_usb but not how Audio driver.
-- Try to update manually and not work, Mango_usb found not Ibasso audio hifi....
-- Try manually add IBASSO audio HIFI with drivers in drivers/x64/usb and ...BSOD  
blink.gif

Please someboy can Help me a little ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #8,931 of 14,084
Hello all,
What are the differences between Ibasso's official 2.1.5 update and Lurkers version? Is it that drastic? I updated to Ibasso's update, haven't had had a chance to listen to much but I did notice more space and air around the instruments.

Regards,
Jeff

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #8,932 of 14,084
No way to work with Windos 8.1 x64 Lenovo Z500,   DX90 last official firm. 

I followed the previous post steps but I only get BSOD with I try to add IBASSO HIFI SOUND ... driver.

Follow steps:

-- Unistall the driver.
-- Connect de DX90
-- Install with driver/x64/setup.... > BSOD
-- Next time I start windows and I connect the DX90 it's found as Mango_usb but not how Audio driver.
-- Try to update manually and not work, Mango_usb found not Ibasso audio hifi....
-- Try manually add IBASSO audio HIFI with drivers in drivers/x64/usb and ...BSOD  :blink:

Please someboy can Help me a little ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Allright. 1 st it works
I use win 8.1 64 bit. And the drivers work perfectly. With no bsods. Or errors.

1. Uninstall everything related to dx mango whatever
2. Restart
3. Install the setup. Not the one inside the 32,64 folder, the one in the parent folder.
4. Restart
5. Connect the device.
6 check playback devices if they show dx or mango
7. Keep the device plugged in. Go to device manager.you will see dx and unknown device update driver from the 64 bit driver folder.
Update.
8. Check again in the playback devices.

Maybe a restart.

Things should work. Properly.
I use it on the mac pro. USB 3 port but it should be compatible with all the ports.

If it does not work even then. I can help you over team viewer. !! Just message me.

Regards
Bharat

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #8,933 of 14,084
Hello all,
What are the differences between Ibasso's official 2.1.5 update and Lurkers version? Is it that drastic? I updated to Ibasso's update, haven't had had a chance to listen to much but I did notice more space and air around the instruments.

Regards,
Jeff

The thing is over text i am certainly not able to tell you how a pear and and apple taste and how are they different. You need to taste.

Similarly. Try installing both. Its just a 30 sec job.
Just transfer file to internal memory and update thats all. Go through your best music for 15 mins with the 2. Or maybe with all the fws. And that will do the trick.
Pick the one you like and compliments your setup.

Cheers
Bharat.

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #8,935 of 14,084
The thing is over text i am certainly not able to tell you how a pear and and apple taste and how are they different. You need to taste.

Similarly. Try installing both. Its just a 30 sec job.
Just transfer file to internal memory and update thats all. Go through your best music for 15 mins with the 2. Or maybe with all the fws. And that will do the trick.
Pick the one you like and compliments your setup.

Cheers
Bharat.

Thanks, as soon as possible I'l try it.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #8,936 of 14,084
Quick observation between 2.1 lurker and 2.15 L1

2.1 has usual/normal instrument placement and soundstage, bass sound neutral / no bass boost, transparent sound with good timbre, little laid back

2.15 3d instrument placement n sounstage.. Sound like crossfeed being used? , little bass boost, more transparent with great timbre, little forward sound...

Not so sure i like 2.15 more.. There is a plus and minus .. Imho

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #8,937 of 14,084
^ 2.1 does have a far more silky smooth sound, 2.15 has greater sepration which causes the extra sound stage and 3D crossfeed like perception, as well as more percieved detail and airiness, also mibass is perceived as increased on 2.15, which makes sub bass sound lesser. In actuallity both 2.1 and 2.15 have the same balance and are completely neutral, the only difference between the two firmwares is the degree of seperation which creates all the above perceptions. Both are equally good, so just pick which you like based on preference, for my music I prefer lurker 2.1.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #8,938 of 14,084
I wonder if they'll ever release the source code of the driver and firmware.  The lag is seriously bugging me, and there ought to be a way to optimize its performance to minimize the lag...  I mean, how else does other high resolution USB DAC work?  Unless there's a fundamental design flaw / restriction of the DX90.

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #8,939 of 14,084
I'm proud to say that when I got home and turned my DX90 on, retried the Rescan Media option and now everything's working great. Hooray for me. Also, I love the new 2.1.5 firmware with the Slow Roll-off Digital Filter with my FAD Heaven VI. It seems to have lifted a veil. I originally found the pairing of the DX90 and my Fidelio L2 to sound good but not to be the best pairing, the new firmware even lessens that mediocre synergy.

Also, can anyone give more comments on the quality of the coaxial cable? There aren't many aftermarket coaxial cables available in where I'm from so I'm curious if it's easier to notice a difference with a better quality one (which would be evident if the stock is poor in quality).

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #8,940 of 14,084
Also, can anyone give more comments on the quality of the coaxial cable?

Good devices (with galvanic input isolation and low jitter reclock) are not sensitive to different cables, presuming a cable is able to transfer the signal. So, the answer depends on a particular device you connect DX90 to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back