DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #8,896 of 14,084
HOLY!!! 2.1.5 Lurker
basshead.gif

The seperation... transparency are unreal...

Thanks Lurker0
beerchug.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #8,897 of 14,084
"you act like a grown up baby in a way"
There is a way saying things. I did not insult anyone. 
I am sorry if i didn't act properly. I will do more research before asking a question. Many times it's a specific question about the DX90 which is not popular generally and it's hard to find answers for it. 
If i would be lazy i woudn't be a conductor, composer, flutist and pianist.

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #8,898 of 14,084
I am sorry if i didn't act properly. I will do more research before asking a question. Many times it's a specific question about the DX90 which is not popular generally and it's hard to find answers for it. 

if you are those things , you are probably quite smart but intelligence doesn't mean that you can not be lazy in various forms - maybe your intelligence comes with impatience, since you give me a sense that you have not taken any time to look this thread at all.

i too decided to buy a dx90 and i sat and checked this thread and most of my questions were answered through reading people's posts here - in fact i was so fascinated by the dx90 that i read 400 pages of this thread

if you are that busy and time-stressed that you can not do the same, accept my apology - in fact to show you that i have no animosity toward you i have answered some of your questions here in the past.

still , i don;t think you took the time to read even 5 pages of this thread.

and don't worry , judging by your questions here i think you will dig the dx90

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #8,900 of 14,084
we always were cool , it's not like you stole my girl or my dx90

cheers

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #8,901 of 14,084
we always were cool , it's not like you stole my girl or my dx90

cheers

GustavMahler's initial question was if someone give him/her first advices after unboxing the unit.

I can FULL AGREE with this question, because there is NO MANUAL for DX90 included !!
I am new here too and these statements are very offtopic and should removed by moderators.
Reading near 600 posts is very time consuming and with a little help from iBasso with a
good manual this issue would go...

...Musicians and HiEnds stand together !

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #8,902 of 14,084
So - to change the subject...

I am sitting here at work not working but listening to my Alpha Dog headphones on a great single ended tube headphone amp I got off of the for sale forum here at Head-fi....but that is all a digression - 

My real question relates to updating the firmware.  I am having trouble doing it - I had done it once already with Lurker's first version, but now I cannot do it with the second one.

I plug my dx90 into my computer - it shows an empty hard disk - I add the img file from Lurker's website to the dx90, i eject it from the computer, remove the usb cord and go to advanced settings, but it is not giving me a system update option....

I must be doing some simple wrong, but I am not sure what it is.

Any suggestions?

P.S. - kudos to all who have contributed to this thread - ibasso should give a donation to head-fi for providing all of this excellent information

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #8,903 of 14,084
Originally Posted by srkstan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

II add the img file from Lurker's website to the dx90

There is no an img file: there is a zip archive with it. Did you try to unzip it after downloading?

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #8,904 of 14,084

For some reason my Safari browser seems to automatically de-zip the file when I download - perhaps that is the problem

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #8,905 of 14,084
Got it now - it was apple being two forward thinking - since I had an old update.img file in my downloads file, it was renaming Lurker's new firmware update-2.img.  As a result, the DX90 did not recognize it.  Now I am all set - Lurker - thanks/спасибо!

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #8,907 of 14,084

The guy is being nice and knows how to talk polite.
People please dont comment, i know the same again again could be irritating.
Just ignore him, but you me or anyone else has no right to be bad i guess.

Welcome him, he is new to all that we already went through. Give him a break

But A piece of advice -- the best part is to figure out things on your own, the journey is the best part. So enjoy it, shortcuts wont be that rewarding. I think that is what my friend wanted to say.

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #8,908 of 14,084
The reason people object to naive questions is because new issues/discoveries get lost amongst all the trivia and subsequent bitching. There is a new USB DAC driver out and a new FW release, so most people looking at the end of this thread are looking for info on those releases. I am a newbie myself but I don't post until I have checked everywhere first.

Can someone tell me why on earth you would want to use a DX90 through another DAC like so many posters here seem to want to do?

I did loads of research before I bought mine and I bought it because it was the only affordable DAC with a pair of SABRE ES9018K2M DAC chips. This is equivalent to having half a ES9018 DAC chip. A DAC with a full ES9018 would be nice but these can only be bought for around £700 upwards. The Pono is claiming it uses an ES9018 but I bet it turns out to be a single ES9018K2M.

So if you have bought a DX90 you already have the best DAC chip setup available in that price range, by a country mile. So why expect it to sound better through a different DAP? It is completely pointless.

If you want another transport for a different DAP then just get a small USB hard drive for £50.

Has anyone found a solution to the Mango (DX90) suddenly stopping and disappearing in Windows 8.1?

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #8,909 of 14,084
Quick reactions to new FW (Lurker's L1 version) - 

At first, I felt that it was a bit less lush than the previous 2.1 (Lurker's again), but after my ears settled down, the detail in this new version is absolutely incredible.  I biked home listening to a 24/192 vinyl rip of Lynyrd Skynyrd's live version of Freebird from the Gold and Platinum album through some DN-1000 ear buds - wow - every guitar note came through, and the piano solo was absolutely beautiful.  Great stuff - thanks iBasso and thanks Lurker!

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #8,910 of 14,084
USB 3 Hub success

Having finally installed the Mango driver yesterday on my W8.1, 64bit, USB3.0 PC, I thought I would try it through a USB 3.0 hub, without much hope of success.

And bingo it works and sounds fantastic. I figure this is a better arrangement because the hub has a separate power supply so it isolates the DAC from the PC USB power supply which apparently can be noisy.

I am not saying I hear any difference, but it helps me sleep at night :>)

So for the benefit of those that are having problems with USB hubs this is the one I used connected to a USB3.0 port on my PC

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-4-port-usb-30-hub-n68kh

It is quite likely that some hubs will have slightly different USB3.0 implementations because the standard is very knew, and probably a bit gappy, they usually are.

I also have a Lindy USB 3.0 hub I will try later.

Next challenge is to get it working over Powerline Ethernet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back