DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Nov 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #8,866 of 14,084
I'm trying to figure out how to create a playlist on PC, then import into DX90. I tried the obvious: Connect DX90 with "storeage" usb setting, navigate on DX90's installed microSD card to the songs I want on playlist and create it in Foobar, save on DX90 microSD as .m3u. It does appear on the DX90 when in play mode but when I select it it doesn't open that playlist, as if it's empty or can't read it. Can someone who's successfully imported a playlist let me know the procedure for success?

Thanks!

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #8,868 of 14,084
I'm trying to figure out how to create a playlist on PC, then import into DX90. I tried the obvious: Connect DX90 with "storeage" usb setting, navigate on DX90's installed microSD card to the songs I want on playlist and create it in Foobar, save on DX90 microSD as .m3u. It does appear on the DX90 when in play mode but when I select it it doesn't open that playlist, as if it's empty or can't read it. Can someone who's successfully imported a playlist let me know the procedure for success?

Thanks!

I asked iBasso about this a little while back and here is the reply:

regarding to the M3U

1, You can use the software Notepad to edit it. 
2, after you export a playlist from the DX90, use the Notepad to see the route of file.  It is different to the one as Foobar generated.  You must use the DX90's route format.  
3, Linux use "\" instead of "/"
4, After you load a new m3u playlist into the DX90, you need to rescan the library.

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #8,869 of 14,084
  Can you recommend a coax? I've got the 1st chassis version. To be honest the iBasso one doesn't seem the best quality and is quite a loose fit.

I use one from Whiplash that is specifically made for coax use (the cable is a special material and contraction). 

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #8,870 of 14,084
So i am not alone with this... hope iBasso read this !

My mail from iBasso replied that this is NOT normal !

It's annoing to see this scanning screen every power on !

Yep, they should know its not an isolated incident. There is a way to avoid message, start up without card inserted!!! few albums on internal memory:blush:

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #8,871 of 14,084
  But I have always the issue of the random playing order when I play an album via directory browser (workaround : reload the first track), and since I seem to be the only one complaining about that, I wondering what I miss. Maybe a file in the dx90 userspace, I noticed that it is not emptied with the factory reset. I will try that later.

Okay, I have my answer :

Mango first create the playlist, then add the infos in this database. Not very logic in my opinion, but It's explain the random order in my case.

Since I don't scan my µSDCard, the first time I load an album, it's shuffle because there is no info for that album in the database.
But Mango scan it, so the second time I load this album, he "know" the right order, and he doing it right.
Because I change often the card, the database is reset each time I guess, so It's probably why I had to load my album twice most of the time.

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #8,872 of 14,084
I asked iBasso about this a little while back and here is the reply:

regarding to the M3U

1, You can use the software Notepad to edit it. 
2, after you export a playlist from the DX90, use the Notepad to see the route of file.  It is different to the one as Foobar generated.  You must use the DX90's route format.  
3, Linux use "\" instead of "/"
4, After you load a new m3u playlist into the DX90, you need to rescan the library.

My goodness...sounds a bit cumbersome but I'll give it a try. Many thanks for the infiormation, jamato8.

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #8,873 of 14,084
I've had browsing message since receiving one of first dx90s. Nothing solves message, ibasso support suggested various things, I've tried different cards, just one album, always there! Every month someone new has problem, but never an answer. Its a minor irritation but I will put up with it rather than international shipping. Be nice if someone one day solves it. I reckon faulty unit as iBasso said send back.

Not so sure is faulty unit. Had no problems with mine with old 32gb card, just when got new 128gb sandisk. I really thought reformatting as fat32 would solve it, but alas no!
I still reckon there is some hidden file/dodgy artwork image amidst my music files which is not liked by the ibasso and making it want to rescan all the time. I guess one way of testing would be to add a few albums at a time and see when the problem starts. I'm just not sure I can be bothered to go through all this. Bugs me less now the ibasso is less of a "new toy".
I have my music stored under MUSIC/album artist/album/filename, all as tagged flacs. If I do get round to reformatting and adding few albums at a time I'll let you all know how I get on.! When you tried this Andrew, were there any other files, thumbs etc or just a few songs?

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #8,874 of 14,084
Not so sure is faulty unit. Had no problems with mine with old 32gb card, just when got new 128gb sandisk. I really thought reformatting as fat32 would solve it, but alas no!
I still reckon there is some hidden file/dodgy artwork image amidst my music files which is not liked by the ibasso and making it want to rescan all the time. I guess one way of testing would be to add a few albums at a time and see when the problem starts. I'm just not sure I can be bothered to go through all this. Bugs me less now the ibasso is less of a "new toy".
I have my music stored under MUSIC/album artist/album/filename, all as tagged flacs. If I do get round to reformatting and adding few albums at a time I'll let you all know how I get on.! When you tried this Andrew, were there any other files, thumbs etc or just a few songs?

Tried it with one album. Basic tags (mp3tag), 500 px embedded picture. Different cards, (all good in X5). You can see any hidden files in Windows Explorer if you don't hide files, nothing there except FLAC. Also tried mp3, 24/192. Run out of ideas!!!

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #8,875 of 14,084
What would be interesting is if anyone with this problem had a friend with DX90 working fine. Swap cards. Scan. Turn off and On and see who gets message!

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #8,877 of 14,084
I will pretty soon get my DX90. Can someone give me instructions on what i am supposed to do first when i get it and in what order? how much charging etc.

Just put ur micro SD card in, scan it, and enjoy!! Of course if its outta battery or low on it... Then maybe charge it first

Nov 5, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #8,879 of 14,084
  Should i always fully charge the battery so it won't shorten the battery life over time? I cant wait to get my ATH-m40X and the DX-90! This is terrible waiting!!

I keep mine charged up. The less cycles, the longer the battery will last but to be honest, they are fairly inexpensive so I wouldn't worry. The DX90 comes either fully charged or around 90%. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back