DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 3, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #8,356 of 14,084
speaking of weird occurences... mine often plays the tracks in a seemingly random order, and not the intended track order, even though it's not on shuffle mode. Any word on what to do about it? (I'm using Lurker's fw)

Try "Rescan Library" under Advanced Settings. Seems to be more thorough than the "Scan SD Card" option you get when inserting a microSD card.

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #8,357 of 14,084
Try "Rescan Library" under Advanced Settings. Seems to be more thorough than the "Scan SD Card" option you get when inserting a microSD card.

I usually don't scan the cards because that takes 15-30 minutes each time and I have 4 cards I keep switching back and forth, so I often play from the directory.

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #8,358 of 14,084
I usually don't scan the cards because that takes 15-30 minutes each time and I have 4 cards I keep switching back and forth, so I often play from the directory.

I see. From what I noted, the files in the directories need to be named 01, 02, 03... instead of 1, 2, 3... Otherwise it will play track 10, 11, 12... instead of track 2 after track 1.

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #8,359 of 14,084
I see. From what I noted, the files in the directories need to be named 01, 02, 03... instead of 1, 2, 3... Otherwise it will play track 10, 11, 12... instead of track 2 after track 1.

Thanks, I'll look into that!

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #8,360 of 14,084
 speaking of weird occurences... mine often plays the tracks in a seemingly random order, and not the intended track order, even though it's not on shuffle mode. Any word on what to do about it? (I'm using Lurker's fw)

There is a workaround somewhere in this thread (or maybe the bug thread?). If I remember right, this happens only with the first album/directory plays, you have to do a next / previous track after loading the album. And maybe reload the album after that, but that I not sure

I have done some test , More detailled issue here :

When play an album via Directory, files are systematically shuffled (like 100%). Have to reload them to have the right order (by touching "my music", then the first track). If you do not reload the files, eventually playing will be stopping at the end of some track (and showing 0bit 0khz). Have to do that for each album you want to play via Directory.

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #8,361 of 14,084
  you have to do a next / previous track after loading the album. And maybe reload the album after that, but that I not sure. 

This workaround is for gapless playback :) The workaround when the files are played in alphabetical order of their titles in tags, not in the order of file names, is Rescan from Advanced.

I've reported both problems to iBasso and I hope they'll fix them in the next version.

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #8,362 of 14,084
... Oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys when you rip an hdcd in dbpoweramp make sure to also add the "disable 6db boost for hdcd" along with the hdcd effect

The 6db boost ruins the rip, it can introduce clipping. Whoever added that feature to dbpoweramp must have forgot about the range extension option in the hdcd specifications (not every hdcd has range extension but if it does the +6db boost will ruin it) naturally hdcd is quieter than regular 16/44.1 but come on this is headfi and if your dap can't crank the volume than I'm sure you have an amp

My dx90 plays hdcd rips like a champ and cranks plenty of volume on a slew of headphones

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #8,363 of 14,084
  You know, burn-in works even for those who does not believe in it
wink.gif

beyersmile.png

It does seem to....I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the DX90 from new (sounded very impressive but a bit of an unpleasant digital hard edge to everything) 40 or 50 hours later and that effect is much less pronounced (the soft roll off is helping too) I'm pretty sure it's been gaining more bass too.

or perhaps my brain is just burning in...

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #8,364 of 14,084
I got this type of OTG cable http://www.amazon.com/Estoreimport-Micro-Cable-Power-Samsung/dp/B00C452XFO/ref=pd_sim_pc_3/191-3332618-4932669?ie=UTF8&refRID=03K7YG67X6ABPKPH3MMN
the OTG part is working I can play the files, but the pass thru does not power the unit, the cable is not defective since when DX90 is off the charge is going thru I can see the green circle on the screen but it is not working when Dx 90 is on. Any one got experience with this  OTG wire?

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #8,365 of 14,084
I always scan my library... Yes it takes more than 20mins or longer.
Sometimes it's more than 40min..
But it still plays in random order since day 1 of stock firmware till 2.1.
Also another weird occurrence .. If you pause and the unit shutdown..
Upon power up and continue,, it will play all the songs regardless iof those that had been played..
Eg.. There are 10 songs in the album and you start playing and paused on the 4th song..
When re power up and starts where you left off,, if will play the complete 10 songs..

And this is since stock firmware..

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #8,367 of 14,084
OTG part is working I can play the files, but the pass thru does not power the unit

I experience the same problem: DX90 drains its battery to power the connected device even with an external power source. I've reported it to iBasso, hoping it can be solved by software. I'd suggest you to report it as well, 'cause more bug reports are better :wink:

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #8,368 of 14,084

beyersmile.png

It does seem to....I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the DX90 from new (sounded very impressive but a bit of an unpleasant digital hard edge to everything) 40 or 50 hours later and that effect is much less pronounced (the soft roll off is helping too) I'm pretty sure it's been gaining more bass too.

or perhaps my brain is just burning in...

Or perhaps a combination of both.
wink_face.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #8,369 of 14,084
  I have finally ordered mine!
biggrin.gif

The price on mp4nation is great with the free gift but I do not really need another earphone.

Found it for sale at a store called eglobalcentral.com for $388. (I don't think I can post the link here, so please just enter the site and search DX90 if you like to).

Their customer service told me that they are shipping from Hong Kong with free UPS. I was born in HK and know the shops there are a little more trustworthy than those in China.
They have the standard 14-days return and 2-years "in-house" warranty. They said they will replace mine with a new one under warranty, but I am not very sure...
I paid with Paypal as I can use its buyer's protection if anything bad happened (on the first month).
rolleyes.gif

very interested in buying a DX90 and i saw they also have a europe store and their prices are good - has anyone ordered from there - did you have any problem with customs taxes ?

if anyone has any knowledge whether this is a legitimate site , please share your feedback here

thank you

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #8,370 of 14,084
Got my dx90 last week and been trying out all my files. And as most people say, the gapless is somewhat buggy on some files. So i did some experiments. Ill just make this post straight and brief. And PLEASE CORRECT ME if it is posted somewhere, proven wrong, I have a faulty hardware and/or already solved. Disclaimer: English is not my language so please be gentle. :)

Defaults
Firmware = 2.1 lurker0's - 2nd international version (the stable cpu high performance)
Burn in = 100+
GAPLESS ALWAYS ON
Fresh from factory defaults
All done on internal memory NO SD card

Albums used and initial transition. 1st track and 2nd track are only used for reference. (That epic intros)
Album: Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory = album A
Details: (24/48) FLAC individual tracks (no cue sheet)
Initial Transition: Flawless transition from 1 to 2.

Album: Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden = album B
Details: 320 CBR MP3 with M3U
Initial Transition: 1-2 sec transition

Album: Pathfinder - Beyond the Space, Beyond the Time = album C
Details: VBR Mp3 with M3U
Initial Transition: 5-1.5 sec transition

1st thing I do was REMOVE ALL TAG from MP3 including image.
album B: Click/Pop (100-200 ms) on transition.
album C: Click/Pop (100-200 ms) on transition. 

The thing is that album B have multiple tagging so removing this improve the transition greatly.

2nd thing was to downgrade the FLAC to MP3 320
album A (no tag): small pause below 100 ms on transition.

3rd thing was to convert all albums to FLAC including album A
album A: Flawless transition
album B: Flawless transition with a somewhat faint tick (barely noticeable).
album C: Flawless transition

TL:DR???
Conclusion
- Playback gap on gapless mode is very big when MP3s have tagging issues.
- Clean MP3 (no tag) still has noticeable transition on playback.
- If still irritated, convert your lossy into lossless. Will work about 90%? (lols)

This is just the things i did to try to find what's the problem. And it didn't solved anything, only raises more questions. I am in no way have technical know how on this DAP so if anyone got answers. Again, i can to delete my post if anyone can correct me or have solutions. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back