DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #7,546 of 14,084
I see okay, for some including me, the bass of UE900 does not dig deep enough nor is it tight enough. Thats my preference comparing to my ckrs. The main difference between your current one and lurkers fw I'd say is bass, although like i have been saying I have noticed slightly more clearer mids n slightly better details on lurkers fw. So it really depends on you, want slightly clearer sound and better detailed mids and highs at the expense of abit amount of bass then up, but if the songs you listen to normally requires more bass for enjoyment then stick with 2.0 because bass has lower quantity on 2.1 though its abit tighter, still does not satisfy me. You can always try them both and see how they do for you as you can always go back to 2.0 :p

Interesting, I chose the UE900's due to the favourable reviews and reasonable price ( looking at them I think they may be the earlier versions which may explain the good price) having come from a pair of B&W C5's which had a lovely bass but sometimes sounded a little, errr bassy (told you I was a newbie). The bass was muffled almost, bad description but cloudy might be the word. Need to try the DX90 with my B&W P5's also but I prefer in-ears for travelling and they're a little less intrusive in the office.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #7,547 of 14,084
UE900's are pretty nice. I had the old version for months without any issues. I did prefer the W4R over them but nothing wrong with loving the UE900.

Why not try the Luker version of 2.1?

You can always revert back to the ibasso 2.1 or even 2.0 if you feel like you're missing something.

The UI response alone and the snappier start up makes it worth it assuming sound stays relatively on par.

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #7,550 of 14,084
I'm another user of UE900 + DX90. But I'm using the EQ as I found the sound to be abit warm and dull with EQ turned off.

I have UE900 and generally speaking, I like them a lot. Bass is a bit lacking though. I've veered away from trying the EQ as it doesn't seem particularly intuitive - would you mind sharing your settings please? I'd liek to give it a go and see if they work for me too...

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #7,553 of 14,084
  Anybody know why my firmware won't load?

Batchtool installed fine.

Do you get recognition by the batch tool and are you putting the USB into the DX90, pressing the top volume button and then plugging the USB into the computer and using a PC PC based computer? Has Batchtool worked for you before or is the first time? Also look over the instruction for using it again. 

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #7,554 of 14,084
  Do you get recognition by the batch tool and are you putting the USB into the DX90, pressing the top volume button and then plugging the USB into the computer and using a PC PC based computer? Has Batchtool worked for you before or is the first time? Also look over the instruction for using it again. 

Very first time for everything. USB connected and DX90 recognized on my IBM PC. Error when I try to load FW from upper RH button on batchtool.

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #7,555 of 14,084
Hi all.

Great (long!) thread. Loving my new Dx90, a purchase inspired by all you guys....

Just wondered if anyone has tried the DX90 with InEar Stage Divers 2 or 3 IEMs and what their opinions are?
I listen to a wide variety of genres from EDM to classical.....

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #7,556 of 14,084

Very first time for everything. USB connected and DX90 recognized on my IBM PC. Error when I try to load FW from upper RH button on batchtool.

Have you installed the device driver and if so is it the right one? The DX90 being recognized as a drive isn't enough.

Per Trance on pg 1.

After you connect DX90 to pc while holding volume up button, if your prompted to find drivers, direct it to the RockUSB folder in the rkbatchtool file, if not prompted for drivers, You need to go into Device Manager on you PC, find the icon labeled with a question mark, open it up, go to Driver tab, hit update driver, direct to the folder labeled RockUSB from the rkbatchtool file you got and press update. Then you can open the rkbatchtool app, click the bottom left button and select the second option to change language to english, input the directory for the firmware you want to load at the top, then click upgrade at the bottom to start the flash.er tr

I used these. http://www.freak-tab.de/freaktab/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7.rar

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #7,557 of 14,084
Thanks Goodvibes. I did all that perfect until I tried to input Lurker's firmware and then I got the error. But I clicked on the image file not the directory and I think that is where I messed up. I will try again and if it still doesn't work I will try to download Lurker's FW again.

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #7,558 of 14,084
You can load the regular FW on batchtool. From there on you don't have to use batchtool and you can load Lurker0 FW etc. 

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #7,559 of 14,084
I've sent mine away for a bit and will try with files I know well in a few weeks when it returns. I had no problem doing so on my AK120 when I had it so I don't expect to have much trouble here. I could even pic out dithers used tor render a particular HiDef recording. Could be that I use files that I or my associate recorded either live or from other good sources onto a Nagra VI. Any adjustment or resampling is done via Wavelab pro. I think that for simple downsampling, DBpoweramp or XLD work well for consumers. Many of the HiRes downloads available for purchase aren't as good as I'd hope. Others are. Same can be said for a lot of the A2Ds and how they are used. I get that storage and usage may render HiDef unnecessary for many in a DAP but I wanted to state my contrasting view on formats in general. I'd be fine if whether HiDef is better or not just be avoided completely in equipment threads.:smile:  Perhaps it's warranted in a HiDef player thread.

DBpoweramp or XLD is a very good baseline since both are affordable for consumers. XLD is completely free and now use the SoX codecs, in theory it can resample files at or very near the level of it 's commercial/professional counterparts.

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #7,560 of 14,084
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back