DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 29, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #7,471 of 14,084
Hey guys i havent been around headfi kuch lately and i was hoping someone could catch me up. I see theres a new modded fw going around. Is the official dac function working yet?

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #7,473 of 14,084
Ok so curiosity got me.
Took my dx90 to jaben today and tried it with the tg334, jh7, Roxanne.
Wow the dx90 has come a long way with burn in.
Massive change for the better.

So how does it sound with the tg334 & Roxanne?

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #7,474 of 14,084
So how does it sound with the tg334 & Roxanne?

Very aggressive with the Roxanne. Not really my cup of tea if I am honest.

Sounds fantastic with the 334, compliment each other nicely. Smooth detailed sound of the 334 balances with the dx90 sound Sig.

I will be saving for some fitears next I think.

I can write a bit more when I am on my PC :) hate posting from my phone. Get so disjointed lol

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #7,475 of 14,084
[quote name="Lurker0"

More required comments
This firmware, like the previous firmware, is bit perfect. It means, with EQ turned off, the sound data is not affected by the software, and is transferred to the DAC exactly as it is.

Also, no a part of Android sound path (including audio policy configuration file and corresponding libraries) is used or ever loaded in this firmware.
[/quote]

So will your version sound the same as a DX90 with Rockbox , which as I understand it is also adds no sound colouration ?

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #7,476 of 14,084

Sounds fantastic with the 334, compliment each other nicely. Smooth detailed sound of the 334 balances with the dx90 sound Sig.

I can write a bit more when I am on my PC
smily_headphones1.gif
hate posting from my phone. Get so disjointed lol

Thanks, I already have the 846 & heard that the 334 have a very good smooth and high sound

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #7,477 of 14,084
So I tried the latest and greatest FW by Lurker0

and OMG it sounds amazing. The UI response is fast and neat and the new font looks nice and clean. At this point I'm not sure if I ever want to change the firmware cuz it's pretty perfect the way it is.

Lurker you're a genius
beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #7,478 of 14,084
Lurker claims that there should not be any difference in sound, I still feel there is a 'slight' difference though IMO. I feel its slightly clearer hence the feel like slightly more details and slightly tighter bass. But the difference is just slightly. Ui feels snapier too I agree. So far loving this Fw. My favourite so far. We deserve to have more people like lurker in this community. A big contribution indeed in refining a fw thats already good. Perhaps ibasso should recognise his efforts more.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #7,479 of 14,084

I can write a bit more when I am on my PC :) hate posting from my phone. Get so disjointed lol

Dx90 and tg334 is heavenly matched. Enjoying them every night.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #7,480 of 14,084
Hey guys i havent been around headfi kuch lately and i was hoping someone could catch me up. I see theres a new modded fw going around. Is the official dac function working yet?

Official DAC function works fine on Windows 7 and XP 32-bit I believe. They have a beta USB dac drive for Windows 8 64-bit. No USB-dac driver for Mac OS AFAIK

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #7,482 of 14,084
Lurker claims that there should not be any difference in sound, I still feel there is a 'slight' difference though IMO. I feel its slightly clearer hence the feel like slightly more details and slightly tighter bass. But the difference is just slightly. Ui feels snapier too I agree. So far loving this Fw. My favourite so far. We deserve to have more people like lurker in this community. A big contribution indeed in refining a fw thats already good. Perhaps ibasso should recognise his efforts more.

That's kind of funny cuz I hear a pretty clear difference. He's the smart one so I do believe him when he says something.

I guess that's what makes this hobby so great some funny things going on in the ears/brains of audio nerds. All I can say is that Lurker's version of the FW gives me goosebumps up and down listening to the same songs with same headphones (I went in with the bias that it might sound worse cuz it's not "official"). It sounds more detailed/clear with a more 3D landscape with bass being tighter. Everything sounds wide open, kind of like it did with FW 2.0 when I heard it the first time.

All I wanted to say was that I'm happy and also thank Lurker for his efforts. I wish he could work the same magic for my X5 FW cuz that DAP is not getting any love now.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #7,485 of 14,084
Anybody using the DX90 + 1540 combo?

I tried this at an audio shop yesterday and it was instant magic. I was expecting bloated bass and a recessed upper-mid/congestion but it sounded balanced wide open and pretty darn fantastic. I'm wondering if it was just the DX90 bringing nice synergy with the 1540.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back