DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 22, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #7,232 of 14,084
  To native Chinese or those who is familiar with Chinese

I heard an opinion, that Chinese is not well supported in the font from my firmware. Could somebody tell me what's wrong with it?

Mine have no problem at all with the Chinese font, are you using simplified or traditional Chinese?

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #7,233 of 14,084

I heard an opinion, that Chinese is not well supported in the font from my firmware. Could somebody tell me what's wrong with it?

Mine have no problem at all with the Chinese font, are you using simplified or traditional Chinese?

I'm Russian
wink.gif
I don't know either one, that's why I asked for help.

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #7,234 of 14,084
Tried and it doesn't do anything.
I do hear a buzzing sound when I put the machine near my ear though.
When the batteries are removed the buzzes are gone.
Therefore I would assume it's not the battery's problem (eg failure to charge)

When buzzes are gone, when battery remove, it is OK. More worse and strange is when player make buzzing sound with removed battery. It could be http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/buzzing-spider-0 :D
Now seriously (and useful for everyone) - DX90 can play without battery when is connected to charging cable!!!!!!!! When You test it, You can be sure, that is not battery problem.

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #7,236 of 14,084
The battery can act like smoothing for a noisy switch mode charger so can't tell much from that. You need what you know to be a good battery to do a proper test.

Yes, this is true, but DX90 can play only on charger (without battery). I use on test charger from HTC phone and player work without battery. When he remove battery, connect charger and player not play, it is any wrong in player. Of course battery may by (or not) too wrong, but he need test, that player is good or wrong.

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #7,237 of 14,084

The battery can act like smoothing for a noisy switch mode charger so can't tell much from that. You need what you know to be a good battery to do a proper test.

Yes, this is true, but DX90 can play only on charger (without battery). I use on test charger from HTC phone and player work without battery. When he remove battery, connect charger and player not play, it is any wrong in player. Of course battery may by (or not) too wrong, but he need test, that player is good or wrong.

Makes me really confuse & complicated
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #7,239 of 14,084

I am Chinese and I can confirm all my tracks with Traditional Chinese characters in file names and tags was supported perfectly by your firmware. I also have a few Japanese tracks which also have their names and tags info shown correctly.

I am not so sure with Simplified Chinese characters though. I would say even the stock iBasso firmwares sometimes cannot correctly display a few characters. I certainly won't lose sleep because of it.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #7,240 of 14,084
H

i everyone! I just took the dive and purchased my first DAP. I had been using my phones previously but wanted a dedicated music player for when I was studying and for home listening. I was going to buy an iPod classic to use in my car and at home, but I discovered the Fiio X5 which ultimately led me to ibasso DX90. After a lot of research I decided on the DX90, hence my post here! I was just wondering should I listen to the player right away or should I just burn it in for the recommended time (100 hours I think)? 

Also just a heads up there might be a promotion at amazon right now. once I added the DX90 and a leather case from Dignis in my cart, I received a $20 off coupon! Not sure if this was tied to my account or if it is something the seller was doing, but I got my DX90 & handmade leather case for $427 (overnight shipped). 

Thank you everyone for the amazing information on this thread! Can't wait to listen to this guy! :)

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #7,241 of 14,084
  I was just wondering should I listen to the player right away or should I just burn it in for the recommended time (100 hours I think)? 

You can listen to the player right away as normal and the sound will improve passively. You can also use the burn-in cable for when you are not actively listening to your music.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #7,243 of 14,084
  H

i everyone! I just took the dive and purchased my first DAP. I had been using my phones previously but wanted a dedicated music player for when I was studying and for home listening. I was going to buy an iPod classic to use in my car and at home, but I discovered the Fiio X5 which ultimately led me to ibasso DX90. After a lot of research I decided on the DX90, hence my post here! I was just wondering should I listen to the player right away or should I just burn it in for the recommended time (100 hours I think)? 

Also just a heads up there might be a promotion at amazon right now. once I added the DX90 and a leather case from Dignis in my cart, I received a $20 off coupon! Not sure if this was tied to my account or if it is something the seller was doing, but I got my DX90 & handmade leather case for $427 (overnight shipped). 

Thank you everyone for the amazing information on this thread! Can't wait to listen to this guy! :)

There are some improvements in sound but why wait? Enjoy.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #7,244 of 14,084

Tried and it doesn't do anything.
I do hear a buzzing sound when I put the machine near my ear though.
When the batteries are removed the buzzes are gone.
Therefore I would assume it's not the battery's problem (eg failure to charge)

When buzzes are gone, when battery remove, it is OK. More worse and strange is when player make buzzing sound with removed battery. It could be http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/buzzing-spider-0
biggrin.gif

Now seriously (and useful for everyone) - DX90 can play without battery when is connected to charging cable!!!!!!!! When You test it, You can be sure, that is not battery problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tested - the problem is with the machine :frowning2:

Time to pack it up and send it back to China..

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #7,245 of 14,084
  If you think the DX90 is hard to see wait until you see the X5, my sight aren't that good but I have no problem reading them from the screen.

With the 2.1 International, the lettering, for me got harder to read. From a Chinese speaker, who emailed me, the Chinese characters are hard to read compared to the stock 2.1 from iBasso. That is what I refer to. The letters/words on the stock 2.1 from iBasso reads fine for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back