DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 19, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #7,111 of 14,084
Yeah I tried 2 difference cables. I just successfully charged another device with the micro USB cable supplied with the dx90. Sigh, this is so frustrating.

If you have another s3 battery, try it to confirm that the battery is not the issue. Mine could not switch on too. I uninstalled the drivers, and manually installed the rockusb ones. Connected to my pc, then magicly it turned on. Since your using mac, I cant help you because I do not know the whereabouts of mac os, never used one. I do hope you get to fix yours asap.

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #7,112 of 14,084
This is why I told him to connect to his computer in program mode. I mistakenly said to hold the next button while connecting. It should be the Vol + button.
redface.gif
Of course, I have no idea if a MAC will recognize it. May need a PC and this link for the tool and it's drivers http://www.freak-tab.de/freaktab/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7.rar

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #7,113 of 14,084
  can someone comment on "low volume + high gain vs high volume + low gain"?
Headphones will be easy push IEMs.

OK I'll bite.

Gain typically refers to the audio signal level. It is often expressed in dB, where 0 dB is the maximum voltage level, -3 dB is half level, etc. It is related to signal amplitude and is sometimes incorrectly expressed in mV. Measure with multimeter when expressed as mV but dB is more useful.

Volume typically refers to the sound level. It is also expressed as dB, where 70 dB is very quiet and 140 dB will deafen you. Speaker volume varies according to input level and speaker impedance. Measure with sound level meter.

Best noise rejection is highest gain + low volume. Did I get it right?

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #7,115 of 14,084
I am really enjoying mine.
I haven't done any dedicated burn in as such, just listening to it evolve.
Really enjoying the latest firmware and soft filter.

I must say though, all in all I am very happy with the firmware,ui and sound.

Looking forward to putting more hours on it :)

Need to do some reading on how the sound improved with burn in to make sure I am not just imagining things, but I will get to that, too busy just enjoying it for now

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #7,117 of 14,084
The RKbatchtool can only be used on a Microsoft based system so use that. The instructions and link for it are on the 1st page of this thread. I have a Mac and borrowed a friends laptop to use it. The instructions are also in the download. It took me a couple of tries to figure out how to use it, now it is easy. Remember to hold down just the volume up button when plugging in the USB cable to the PC. 

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #7,118 of 14,084

I finally managed to boot Rockbox on DX90. Now just need to figure out how to automatically mount the SD Card.
bigsmile_face.gif

EDIT:

Storage mounts fixed and I can now play music. Now another problem. Volume control does not seem to be working.
confused_face.gif

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #7,119 of 14,084

I finally managed to boot Rockbox on DX90. Now just need to figure out how to automatically mount the SD Card. :bigsmile_face:  

EDIT:

Storage mounts fixed and I can now play music. Now another problem. Volume control does not seem to be working. :confused_face:

Where can we find more info on Rockbox for the DX90?

Jul 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #7,120 of 14,084

I finally managed to boot Rockbox on DX90. Now just need to figure out how to automatically mount the SD Card.
bigsmile_face.gif

EDIT:

Storage mounts fixed and I can now play music. Now another problem. Volume control does not seem to be working.
confused_face.gif

AWESOME.  The volume issue is probably differences between the Sabre chip and the Wolfson - I believe both DX90 and DX50 use the digital volume control on the DAC chip. 

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #7,123 of 14,084
For those who want to revert to 2.0 firmware without computer connection, one can have the DX90 boots to "recovery mode" by pressing both the volume+ and power button to start up. There will be a "wipe cache" and "update from SD card" option

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #7,124 of 14,084
Where can we find more info on Rockbox for the DX90?

Still too early. There are still things need to be fix first before it's usable.

AWESOME.  The volume issue is probably differences between the Sabre chip and the Wolfson - I believe both DX90 and DX50 use the digital volume control on the DAC chip. 

You are right. I looked at the /proc/last_message before I went to bed last night and I can still see references to the wm8740 DAC.

Now, it's time to scan the code and replace the DAC reference to the Sabre DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back