DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 19, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #6,196 of 14,084
Mine have different serial numbers and appear to be OEM made in Korea.

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #6,197 of 14,084
I have to say, I don't buy any of this "battery makes any difference" nonsense. I am reasonably qualified in these kind of things (but not nearly as much as others here).

Out of curiosity, though, to prove how right I am, I bought a genuine Samsung battery.

I am here to report how wrong I was. It is clearly audible (as were the 2 filters on the new firmware for the brief time I used it) - although it, for me at least, only has an effect on the HO. I now much prefer the HO>W4r over LO>Quickstep>W4r.

Can't explain it, but don't care. :) Pisen in the binnen.

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #6,199 of 14,084
Rudi brought up the subject regarding the Samsung S3 (Japan cell) battery will improve the SQ of DX50. He gave me a battery and a charger set. I could hear sound improvement with the DX50 but everyone disapproved this notion before.... anyway, I sold my DX50 today to a colleague and he is happy listening to it in office now.. LoL

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #6,201 of 14,084
  Excuse me, I just joined this forum, there are things I want to ask 
sorry if my language strange, I come from Indonesia 
directly to the question 
Sony Walkman now issued a new series and it seemed interesting 
when compared DX 90 VS NW F887, Which is Better? 
To voice gave the Detail, Bass Good, clear and wide 
I confused to choose which one is better 
Now I Have a V-moda Headphones and UE 200 XS VM and I use the headphones directly to Samsung Galaxy S4 mine without any amp 
According to You Which One is Better 
V MODA S4 XS + + AMP (But I do not know the amp what is suitable) 
V Moda XS + DX 90 + AMP (But I do not know the amp what is suitable) 
V Moda XS + F887 + SONY PHA 1 
I Want The sound that I mentioned earlier, if can headphones and dap that can provide good sound without having to use the amp again 
And do not spend excessive money

I currently own DX90 but do not own or heard from the F887 while my brother owned the ZX1 the big brother of F887 and PHA-2.....

For SQ IMO definitely DX90 beats the ZX1 in every way, bass is punchy & cleaner, more detail, soundstage definitely is wider; While the ZX1 bass IMO is more mixed up & provide a bit of dirty but more punchy than DX90 , sounded dark,laid back but have smooth mid and trust me you do not want to turn on the "Clear Audio" as is given a more digital and fake sounding;

Never heard from the PHA-1, but the PHA-2 is a very wonderful piece of DAC for the Sony's or android's gadget, and now when connected to the ZX1 you can't adjust the EQ anymore but it's sounded less & control bass with very smooth, very neutral, detail and provide very wide soundstage but the internal amp is a bit of insufficient power but is more than enough to drives your V Moda's; I am sure that you also do not need an amp while using V Moda XS with DX90 unless you need to drives others big can headphones.

For UI Sony is definitely better and more friendly using than the DX90, if not mistaken that the F887 is using same UI as ZX1 that is Android 4.1;

I think Sony is kind of very picky on IEM or headphones, if you find the right headphone to pair with I think the Sony's will be sounded great, so IMO you should bring along your V Moda to test on these 2 DAPs.

And also my please forgive for my poor english
blink.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #6,202 of 14,084
  I currently own DX90 but do not own or heard from the F887 while my brother owned the ZX1 the big brother of F887 and PHA-2.....

For SQ IMO definitely DX90 beats the ZX1 in every way, bass is punchy & cleaner, more detail, soundstage definitely is wider; While the ZX1 bass IMO is more mixed up & provide a bit of dirty but more punchy than DX90 , sounded dark,laid back but have smooth mid and trust me you do not want to turn on the "Clear Audio" as is given a more digital and fake sounding;

Never heard from the PHA-1, but the PHA-2 is a very wonderful piece of DAC for the Sony's or android's gadget, and now when connected to the ZX1 you can't adjust the EQ anymore but it's sounded less & control bass with very smooth, very neutral, detail and provide very wide soundstage but the internal amp is a bit of insufficient power but is more than enough to drives your V Moda's; I am sure that you also do not need an amp while using V Moda XS with DX90 unless you need to drives others big can headphones.

For UI Sony is definitely better and more friendly using than the DX90, if not mistaken that the F887 is using same UI as ZX1 that is Android 4.1;

I think Sony is kind of very picky on IEM or headphones, if you find the right headphone to pair with I think the Sony's will be sounded great, so IMO you should bring along your V Moda to test on these 2 DAPs.

And also my please forgive for my poor english
blink.gif

Okay , i know you mean i must try 2 dap right ? Sony f887 and ibasso dx 90 right ?
okay thank you so much for you're recommendation , but dx 90 seems have better bass , cleaner and more detail ?
if right like that , maybe i want buy dx 90 but i want try 2 dap first
if you like , you like what ? dx 90 or f887 ?
i want have sound punchy bass but does not close other voice , bright , detail , wide , clear

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #6,203 of 14,084
  Okay , i know you mean i must try 2 dap right ? Sony f887 and ibasso dx 90 right ?
okay thank you so much for you're recommendation , but dx 90 seems have better bass , cleaner and more detail ?
if right like that , maybe i want buy dx 90 but i want try 2 dap first
if you like , you like what ? dx 90 or f887 ?
i want have sound punchy bass but does not close other voice , bright , detail , wide , clear

Yeap, you need to try both Sony & iBasso... you can also try others like the Fiio X5 that provide awesome detail and voice with good bass too~~

For me of course I would prefer the DX90 but this doesn't means Sony's sounded very bad but no way the SQ of the ZX1 can match with the DX90

I'm not sure about the F887 bass but my brother ZX1 have slightly more punchy & deeper bass but a little bit of mixing up ....uhm like kind of dirty as I mention, the DX90 also provide a very punchy but clean bass

DX90 definitely is more detail, wider soundstage, clearest of the both 

ZX1 + PHA-2 sounded good too, the sound is very neutral, wider and brighter than both DX90 and ZX1 alone, but bass will pull down because of the neutrality, of course you have to pay for a big price for combining the PHA-2

Try more DAPs in your local store before you get one (with your own headphone), sometimes different people have difference needs and hearing and I can't recommend which is suitable for you; For me I am very satisfied in every aspct of the DX90 except the UI
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #6,204 of 14,084
Yeap, you need to try both Sony & iBasso... you can also try others like the Fiio X5 that provide awesome detail and voice with good bass too~~

For me of course I would prefer the DX90 but this doesn't means Sony's sounded very bad but no way the SQ of the ZX1 can match with the DX90

I'm not sure about the F887 bass but my brother ZX1 have slightly more punchy & deeper bass but a little bit of mixing up ....uhm like kind of dirty as I mention, the DX90 also provide a very punchy but clean bass

DX90 definitely is more detail, wider soundstage, clearest of the both 

ZX1 + PHA-2 sounded good too, the sound is very neutral, wider and brighter than both DX90 and ZX1 alone, but bass will pull down because of the neutrality, of course you have to pay for a big price for combining the PHA-2

Try more DAPs in your local store before you get one (with your own headphone), sometimes different people have difference needs and hearing and I can't recommend which is suitable for you; For me I am very satisfied in every aspct of the DX90 except the UI:tongue_smile:  
I think if you match with zx1 , the dx 90 is lose cause the zx 1 is more expensive too
Oh yeaa , I want match with fio x5 too but I think dx 90 is better and I like the model
If match you x5 vs dx90 who win ?
Sound quality not the model
Bro thanks so much for your info , your comment and all

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #6,205 of 14,084
I think if you match with zx1 , the dx 90 is lose cause the zx 1 is more expensive too
Oh yeaa , I want match with fio x5 too but I think dx 90 is better and I like the model
Bro thanks so much for your info , your comment and all

Not really the ZX1 expensive because of the brand "Sony" and their Android UI, I've been using Sony since I was young from cassette walkman to CD walkman.....but the Sony today is purely marketing not the last time "Sony" anymore, though their TV and player still good but not their walkman anymore. Not to mention since 1993 the founder of the iBasso have been the OEM of Sherwood, Marantz, Denon, Harman Kardon, Soundcraft, Cyrrus and many more so IMHO the SQ of DX90 still best the ZX1~

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #6,206 of 14,084
I got my OEM Samsung batteries on ebay. They have different SN and are made in Korea. They sound better. I have heard this with eneloop batteries over others, for different applications but this is more obvious. A cheap upgrade, took me a while to get here. Yes, worth it very, very easily. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #6,207 of 14,084
Interesting. This makes me want to go out and start buying up more OEM Samsung batteries. The one that came with my phone is made in China. Obviously, it's OEM since it came with the phone, but I want to see if I can buy one that's made in Korea.

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #6,208 of 14,084
  Interesting. This makes me want to go out and start buying up more OEM Samsung batteries. The one that came with my phone is made in China. Obviously, it's OEM since it came with the phone, but I want to see if I can buy one that's made in Korea.

I am listening right now and can not believe the difference. As sure as I write this, some will have an OEM and say they hear no difference. :^)  But really, I am alarmed. Mine are made in Korea and show last month as the manufacture date and each one has a different SN number. If I was iBasso, I would charge a little more and only sell the DX90 or 50 with these batteries. I am going to order a couple of more. The sound is just different but quality. I am very surprised since I was already biased against any real difference. Now who wants to buy some Anker batteries? Kidding. But these are the only batteries I am going to be using. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-EB-L1G6LLU-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Verizon-i535-Battery-2100mAh-EBL1G6LLU-/121360170339?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120

This is where I bought mine. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #6,209 of 14,084
I am listening right now and can not believe the difference. As sure as I write this, some will have an OEM and say they hear no difference. :^)  But really, I am alarmed. Mine are made in Korea and show last month as the manufacture date and each one has a different SN number. If I was iBasso, I would charge a little more and only sell the DX90 or 50 with these batteries. I am going to order a couple of more. The sound is just different but quality. I am very surprised since I was already biased against any real difference. Now who wants to buy some Anker batteries? Kidding. But these are the only batteries I am going to be using. 

Before buying any additional pieces, may I suggest you to try at some 20 recharge cycles with that battery and compare again?

My experience with handphone batteries is one can only tell the good ones from the bad ones after some recharge cycles. I had some batteries which gave good performance initially and then couldn't hold full charge only after 20 recharge cycle or so.

Little point if the good sound you can get will only last 20 recharges. Then you end up with 10+ pcs GS3 lying in your desk drawer.

Jun 20, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #6,210 of 14,084

I am listening right now and can not believe the difference...Mine are made in Korea...

Hold on...what ever happened to the often mentioned, but never tried, Made in Japan Samsung batteries? I thought they were supposed to be the 'best' ones? Has anyone actually auditioned one of those? I mean if they are hard to get a hold of it probably means they are the best ones...you know: rarest is probably best-ist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back