DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #5,957 of 14,084

Pretty much true. Very few Apple computers there in relation to Microsoft based. Just the way it is. I have a Mac but I can always get Parallels and run windows or do Boot camp but I would go with Parallels and most likely will pretty soon. 

Parallels and VMware works like a charm. You can even setup your VMs so that apps on Windows behave like a native MacOS app. Unfortunately, iBasso's 32 bit USB DAC driver doesn't work at least on Windows XP when I tried. But i was able to switch back and fort between FW versions flawlessly.

Virtual Box is completely free and is a good alternative. But it still has issues with USB devices. It still does not support USB 3.0

there's also crossover, which is a commercialized version of wine, and which allows you to run many [but not all] windows programs on a mac- it uses the win32 api to create a "bottle" for your program, instead of a whole virtualized machine, i haven't tried it in this application, but i think there's a free trial for it, and it might be worth a look to keep things even simpler.

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #5,958 of 14,084
  there's also crossover, which is a commercialized version of wine, and which allows you to run many [but not all] windows programs on a mac- it uses the win32 api to create a "bottle" for your program, instead of a whole virtualized machine, i haven't tried it in this application, but i think there's a free trial for it, and it might be worth a look to keep things even simpler.

Nah I tried it. You are most likely to run into compatibility issues especially interacting with USB devices. You will have to test each application and you will end up doing individual configuration which is a big headache. Also It's not virtualization. It's an instruction set translator which has performance penalties.

Full virtualize platform is the way to go. Newer processors have specific registers/instruction code for which virtualization takes advantage of.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #5,959 of 14,084
Hi

My dex 90 has only 3.5 to 4 hours of autonomy is this normal?
and also skip button dosent work properly ,when i skip the song it pause the player ,wieard

Does anyone else have this problem?

thx
confused.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #5,963 of 14,084
I ordered one the other day, just contacted Amazon, and they are refunding 20 dollars. Thanks for posting the deal, I would have never known!

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #5,966 of 14,084
I use O2 to drive my Beyer T1. I'm pretty sure it should be more than enough to drive HD600 with authority with a little more juice to spare. You should hear the DX90's dual DAC in it's full glory. O2 won't stand on it's way.

I was about to buy the 02 but Im thinking if the sound improvement will still be noticeable. :/ what can you say about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back