DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #3,781 of 14,084
Quote:

BTW do you guys realise the DX90 is louder than the DX50? I usually listen around 150 with the DX50, but now I only use around 145 with the DX90.

At first I thought it was just my hearing, but I found the DX90 to be slightly louder than the DX50 on the same volume.

DX90 increased the voltage in both low and mid gain (LO as well) so obviously it will sound louder compared to DX50. Use an SPL Meter to verify it.

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #3,784 of 14,084
@headwhacker how do your Roxanne sound with the dx90?

Mine were sent in for a refit.

I am resisting giving detailed impression yet because I want to let DX90 sink in to me for a little while. But the immediate noticeable effect on Roxanne is the much precise imaging and the clean/black background. Not sure yet how the detail/texture differs with DX50+Rockbox.

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #3,787 of 14,084
The wait is finally over, received my DX90 about 2hrs ago and on a Sunday! Very impress with the implementation. To my ears and my music preferences, a much better sounding DAP than DX50 when I played some of my favorite tracks- Eric Clapton Unplugged, Best of Steely Dan, Uriah Heep Look at Yourself and a couple of Fleetwood Mac. Burning it now..

Thank you Jamato for your excellent reviews.

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #3,788 of 14,084
The wait is finally over, received my DX90 about 2hrs ago and on a Sunday! Very impress with the implementation. To my ears and my music preferences, a much better sounding DAP than DX50 when I played some of my favorite tracks- Eric Clapton Unplugged, Best of Steely Dan, Uriah Heep Look at Yourself and a couple of Fleetwood Mac. Burning it now..

Congrats, I thought DHL don't eliver on Sundays and PH.

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #3,790 of 14,084

You are welcome. I am glad so many are enjoying the dap. It is all about the music and to me, this is a great investment. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #3,791 of 14,084

I also experience this issue.  The sound will randomly fade out for a couple of seconds in the middle of a song, then fade back in.  I am using the SanDisk Ultra 64 GB for my micro SD card.

Interesting. So I am not the only one
bigsmile_face.gif
  Do you have anything else on your card? What kind of files are on your SD card? How was it formatted? I reformatted my new card and only have FLAC files on them now. Trying that out to see if it makes a difference. Looks like this is not a common problem, otherwise we would be hearing more about it.

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #3,792 of 14,084
  Not sure if anyone already mentioned this, iBasso is going to release the Windows driver for USB DAC in the next 10 days.

Cool.  I'll probably take the plunge once it is confirmed that 64 bit driver is working in windows as I am eager to try it out with my Beta 22 amp and the LCD.  Also my CIEM on the go.  I'm leaning toward the 90 more since I'm hearing great reviews, and looks to be favoring 90, and some are saying it's better than AK120 helps too.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #3,794 of 14,084

Interesting. So I am not the only one
bigsmile_face.gif
  Do you have anything else on your card? What kind of files are on your SD card? How was it formatted? I reformatted my new card and only have FLAC files on them now. Trying that out to see if it makes a difference. Looks like this is not a common problem, otherwise we would be hearing more about it.

My card is formatted in exFAT.  I have nothing on my card but directories full of a mixture of MP3 and FLAC.  I'll try reformatting my card too and see if it helps... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back