DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #2,956 of 14,084
Still at shipping info received on my end. Using F5 every 10 minutes doesn't help either.

Perhaps do it every 5 minutes and see if it helps.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #2,959 of 14,084
I did not know you bought one, I thought you were totally happy with your DX50.
beerchug.gif

I am very happy with the DX50 but the DX90 will most likely sound noticeably better without giving up the perfect form factor and UI that is the DX50. No-brainer for me.

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #2,965 of 14,084
  Got a text from DHL. Need to pay 3.60GBP for tax duty & handling charges.

I am not complaining. 
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: I am UK based btw

This is why requesting EMS is better, you are less likely to incur any charges. On the plus side it will get delivered by RM or Parcelforce and not DHL. So if you miss the delivery it's easy to go and pick it up. 

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #2,967 of 14,084
You sir, are one loyal citizen of Denmark :D  :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure @sorensiim won't agree with you, he would call me a snitch but I am just rendering the country a huge economic service. :D

Any thoughts on the X5? SQ and comparisons.

He can't help you there he was not on the beta pig FiiO list. :cool:

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #2,968 of 14,084
I am pretty sure @sorensiim won't agree with you, he would call me a snitch but I am just rendering the country a huge economic service.
biggrin.gif

He can't help you there he was not on the beta pig FiiO list.
cool.gif

No, but yours was and the review was almost 5 stars for the X5.

"In Conclusion:
Pros:
Outstanding build, easily navigable interface, loads of extra goodies.
Sound reproduction is fantastic; exceptional sound quality, clear, airy neutral and non-fatiguing.
No need for an amp, truly portable and friendly with headphones and iems. The hi-res on this player is a joy if you love details you are in for a treat.
Easy navigable user interface, can be operated with one hand (did it and did not drop it).
Option based feature selections instead of hardware (e.g. gain).

Cons:
I don’t see that many cons but if I have to pick a few the user interface do need some tuning to allow for a smoother scrolling using the album/artist/genre Library features and the next levels that the interface should tackle, for example once artist is selected, album would be displayed then one can pick an album to play instead of all songs from the artist (that is my preference, may vary with other members). A last one would be to get a flawless scan and somewhat more tolerant of file naming and tag info. I truly find that a player which can handle directory and library browsing is more useful than one that does not. I also found myself turning the player on/off with just the friction of it on my inner wall pocket, not a desirable thing that explains most likely why the lock screen option 1 is available.

In Summary I would definitively classify the player as one of near reference. I don’t want to over emphasize the player but I have to say its implementation is impeccable. You will certainly gain from playing hi-res music playback but yet will provide a great performance for better recorded lower res files. I can say with confidence that you will not regret purchasing this player."

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #2,970 of 14,084
I am pretty sure @sorensiim won't agree with you, he would call me a snitch but I am just rendering the country a huge economic service.
biggrin.gif

Don't worry, they get their share. We hold the world record for highest tax pressure on the planet. Add to that 25% sales tax on everything, additional taxes on alcohol, sugar, tobacco, gas, power... anything really. My favorite is the 180% (ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY PERCENT) tax on cars. Well at least we also have weather like the British. No wonder there's no civil wars here, who the hell would fight over this place? 
biggrin.gif

By the way, just got a text from DHL - my DX90 will arrive tomorrow. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back