DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 12, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #2,702 of 14,084
Give me little more time for sound impression.
USB-DAC seems to be appear on the option menu. To switch from storage mode to dac mode. Need to get back home and try whether it is working or not.
There is a rescan library button which means you dont need to taking the microsd in and out for scanning.
The 3 main button still have some input lag.

Update:
The USB-DAC function is not working due to driver problem. Maybe it's my problem. I've sent a email to ibasso. Hope getting reply soon.
Promise of picture of the dx90. I'm not a photographer.

I think they said they will release a FW update later to enable the USB-DAC function.

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #2,703 of 14,084
  I think they said they will release a FW update later to enable the USB-DAC function.

The firmware has DAC function already. My computer can detect the DX90 with a different form(instead of mass storage). But the driver is missing.

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #2,704 of 14,084
Give me little more time for sound impression.
USB-DAC seems to be appear on the option menu. To switch from storage mode to dac mode. Need to get back home and try whether it is working or not.
There is a rescan library button which means you dont need to taking the microsd in and out for scanning.
The 3 main button still have some input lag.

Update:
The USB-DAC function is not working due to driver problem. Maybe it's my problem. I've sent a email to ibasso. Hope getting reply soon.
Promise of picture of the dx90. I'm not a photographer.

Thanks I was going to ask about some photos and not to worry most of us are not good photographers anyway.

The USB function not working I am wondering if the firmware is still not able to handle it and those guys have yet to release it. If that's the case that's a real shame. This has been promised months ago for the DX50 and my understanding was it would be available for the DX90 on release.

The X5 needed a driver on the PC I think that's the missing piece. Also there should be an option on the DX90 to switch it from storage to USB dac, if not then it's truly missing.

That I would believe, it can't work unless you have the option to switch it firmware wise else how is it going to know if you want storage or USB dac access?

The firmware has DAC function already. My computer can detect the DX90 with a different form(instead of mass storage). But the driver is missing.

Your photo shows mass storage access not USB DAC connectivity.

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #2,705 of 14,084
Your photo shows mass storage access not USB DAC connectivity.

Sorry for confusing, the picture was taken when I was transferring some songs from my computer.
The firmware does have the Storage/DAC option in the menu. When the Usb is connected, the screen on the DX90 will shown as DAC instead USB connected.

The DSD playback is the same as dx50. Cant detect .dff files. Only .dsf is supported. And it is not native playback as expected.

God.. its pretty difficult for me to type the impression. Poor English level sucks. I'll try having a brief comparison with the dx50.

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #2,706 of 14,084
Listening to my dx90...
I can finally leave my portable amp at home..

Congrats on being first to receive. Is that with your Nobles?
I have the W40s, very similar to W4s, have you had a listen with the Westones?

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #2,707 of 14,084
'Shipping' to Europe or States got me thinking, do they transport parcels via special freight planes, or does cargo go in with the passenger flights?
(Please don't say Paddle Steamer as the word shipping makes me nervous :wink: )

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #2,708 of 14,084
Well, I decided to go for this one, it won't be worse than the DX50... I hope. So I can at least sell the DX50 and move up to the DX90.
It will be some time for the order to come in I guess so hopefully the FW updates will come along to smooth things out.

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #2,709 of 14,084
Sorry for confusing, the picture was taken when I was transferring some songs from my computer.
The firmware does have the Storage/DAC option in the menu. When the Usb is connected, the screen on the DX90 will shown as [COLOR=FF0000]DAC[/COLOR] instead [COLOR=FF0000]USB connected[/COLOR].

The DSD playback is the same as dx50. Cant detect .dff files. Only .dsf is supported. And it is not native playback as expected.

God.. its pretty difficult for me to type the impression. Poor English level sucks. I'll try having a brief comparison with the dx50.

No problem, just use your words so far it's good no complain. I sent iBasso an email about the DAC functionality so if there is any software piece needed they'll let me know.

Too bad you don't have a Mac, it does not need a driver it should work right away, at least the X5 did.

Now on your PC you can't see it in the list of inputs from the sound control panel?

'Shipping' to Europe or States got me thinking, do they transport parcels via special freight planes, or does cargo go in with the passenger flights?
(Please don't say Paddle Steamer as the word shipping makes me nervous :wink: )

Can't be boat :D

Well, I decided to go for this one, it won't be worse than the DX50... I hope. So I can at least sell the DX50 and move up to the DX90.
It will be some time for the order to come in I guess so hopefully the FW updates will come along to smooth things out.

Good luck :wink: Beta pig team member :beerchug:

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #2,710 of 14,084
The firmware does have the Storage/DAC option in the menu. When the Usb is connected, the screen on the DX90 will shown as DAC instead USB connected.

Hey, I dont mind translating Chinese to English for you 
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #2,711 of 14,084
Just a brief impression. 
The internal amp is a huge step up from dx50.
Zero, or very tiny little hiss using high gain with my Noble K10.
The bass impact is good, with nice details and depth.
Mids are pretty neutral, not as warm as dx50.
Highs are amazing. The missing bite and sparkle from dx50 is now presence in dx90.
The clarity is good due to good resolving power of the new chips.

Still need more time with the magical player..

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #2,713 of 14,084
Just a brief impression. 
The internal amp is a huge step up from dx50.
Zero, or very tiny little hiss using high gain with my Noble K10.
The bass impact is good, with nice details and depth.
Mids are pretty neutral, not as warm as dx50.
Highs are amazing. The missing bite and sparkle from dx50 is now presence in dx90.
The clarity is good due to good resolving power of the new chips.

Still need more time with the magical player..

Thanks nice to hear, I would suggest you plug the burn-in cable it's bound to get better. When I used the DX50 first few hours it sounded like tin can sound but got better few hours later and felt I had full resolution by roughly 40 hours later (listening time).

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #2,714 of 14,084

Congrats on being first to receive. Is that with your Nobles?
I have the W40s, very similar to W4s, have you had a listen with the Westones?

When I have time I will try it with my w4r. 

The FW is good enough for daily use. It's pretty much the same as the DX50. But the speed of scrolling, scanning is much better than dx50.

Quote:
  Hey, I dont mind translating Chinese to English for you 
wink.gif

Ha I've type some brief impression already but I have the out for a dinner first. Maybe some more update tomorrow.

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #2,715 of 14,084
Got reply from ibasso( Wow that is real fast.)

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
The USB driver is not ready.  We are now working on it.  We should able to release the driver very soon.
Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back