DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 13, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #11,298 of 14,084
There is a blank 16MB block left INFRONT of the exFAT partition. This card will work with no issue.

The purpose of this block is to align the file system to the SD card erase block size. Unaligned file system may cause at least performance problems.
It's up to you to fix this if wanting a better Microsoft compatibility.

iBasso does not write exFAT driver, but uses one from Android. So, the real solution is to use aforementioned SD card formatting tool.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #11,299 of 14,084
I bought a 64 Gb Samsung card, formatted exam witness win, no quick format,and never had issues

I believe you didn't try to re-partition it! If CutzNClickz's finding is right, the problem is with partitioning, not formatting of the partition. And, as such, it may happen with any other (vFAT, NTFS, ext2...) file system, not only with exFAT.

Let me explain a bit of technical details.

A flash card can be erased only by large enough blocks, so that even if you need to change only one byte, you have to read the whole block that contains this byte, erase the block and then write its changed content back.

Now, what happens if the start of the file system (=partition) is not a start of the erase block? It exactly means that a file system driver that works only inside the partition can't do any writes! It has to deal with some data outside the partition to erase the first block!

So, again, if CutzNClickz's finding is right, the problem can't be fixed without changes to Linux (Android is built over Linux) file system driver model.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #11,301 of 14,084

I believe you didn't try to re-partition it! If CutzNClickz's finding is right, the problem is with partitioning, not formatting of the partition.

I think that exFAT (in case) is a _standard_... why we talks about partitioning or formatting. And "formatting" as I understand  - is not "formatting" only, but and repartition also. Delete partition, create new, format it.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #11,302 of 14,084

I believe you didn't try to re-partition it! If CutzNClickz's finding is right, the problem is with partitioning, not formatting of the partition.

I think that exFAT (in case) is a _standard_... why we talks about partitioning or formatting. 

Because partitioning and formatting of a partition are two different entities. I've edited my post above with more details.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #11,303 of 14,084
  And by another words, are you had any problems with your card(s) in the 2.1.5, or you formatted it without stockable "win-routine"?

I have 128GB SanDisk flash card that was correctly partitioned and formatted out of the box.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #11,305 of 14,084
  About editing the posts - me too :)
But it's so strange if your card correclty worked with previous FW and (your words) give some reboots with new.

Please don't create a mess from very separate issues!

And "formatting" as I understand  - is not "formatting" only, but and repartition also.

You are wrong here. A partition can be formatted and re-formatted to any file system. It just a matter to update one byte of the FS code in the partition table after formatting. Moreover, an SD card, like HDD, may have several partitions formatted with different file systems, also including chains of extended partitions.

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #11,306 of 14,084

You are wrong here. A partition can be formatted and re-formatted to any file system. It just a matter to update one byte of the FS code in the partition table after formatting. Moreover, an SD card, like HDD, may have several partitions formatted with different file systems, also including chains of extended partitions.

But as I see it'll be a very useful feauture - to have a "format function" of the card in the DX90. As it's in any photo or video gadgets, just sorry for example.

And according to your words about several partitions and their chains... DX90 must understand the exFAT. That's all! Without any influences from "chains". IMO.

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #11,307 of 14,084
  As it's in any photo or video gadgets, just sorry for example.

Most of formatters in the gadgets are ill-written and better to avoid them. Including one that is provided with Android itself.

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #11,309 of 14,084
Dear colleagues, could you (if there are some ingeneers but not only listeners) could you test the headphone output (only this) of DX90 about its linearity with 2.1.5 and vs the 2.1.8? With the same impedance course.
I must repeat - the bass in 2.1.8 is so hard for me. Tested the 2.1.8 just now again :frowning2:

Thanks in advanse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back