DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Aug 26, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #8,012 of 14,084
  has anyone tried this battery?

http://www.amazon.com/T-Mobile-U-S-Cellular-EB-L1G6LLU-18-Month-Warranty/dp/B00A44JSFK/

Sure, I use them in my phones and have a couple for the DX90. I like the real Samsung better but the Anker is a decent battery. 

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #8,013 of 14,084
  Sure, I use them in my phones and have a couple for the DX90. I like the real Samsung better but the Anker is a decent battery. 

Thanks, I ordered one to try. I had bad luck with the Samsung, luck of the draw I guess. I was surprised the sound improved with the Samsung battery, just doesn't last. long flights soon.

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #8,014 of 14,084

Thanks, I ordered one to try. I had bad luck with the Samsung, luck of the draw I guess. I was surprised the sound improved with the Samsung battery, just doesn't last. long flights soon.

I use two Samsung batteries I soldered in parallel. Works great. I get normal life out of my single Samsung purchased from eBay and made in Korea. 

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #8,015 of 14,084
Lurker0 optimized 2.10 FW
HiFiman RE-400 (just got them  today.....replaces Miles Davis Tribute original)
New original Samsung battery from Amazon....ordered 2 days ago.....got today (made in China)
lowest gain setting

very happy camper!

Aug 27, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #8,016 of 14,084
Yeah it acts up sometimes. I got it to work, but sometimes it randomly stops working then I have to do stuff like switch to storage then back to DAC mode, use the usb 3.0 instead of the 2.0 vice versa, change the cables. Also had to make sure the programs have ibasso as the default device

Hopefully ibasso comes out with the finished version soon.

Pfiuu, I'm not the only one with DAC problems - it worked nice and suddenly do not want to work anymore. Happy to see it's not a hardware problem.

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #8,018 of 14,084
Yeah...I hope iBasso get their **** together and release a working driver for x64.  I heard that if you use DX90 as a DAC, there is a sound delay when watching videos?  Can someone confirm this? Because that seriously blows.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #8,019 of 14,084
Yeah...I hope iBasso get their **** together and release a working driver for x64.  I heard that if you use DX90 as a DAC, there is a sound delay when watching videos?  Can someone confirm this? Because that seriously blows.

Yep. There's a small delay and it totally ruins the watching experience. I heard some players like hulu will auto sync though. Don't take my word for it though since I don't use hulu.

I don't think it'll be impossible for them to fix it though since fiio got it right for the most part.

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #8,020 of 14,084
Yep. There's a small delay and it totally ruins the watching experience. I heard some players like hulu will auto sync though. Don't take my word for it though since I don't use hulu.

I don't think it'll be impossible for them to fix it though since fiio got it right for the most part.

But here is huge different!!! Fiio have XMOS chip (with clock etc.) - it is HW based streaming to I2S over USB (like iBasso D7 and many other USB DACs). DX90 have not implemented any chip and clock for this. iBasso want make audio streming over standart USB communication. And it is big problem with synchronization and stability. It is impossible make bit perfect real time playing. And buffering data make sound delay.
One reason why I buy DX90 was USB DAC, but when I discover, that have no HW for this, I was little frustrated. Maybe iBasso will make drivers, what will be stable and with acceptable delay, but it is difficult.
It is reason, why I write in history, that I want DX90 V2 with Coax In instead Coax Out :D It is very simple and with 100% compatibility for all devices without any drivers.

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #8,021 of 14,084

But here is huge different!!! Fiio have XMOS chip (with clock etc.) - it is HW based streaming to I2S over USB (like iBasso D7 and many other USB DACs). DX90 have not implemented any chip and clock for this. iBasso want make audio streming over standart USB communication. And it is big problem with synchronization and stability. It is impossible make bit perfect real time playing. And buffering data make sound delay.
One reason why I buy DX90 was USB DAC, but when I discover, that have no HW for this, I was little frustrated. Maybe iBasso will make drivers, what will be stable and with acceptable delay, but it is difficult.
It is reason, why I write in history, that I want DX90 V2 with Coax In instead Coax Out
biggrin.gif
It is very simple and with 100% compatibility for all devices without any drivers.

Im no pro, but as far as I understand, I2S protocol is the standard audio protocol used between CPU and DAC? Or between CPU and USB hub, then transferred to kind of usb protocol? 
Should ask the guys over at computeraudiophile forum, but AFAIK there is no digital sound without some kind of I2S. I think the usb hub of a USB Dac sends the digital info to the DAC chip in I2S also... So a I2S DAC, one that is inside the device (like listening to the dx90 with headphones) is the most bitperfect you can get...am I wrong here? 

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #8,022 of 14,084
Received my DX90 earlier today and loaded the Lurker V2 International Firmware..
RockUSB tool doesnt seem to work any more (at least for me), had to use the move file into internal storage way to update

After a whole month without decent music quality, I am now in tears.. no kidding!! But this is AWESOME! 
atsmile.gif
 (Burson SL + LCD2.2)

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #8,023 of 14,084
I2S is like SPDIF. XMOS chip directly converted data and clocked (over external clock) to I2S format, that is connected direct to DAC chip (example WM8740 DAC in Fiio X5 - see on pdf, there is I2S input). It is pure HW path without using CPU in player.
You are not wrong. Yes, in DX90 is too internaly data transfer in I2S to DAC chip (from CPU). But USB Hub not convert to I2S. USB Hub send data to CPU in player. Here are processed and send to DAC. But in CPU can be processing of data affected by other system threads. You need very optimised it, when You want use small buffer (for small delay) - it is what is difficult.

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #8,025 of 14,084
  Couple of pics from my phone.
DX90, Fiio IC (to be replaced), Silver DIY Cable made by a friend, JH7

Nice picture there~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back