DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jun 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #6,376 of 14,084
  I've had the GR10 for quite a long time now, and it's been my go-to IEM for a large part of that time. It's recently been displaced by a few additions to the collections. One of them (the JVC FX-850) also provided the opportunity to try the JVC Spiral Dots tips on the GR10. All I can say is: to all those that feel that the GR10 are somewhat lacking in bass, switching tips to the JVC spiral dots ones helps, IMHO, quite a lot 
wink.gif

Thanks for the tip geagle :) do you know anywhere i can buy them in the UK/EU. i saw some on ebay from Japan but they were $50 !!

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #6,378 of 14,084
I have read some really positive reviews and comments for the new 1.5.0 fw on the DX50

Will we see the same type of improvements on the DX90 anytime soon , is there a new fw coming out ? or it was exclusive to the Wolfson.

can someone with both the players compare the new 1.5.0 DX50 with the 2.0.5 DX90.

The improvements in the 1.5.0 DX50 actually narrow down the 2 in terms od sq ? is it so

Jun 25, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #6,379 of 14,084
   Thanks for the tip geagle :) do you know anywhere i can buy them in the UK/EU. i saw some on ebay from Japan but they were $50 !!

Nooe, unfortunately… your best bet, IMO, would be to set up an account on Tenso, then shop on Amazon.co.jp… it's also a great way to possibly get a few other things which are much easier/cheaper sourced in Japan… You may PM me, if you'd like some more info (also so as not to hijack a thread which should be dedicated to other stuff)

Jun 25, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #6,380 of 14,084
Sorry for me asking, but has there been a comparison between the Korea/Korea and the Japan/China battery? My current one is a China/China one and I want to get one more but I'd like to try the community favorite to compare against mine.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #6,381 of 14,084
  Sorry for me asking, but has there been a comparison between the Korea/Korea and the Japan/China battery? My current one is a China/China one and I want to get one more but I'd like to try the community favorite to compare against mine.

We were hoping jamato8 was going to check out the Japanese made batteries, but unfortunately he 'shot-his-wad' buying up fistfulls of Korean batteries, so now we are all confused wondering about the 'missing link' the Japanese (Wonder?) battery....
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #6,383 of 14,084
Yeah, I've spotted a second hand Korean battery which I want to try against my fully Chinese battery. Just for fun and I want a second battery since the Samsung batteries do sound a lot better than the Pisen one. Didn't hear anything about the hyperion battery though.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #6,384 of 14,084
  Yeah, I've spotted a second hand Korean battery which I want to try against my fully Chinese battery. Just for fun and I want a second battery since the Samsung batteries do sound a lot better than the Pisen one. Didn't hear anything about the hyperion battery though.

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Extended-Compatible-GT-i9300-Packaging/dp/B008GWIVTQ

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #6,387 of 14,084
Send me the Japanese version and I will add it to the collection. :^)

It would be nice to find the Japanese version at a reasonable price. So far I am very happy with the made in Korea cell and find it is well worth the minimal investment. More of an improvement than most anything else I have tried. 

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #6,388 of 14,084

Well, I liked my first Japan/China battery a lot.  So I went and looked in the other stands in HK SSP area selling used batteries and found 3 more, all from mid to late 2012, and seeing as they were only HK$60 each, I bought them all.  So I now have 4 Japan/China, and 1 Korea/China, and 1 Korea/Vietnam.  But no Korea/Korea!!  So I can't compare against the Korea/Korea battery.  But of the ones I have, the Japan/China sounds noticeably better than all the rest.  An open, almost live sound.  So within the 4 Japan/China batteries, one of them stands out more.  While all 4 are good, given a choice of which one to use, I have one that is the best of the lot, 2 that follow closely, and 1 that is good, if I did not have the other 3 to compare with. 

I'm actually a bit apprehensive of what the final result will be.  If the Korea battery winds up being appreciably better, I already know that I have not seen any of them around.  And would then covet getting one.  Now,  if the Japan/China one turns out to be the better one, then I would be quite happy, seeing as how I have enough of those now.

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #6,390 of 14,084
I think, that Samsung Japan/China batteries was first production until end of 2012.
Here is one Ebay seller, that sell Japan/China batteries:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-ORIGINAL-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S3-GT-i9300-i9305-BATTERY-EB-L1G6LLU-BULK-PACK-/181435950390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a3e6ce536

Users who are viewing this thread

Back