DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #4,803 of 14,084
Some good news for all of you.
Official word from iBasso.

Hi,
We will release the first driver in this week.
Yes, the DX90 will be charge by USB while using the DAC function.
Sincerely
iBasso Audio

At least they are on the progress.

May 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #4,805 of 14,084
Or lowering the output impedance. I bought the DX90 so I could do away with amplifiers. The 3ohm output impedance of my AK120 wasn't bad with my IEMs but adding an amp did help. As much as fancy cables and portable stacks appeal to me aesthetically, I find it a pain in the backside to carry two boxes around when one will suffice.

Yes this is another reason for adding an amp.  I don't see any reason for this for Fiio though as they are known for creating very low output impedance DAPs.  

Yes, unfortunately Ak still has around 3~4 output impedance they could have lowered, but I think their internal amp had to be pretty clean still since I've heard one of the best sounds with them with the UERM.  So, adding an amp was better for AK?  That's interesting.

May 11, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #4,806 of 14,084
  The price fluctuates greatly. I ordered one from Amazon about a month ago but waited until the then post $200 cost came down to $119. I see that it is now back up at $189. So hang on, the price will again be reduced. Not certain what the drivers are for such a change in price, but it does change pretty dramatically.

In this case, different supplier…. when it was $119, it was supplied by Amazon (who is out of stock ATM), while this is supplied by Terrapin Wholesale, and fulfilled by Amazon… 

May 11, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #4,807 of 14,084
  Yes this is another reason for adding an amp.  I don't see any reason for this for Fiio though as they are known for creating very low output impedance DAPs.  

Yes, unfortunately Ak still has around 3~4 output impedance they could have lowered, but I think their internal amp had to be pretty clean still since I've heard one of the best sounds with them with the UERM.  So, adding an amp was better for AK?  That's interesting.

The effect of a high output impedance may sound good or bad to any listener. But the point is the signal your are getting is not the actual signal. It will also the amount of power the source can deliver to the load.

May 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #4,810 of 14,084

Yes, it happened to couple of us initially. I reformatted my SD card and it hasn't happened since. Try re scanning your SD card also. This seem to help some folks.

Weird things can happen during playback if you have a corrupted data. To save you time just delete the .audio_data folder on the SD card and rescan so you don't have to reformat the card and copy the files again.

May 11, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #4,811 of 14,084
I have yet to have a playback issue. All of my flacks however were ripped from my cd collection with dbpoweramp.

Looking forward to the windows driver, does anyone know if 64bit will be released this week?

May 11, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #4,812 of 14,084
Update: I decided to pull the trigger on the DX90 and bought it from mp4nation with the discount code yesterday.

Guys who recently bought the DX90 from mp4nation, how're your orders going? Had expected them to be shipped out today but my order status at mp4nation now shows "backorder" and this certainly doesn't bode well.. It's kinda weird that when i placed my order the item was In stock, and even right now, the DX90 is still in stock on the webpage..

May 11, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #4,813 of 14,084
  Update: I decided to pull the trigger on the DX90 and bought it from mp4nation with the discount code yesterday.

Guys who recently bought the DX90 from mp4nation, how're your orders going? Had expected them to be shipped out today but my order status at mp4nation now shows "backorder" and this certainly doesn't bode well.. It's kinda weird that when i placed my order the item was In stock, and even right now, the DX90 is still in stock on the webpage..

I had to waite 4 days for shipping, on that note its beening delivered today.

May 12, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #4,815 of 14,084
  I had to waite 4 days for shipping, on that note its beening delivered today.

If they're indeed out of stock for the dx90, I think I'd have to wait a lot more than 4 days for shipping.. 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back