DX80 Purist Firmware Modification - For purist audiophiles
Mar 5, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #76 of 134
I found that the new modded 1.3.3 firmware was overly bright and also required far greater power for the same listening levels as the stock 1.3.3. I tried 2 downloads with the same results. Finally gave up and went back to the stock v.1.3.3.

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #77 of 134
Adding gaplass wouldn't make it purist. As I explained before it needs to buffer and mixing to stream between track seemlessly. What to do.....

New FW should make the source be revealing than before. It may consume little more battery for leveraging GPU rendering using mali and stuff to improve audio performance. I added this part from completed FW mod for HW modded DX80.

Truth be told, stock DX80/90 sounds badly bright from op-amp selections. Additional tweaks may make you hate DX80 more if you aren't bright sound lover. Maybe I should remove my stuff and just keep it purist.

Regards,
Windows X

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #78 of 134
I found that the new modded 1.3.3 firmware was overly bright and also required far greater power for the same listening levels as the stock 1.3.3. I tried 2 downloads with the same results. Finally gave up and went back to the stock v.1.3.3.

After listening to a few other albums I think I agree with you. Cymbals and hi hats become too sharp and bright. I think I initially mistook this extra brightness as being a more revealing sound. I think I'll switch back too. But thanks to WindowsX for providing these alternatives.

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #79 of 134
  Adding gaplass wouldn't make it purist. As I explained before it needs to buffer and mixing to stream between track seemlessly. What to do.....

New FW should make the source be revealing than before. It may consume little more battery for leveraging GPU rendering using mali and stuff to improve audio performance. I added this part from completed FW mod for HW modded DX80.

Truth be told, stock DX80/90 sounds badly bright from op-amp selections. Additional tweaks may make you hate DX80 more if you aren't bright sound lover. Maybe I should remove my stuff and just keep it purist.

Regards,
Windows X

I love your FW's SQ more than official and other three party FW~ 
Please also continue to do in the future!!
Windows X, Thank you very much~~

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #81 of 134
After finishing Calyx M firmware update along with iBasso firmwares for my customers, I think I'll as well apply some changes that can be put in public firmware. Here's the changelog for this update.

-Bring back Gaplass playback as requested
-Improve graphic rendering performance

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l62r941sxpmfcua

Regards,
Windows X

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #82 of 134
After finishing Calyx M firmware update along with iBasso firmwares for my customers, I think I'll as well apply some changes that can be put in public firmware. Here's the changelog for this update.

-Bring back Gaplass playback as requested
-Improve graphic rendering performance

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l62r941sxpmfcua

Regards,
Windows X

Many many thanx~

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #83 of 134
With pleasure. :)

Regards,
Windows X

Apr 17, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #87 of 134
I'm visiting my parents right now and will be back to my home on 25th April. Sadly, I didn't bring my DX80 files so you'll have to wait until then.

Regards,
Windows X

May 3, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #90 of 134
gs1000.gif
 Support and waiting for Windows X 's FW v1.4.2 !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back