DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 14, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #257 of 1,212
My experience with db scanning (assortment from different daps from multiple brands I have had):

1. Remove all non music/cover art files/folder (e.g. .nomedia .xyx from android phones, .spotlight .trash etc from MacOS, any hidden/tmp files from windows, etc etc you get the idea)

2. Disable auto sleep timer as some players (dx50 included) would shutdown even the scan isn't completed

3. Avoid tags with chars mixed encoding (e.g. chinese+jap)

4. Avoid custom tags esp those from torrent sites that are tagged in some custom fields that promote their websites etc

5. Avoid having large (500x500 pixel or more) cocer art embedded

6. Avoid mixing file name encoded in different char encoding

7. Avoid having too many directory levels on the card or very long directory/filenames

8. Avoid formatting large capacity cards from exFAT to FAT32

Hope these helps.

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #259 of 1,212
Is it just me or is the treble more rolled off after the update? It sounds more neutral now. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #260 of 1,212
fingers crossed we may have a couple more fixes in the next few days :)

I've sent ibasso id3/metadata from tracks experiencing the apostrophe problem - so hopefully that will be cleared up

amongst other things they're looking at the returning scroll point issue as well

if these 2 were fixed for me i'd be an even more happy chappy

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #261 of 1,212
I finally joined the family and took the plunge, not without the sweat. The first 1/2 hour maybe less I was going back to day one with the new firmware then telling myself not those annoying highs again, seems that everything was pushed up in the frequency band. I started regretting the upgrade and told myself what have I done? But then the dap came back to that sweet spot I had before, by the way not that I had that many problem before because I followed all the other gracious head-fiers recommendations and that truly stabilized the dap. To be honest, it's not perfect firmware upgrade by any means but we will be getting there eventually, the famous patience has it's virtue applies here too.

For the moment this dap is pleasing me more than I initially anticipated.

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #262 of 1,212
What happened to the playlist option in this picture? 
UI.jpg

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #264 of 1,212
UI.jpg

there are also a couple of things from the top left picture I would like to see....

1) battery % indicator
2) where it says "classic" I think this is the EQ option selected and IMO would be a nice touch to see as well

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #265 of 1,212
UI.jpg

It was mentioned in one of the threads that iBasso has advised the Playlist is in development and it may be a month before that is implemented. That said, some of the code must already exist as at one point today, pressing the album icon revealed a submenu which included an add to playlist button.

I emailed them about the compilation album showing multi album icons for each artist, the continuing apostrophe problem and a few other niggles and they replied saying all current issues will be fixed in a new revision of the firmware to be release don Monday or Tuesday.

Let's hope so because I think the SQ is outstanding and giving both my RWAK100 and DX100 a run for the money. When this UI is fixed, it might be interesting to see what DAPs suddenly hit the for sale sites.

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #268 of 1,212
Hmm it seems that iBasso will release another hotfix on Monday/Tuesday.
Well, let's see what improvements we will get this time :wink:

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #269 of 1,212
  Playing with ADB and DX50 for a whole day, my first android device. I was able to install CWM recovery, take full backup of v1 firmware, also able to restore original recovery console.

That is encouraging.  Would appreciate if you can later share a HOWTO or even better if  you can cross post this onto XDA so we can get more folks into working on some nightlies..... 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #270 of 1,212

That is encouraging.  Would appreciate if you can later share a HOWTO or even better if  you can cross post this onto XDA so we can get more folks into working on some nightlies..... 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sure. There are so many threads with related information and exact information for rk2928 chip. I will consolidate and update, surprised no one started hacking this gem! or atleast no one posted yet other than chip information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back