DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #3,107 of 3,609
Quote:

Sadly none of my current clothes have pockets, bar my winter coat, and it's too hot to be wearing that until November. I can't be the only one who lacks pockets?

I don't understand that. Pretty much every cloth I have, have pockets. Jeans, shorts etc. For the top, coats have plenty of pockets. I mean, you do wear some kind of trousers, jeans right? I didn't see any jeans without pockets. If you wear suits, even they have pockets.

However that being sad, I am planning to use my dap with small bag, so I can freely link it with a dap, hdd etc.

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3,108 of 3,609
Quote:

The mini coaxial spdif output is a digital transport, you need a 3.5mm to RCA cable (this is not really readily available, need to make one or have some cable guy make you one).....this is to output the digital data directly of the music.....so you would be connecting this to some receiver/preamp or DAC to feed to your home stereo.

The other option is a line out where you use the DX50's DAC and run that to your amplifier.

If the 3.5 coax output is coming from the DX50's internal DAC, you really should be able to just feed that straight into an amp, no?

Just like you would connect the output of an outboard DAC into an amp.  Unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible.

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #3,110 of 3,609
Quote:
If the 3.5 coax output is coming from the DX50's internal DAC, you really should be able to just feed that straight into an amp, no?

Just like you would connect the output of an outboard DAC into an amp.  Unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible.

I believe that the 3.5 coax is delivering out the digital signal before it reaches the DAC stage and is converted to analog. So, this would be using the DX50 as a "transport"/player by feeding the digital signal out to an external DAC.

Line Out would be using the DX50 DAC and then feeding the (now converted to analog) signal out to an external amplifier.

Headphone Out uses everything from the DX50 - DAC + amplifier.

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #3,111 of 3,609
Quote:

The mini Coaxial output on the DX50 (I'm assuming the same as the DX100) is a digital SPDIF signal.  There is nothing to amplify because it's a digital feed of your music bypassing the DX50 DAC.  You would need to convert that digital infornation using a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) before amplifying the signal for your speakers/headphones using an amp.  This option is to use the DX50 as a pure transport and nothing else, does not use the internal DAC or amp.

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #3,112 of 3,609
at first: i'm sorry and a bit offtopic ^^

now i understand the pocket-problem....

01.jpg

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #3,115 of 3,609
Quote:

The mini Coaxial output on the DX50 (I'm assuming the same as the DX100) is a digital SPDIF signal.  There is nothing to amplify because it's a digital feed of your music bypassing the DX50 DAC.  You would need to convert that digital infornation using a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) before amplifying the signal for your speakers/headphones using an amp.  This option is to use the DX50 as a pure transport and nothing else, does not use the internal DAC or amp.

Got it.

So that being said, is the line out balanced?  I would guess not.

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #3,116 of 3,609
Quote:

Got it.

No it isn't but you can always convert the unbalanced into a balanced signal by running it through a transformer to create both positive/negative phases of the signals.

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #3,117 of 3,609
Quote:

Got it.

No....single ended.  I don't think there is a DAP with a balanced out *yet*.  Usually people run a DAP to a portable DAC that has a balanced out to a portable amp that has balanced in and out to have a balanced rig on the go......I think it's pretty much overkill for the most part and don't hear much of a difference....but I've only tried going from DX100 single ended line out to ALO MK3-B balanced out to my headphone.

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #3,118 of 3,609
Quote:

No....single ended.  I don't think there is a DAP with a balanced out *yet*.  Usually people run a DAP to a portable DAC that has a balanced out to a portable amp that has balanced in and out to have a balanced rig on the go......I think it's pretty much overkill for the most part and don't hear much of a difference....but I've only tried going from DX100 single ended line out to ALO MK3-B balanced out to my headphone.

HM901 has balanced headphone out. You need to re-terminate your cables though, TRRS termination is needed I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back