DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #3,032 of 3,609
Quote:

....oh, about 2 to 300 more meaningless posts....give-or-take.

Yes, but how long will it take for there to be 2 to 300 more meaningless posts?

I have no maturity or patience; I simply must post, every 5 minutes, to ask how much longer it will be, or 'are we nearly there yet?', or 'how long is a piece of string?' (don't answer that one!)

You see, I haven't figured out yet that:

* Asking repeatedly doesn't make the DAP arrive quicker

* The parable about the 'blind leading the blind' is a famous one, with good reason

* NO ONE KNOWS how long it will take, until the first person actually RECEIVES their DAP.

* Continually fretting about the wait will not make the wait any shorter

* Patience is a virtue

Still, I'll check back here, and ask again, in 5 minutes, just to see if the situation has changed....

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #3,033 of 3,609
lol

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,034 of 3,609
everybody chips in 20dollars each to fly someone over to shengzhen for reporting the status and remediate the situation

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #3,035 of 3,609
Have you guys not got any other DAPs you can use?
Patience!

cool.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #3,037 of 3,609
==> they are damed to death without THIS dap ^^
no, ist like that: "i'am waiting for my brand new, extreme expensive car! But actually i can't moove! And those need someone telling them the useage (incl. manual) for a bridge-device calls FEEDS!
I'm waiting too (ok, without a actual ordering; in germany), but waiting on tests and messurements, because this device could be a great offer and everything else than these apple-toys... But the disscussions *203paged*  is  very VERY fun !
beerchug.gif

by the way... who wanna have a "oneofthefrist"-things?! (Ok, beyound dispute the world needs pioners! ) They are often far away from bugfree. I mean out of a actual non settled productionline (with these "child diseases" and you as probands) and all in hope firmware will fix it... out of sewing-box from industrie around the world ^^

So on metalheads |..|, rock on

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #3,040 of 3,609
Quote:
==> they are damed to death without THIS dap ^^
no, ist like that: "i'am waiting for my brand new, extreme expensive car! But actually i can't moove! And those need someone telling them the useage (incl. manual) for a bridge-device calls FEEDS  ;-D
I'm waiting too (ok, without a actual ordering, in germany), but waiting on tests and messurements, because this device could be a great offer and everything else than these apple-toys... But the disscussions *203paged*  is  very VERY fun !
beerchug.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi!
Sorry for your wallet.

My problem right now is, that I'll literally be DAPless as of tomorrow :D
Selling my Cowon J3 on ebay...people are going nuts about this thing. So many views and followers!

Are you going to order one from MP4Audio?

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #3,041 of 3,609
don't have to be sorry (the iBasso100 is a brick; the Ak120 is just... ähm... too inflexible: no battery changing, 3x64GB limit... such things)

Ok, now i feel your pain
frown.gif
Buy a throwaway for 15bucks in order to be not "alone"

mp4audio.de (or every other german seller) 
YES, and nothing else would be my choice! It's an "infernal rule" that devices offering new options after 1-3 years, called errors :wink:
So 2 years warranty (1 manufacture, + 1 by german law from seller) is recommended and paid by surcharge.

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #3,042 of 3,609
Quote:
don't have to be sorry (the iBasso100 is a brick; the Ak120 is just... ähm... too inflexible: no battery changing, 3x64GB limit... such things)

Ok, now i feel your pain
frown.gif
Buy a throwaway for 15bucks in order to be not "alone"

mp4audio.de (or every other german seller) 
YES, and nothing else would be my choice! It's an "infernal rule" that devices offering new options after 1-3 years, called errors :wink:
So 2 years warranty (1 manufacture, + 1 by german law from seller) is recommended and paid by surcharge.

^^^ ????

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #3,045 of 3,609
Alright, I already guessed I didn't make the first batch but all the waiting pertaining to whether I made the 2nd or 3rd batch was killing me so I fired off an email to iBasso. I also requested to know what courier they would use and if they could use something else besides UPS. I'm not a fan of UPS and equate their brokerage fees to highway robbery. Any who, this is their response:

Quote:iBasso
Hi,
Thank you for your email.
Your order is a 2nd batch DX50, which will be shipped around Sep 6th.
We will use DHL or EMS.

XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The following is the shipping information received. It seems it is a PO box. We only can use EMS for PO box address.

So, I'm part of the second batch and anyone who uses a PO Box expect your DX50 to be shipped via EMS instead of private courier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back