DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #676 of 3,609
Quote:
I think it looks really cool, not as much as the Ak100 but better than a lot of players!

Agreed, the AK100 looks great. I sure wouldn't want to keep it in my pocket tho - one brush against that humongous volume knob and your IEMs are blasted, just like your ears.

May 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #677 of 3,609
Agreed, the AK100 looks great. I sure wouldn't want to keep it in my pocket tho - one brush against that humongous volume knob and your IEMs are blasted, just like your ears.

Software volume lock.

Having previously owned the RWAK100 for a short period, that doesn't have this raised area of the ak120, I can say the digital volume control knob takes very large movements to even change volume in the slightest. I'm talking multiple complete revolutions; so to change the volume enough to hurt your ears while inserting or removing an AK player from a pocket, it would have to be done so many times and so quickly, you'd have a better chance of being arrested for public lewd behavior before you changed the volume a substantial amount.

I like the big buttons on the DX50.

May 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #678 of 3,609
Quote:
Software volume lock.

Having previously owned the RWAK100 for a short period, that doesn't have this raised area of the ak120, I can say the digital volume control knob takes very large movements to even change volume in the slightest. I'm talking multiple complete revolutions; so to change the volume enough to hurt your ears while inserting or removing an AK player from a pocket, it would have to be done so many times and so quickly, you'd have a better chance of being arrested for public lewd behavior before you changed the volume a substantial amount.

I like the big buttons on the DX50.

Very nice to hear that!

May 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #681 of 3,609

There's also a lock option on it so the volume knob is disabled when its in sleep mode. To increase / decrease the volume you need to activate the screen again.

May 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #682 of 3,609
Quote:

Yeah, I havent heard it. e-earphone should provide an impression soon (though it will be in japanese). Im sure there will be other first impressions by then. If not, I will happily translate it :D

Sorry guys, I thought it said 'You can bring your own microSD card to audition', about the DX50, but in fact it was for the picture above (AK120). The DX50 in that picture is just a sample (it is empty internally). Sorry for getting your hopes up! 
tongue.gif

May 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #684 of 3,609
Quote:
Sorry guys, I thought it said 'You can bring your own microSD card to audition', about the DX50, but in fact it was for the picture above (AK120). The DX50 in that picture is just a sample (it is empty internally). Sorry for getting your hopes up! 
tongue.gif

Haha...to be fair, the display screen on it was a giveaway :)

May 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #686 of 3,609
Quote:

Hmmm... Gotta say, as a very happy D-Zero owner, I'm curious about the D-Zero SE as well. Wonder how it stacks up performatively and monetarily? 

May 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #687 of 3,609
Hmm I have the D-Zero as my workbench amp and its pretty tiny and yet comparatively similar in size to the DX50 in the pic. Nice

May 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #689 of 3,609
Quote:
The SE edition may be larger than the non-SE version though, not sure.

What's the difference between the SE and the original D-Zero? Did they change the chips or something?

May 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #690 of 3,609
that is the approximate shape and size? looks pretty good , Pretty interested, seems to be as big as the old ipods ? but with the new ones wide, that is not a lot of buttons though, I just hope the middle one is a dpad and clickable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back