DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #391 of 3,609
Someone should call Sorensiim, I think he is too much into Google I/O and missing the specs in here 
tongue.gif

Competition between FiiO X5 and DX50 will be nice I believe.

May 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #396 of 3,609
man....just make the price comparable to the fiio x3.  Would rather get an ibasso than a fiio.

May 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #398 of 3,609
in to sub to this thread... this is really interesting.

May 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #399 of 3,609
there is this thing called a SD to micro sd adapter , that people use to jump up their Dx100 capacity

Yup. Spoils the form factor tho. Was hoping for standard SD card slots internally for price and capacity. I guess it would be too big to use internally and retain the footprint and power profile.

May 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #400 of 3,609
Quote:
I got some of the following info on the DX50:

It supports 24/192
Line out and a direct coax out
SDXC and SDHC Micro SD cards up to 2TB
Less than .5 output impedance
8gb internal flash memory
User exchangeable battery
64mm wide, 26mm high and 100mm long.

Very interesting specs.
Just waiting for the DAC chip type and price then.

May 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #401 of 3,609
May 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #403 of 3,609
Quote:
Wolfson 8740.

It's more likely than not out of the running for me then.

Wolfson tends to have slightly warmish signature that accencuates the mid bass.
Might have to sell my AK100 & Vorzuge Pure for a DX100 then.

Pity.

May 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #404 of 3,609
Quote:
That's what the x3 is going to have right?

X3?  The Wolfson is a very popular dac now. It resolves well and besides the Wolson 8741 and 42, is one of the top dacs.
Quote:

It's more likely than not out of the running for me then.

Wolfson tends to have slightly warmish signature that accencuates the mid bass.
Might have to sell my AK100 & Vorzuge Pure for a DX100 then.

Pity.

It is what makes the world go round, so to speak. Some prefer the organic sound of the Wolfson dac and some prefer the more neutral Sabre dac. I think they both do a good job and enjoy both. The Sabre dac, if it had been placed in.  the DX50, would obviously drive the price up and the run time down as it takes more current to run it correctly. The 8740 is a fairly inexpensive dac in quantity, runs well on lower current. Also, there is no way to know the sound yet, since we haven't heard the DX50 and do not know what is being used for the amp section, which has a lot to do with everything.

May 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #405 of 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is what makes the world go round, so to speak. Some prefer the organic sound of the Wolfson dac and some prefer the more neutral Sabre dac. I think they both do a good job and enjoy both. The Sabre dac, if it had been placed in.  the DX50, would obviously drive the price up and the run time down as it takes more current to run it correctly. The 8740 is a fairly inexpensive dac in quantity, runs well on lower current. Also, there is no way to know the sound yet, since we haven't heard the DX50 and do not know what is being used for the amp section, which has a lot to do with everything.

You are of course entirely right to say that. Choices are what complicates things.

Personally, I feel that's a pity coz I like the neutral signature of Sabre chips.
Having said that, I eventually plumped for my current AK100 & Vorzuge amp coz I managed to get good prices for both.
But for pure sound quality, DX100 is still my choice for the current best DAP in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back