DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Jul 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #1,246 of 3,609
Quote:
How can you 'predict' how it's going to sound? If so, can you please predict the price for us too?

Of course, you can "predict" anything from shape to sound. You just need a bit of imagination.
You can read my previous thread about my prediction on DX50's price.
biggrin.gif

Again no offend.

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #1,250 of 3,609
There is a mathematical equation which states:

x Headfi thread regarding an item for which full details &/or release date have not yet been issued = legitimate hypotheses and ideas being formulated by participants of x thread

Don't fight it, just accept that that is the way these things work! 
size]

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #1,251 of 3,609
Your knowledge is irreplaceable.

Lolol! But let's not be too harsh on cyber... I *predict* he/she is either still very young and English is not his/her first or second language! :D

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #1,252 of 3,609
Quote:
Lolol! But let's not be too harsh on cyber... I *predict* he/she is either still very young and English is not his/her first or second language!
biggrin.gif

They've also been rolling around these threads (X3/X5/DX50/X3 Review threads) and spewing pure speculation for months. Before the X3 came out, he/she claimed it to be a "giant-slayer", which has obviously since waned. Even claiming the X5 will compete with the HM901/AK120 is a stretch, IMO. 

No offense intended. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #1,253 of 3,609
Quote:
.... Even claiming the X5 will compete with the HM901/AK120 is a stretch, IMO. 

I slightly agree, although I am trying to remain open-minded about what the X5 might be capable of. I agree that I doubt it will be uber-high performance, but at the same time, I'd be really happy to see Fiio break new ground and come-up-trumps with a DAP that performs as well as the 901, but for considerably less money. I've been very impressed with James' attitude towards business, in the X3 and X5 discussions and I'd like to see him succeed.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #1,254 of 3,609
Quote:

I slightly agree, although I am trying to remain open-minded about what the X5 might be capable of. I agree that I doubt it will be uber-high performance, but at the same time, I'd be really happy to see Fiio break new ground and come-up-trumps with a DAP that performs as well as the 901, but for considerably less money. I've been very impressed with James' attitude towards business, in the X3 and X5 discussions and I'd like to see him succeed.

Agreed, it would be great to have a well priced product compete with the TOTL offerings not only in regards to feature sets, but also sound quality as a whole. I'm rooting for FiiO, but the realistic part of me is still holding off judgment. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,255 of 3,609
Quote:

+1
I'm confident with James (Fiio) too.
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #1,257 of 3,609
I'm not much the FiiO fan, but I don't think you can say that if you haven't hear one or the other to compare.

But as per usual, as stated by most Head-Fi'ers, everyone has the rights to their own opinion.

Same here. Not a big Fiio fan, all products I've tried just didn't sit well with me. Why I'm trying to hold out from the x3 and get a dx50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back