DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #3,406 of 3,609
Quote:

Get a demo with your IEMs/HP before ordering AK100... I actually prefer the x3 sound over AK100.  But yes the AK built is impeccable.   I got suck into AKs with it's aesthetics, but even with the AK120 the sound is lacking dynamic and punch and is gathering dust.

If you had follow this thread earlier I was one of the few "stupid" folks hoping for a $500 DX50 with the AK100 type build and better sound....  well.... 

sigh and the size and design of the AK100 is perfect.. if only they focused on the inside just as much as the outside, and i'm not a fan of paying more for modding as well.. does an amp with AK100 makes it a big leap over the X3?

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #3,407 of 3,609
I thought the AK100 was supposed to be the better product? Are they that close sonically?

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #3,408 of 3,609
Yup, the DX50 is only wider by 4mm, which is really nothing when you have amp bands on the C5. It measures 10cm long.

Reviews for which? The DX50? None yet, as no one has the DAP except for one dude who only posts pictures and says nothing.

Been lurking here for a month on this thread. Dying to read the reviews myself. And i really acknowledge that guy who post the pic of dx50. Really knows how to troll people here. Lols

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #3,409 of 3,609
Quote:
Been lurking here for a month on this thread. Dying to read the reviews myself. And i really acknowledge that guy who post the pic of dx50. Really knows how to troll people here. Lols

Still gotta wait for a while before reviews come....
From what I read... the guy who posted the pic did that with the DX 100 before as well...

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #3,410 of 3,609
Quote:
agree, the build quality of AK100 is exceptional. When I held it in my hand, I felt like I bought a luxurious product. I cannot say the same for X3 nor 901. Honestly, X3 feels a lot more durable than 901. 901 is the extreme case which it feels like a 80s cassette walkman more than a 1000usd DAP. I also saw the DX100 in the shop and it is a lot better. If the build quality of DX50 is as good as X3, I am a truly satisfied customer already.

In 1981 my wife just had to have a Walkman.  $300 in today's dollars was a lot of money so I put it on layaway (since Joe Blow didn't have a credit card in those days and the PX didn't take them anyway.)  So 6 months later we picked it up.  My impression was it was solid as rock, it easily survived being dropped, repeatedly.  It was a Champagne color that matched most of my Pioneer gear.

It sounded totally amazing!  But the best thing was you had  awesome portable sound, and you could carry 2 or 3 cassettes and listen to them on one set of batteries.

It was a great piece of gear, and other than the price, it was a great purchase.  We were just talking about it the other day at the Pat Benetar concert (who is still awesome as ever.)

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #3,418 of 3,609
yeah they told me that yesterday in an email

Users who are viewing this thread

Back