DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Sep 2, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #3,376 of 3,609
Quote:
My favorite thing about forum threads is that you can actually read old posts, not just write new ones. My second favorite thing is the search function.

(Yes, there has been a delay)

Neither of those 2 options is quick when said thread is 200 + pages :/

(Cheers for the quick reply)

Just realized I'm gonna be in China for a week on the 14th and wondering if I should go 3rd batch... tough decision

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #3,377 of 3,609
Quote:

Neither of those 2 options is quick when said thread is 200 + pages :/

(Cheers for the quick reply)

Just realized I'm gonna be in China for a week on the 14th and wondering if I should go 3rd batch... tough decision

Your question does present a compelling reason for Ibasso to keep their website up-to-date - All they had to do was post the latest info there instead of shooting out emails.

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #3,378 of 3,609
God forbid he express his opinion in a 21st century while he makes some valid points 
wink_face.gif

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #3,379 of 3,609
When you press the buy button sitting at home, expect anything from shipping delays to damaged boxes. There's nothing new in it.

My problem is... I'm not liking the style / look of these newer DAPs.
Feeling left out
frown.gif

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #3,380 of 3,609
Amen.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #3,381 of 3,609
Quote:
What type of sound signature are you really going for? The reason I really like the AK120 is because it strikes a balance between neutral yet not dead neutral. It has a nice amount of warmth to the sound. Sounds very 3D and musical. Not to mention the UI is quite good yet still not perfect (but compared to most other audiophile DAPs it puts them to shame in that department).

The reason I really enjoy the 3rd ANV is because its a cold sound that is very detailed, airy and has the best vocals I've heard in a DAP yet. I mean you hear every nuance in the vocals its crazy. As well as how it seems to make most modern day tracks (victims of loudness wars) sound noticeably more dynamic and open. As if it improves upon what is there. It's hard to explain but the unit has a lighter sound and in doing so it really balances out these tracks for me. Overall I like how these two contrast from each other and helps to keep things fresh for me.

Ya know...I've been thinking about that actually...this weekend since I've actually not had to work...I've been going from the DX to the RWAK100...

I think I prefer a bit more warmth over neutral and am really into soundstage and clarity. I've been using my Heir 4Ai's and my modded Grado's with both units and they sound awesome. The HD650's sound better on the DX though. 

The DX50...that's going to be dedicated to the gym and for the NYC subway travels though using the 4Ai's or the UE900's. I think it's time to unload some of this stuff and get a higher end set of IEM's perhaps...but the old lady will kill me. LOL

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #3,382 of 3,609
When you press the buy button sitting at home, expect anything from shipping delays to damaged boxes. There's nothing new in it.

My problem is... I'm not liking the style / look of these newer DAPs.
Feeling left out:frowning2:

I share the same feeling although the AK100 seems to be better at style and look, it's hard to argue with Apple design when money is no object. An esthetic appeal is part science part art.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #3,383 of 3,609
Quote:
I share the same feeling although the AK100 seems to be better at style and look, it's hard to argue with Apple design when money is no object. An esthetic appeal is part science part art.

agree, the build quality of AK100 is exceptional. When I held it in my hand, I felt like I bought a luxurious product. I cannot say the same for X3 nor 901. Honestly, X3 feels a lot more durable than 901. 901 is the extreme case which it feels like a 80s cassette walkman more than a 1000usd DAP. I also saw the DX100 in the shop and it is a lot better. If the build quality of DX50 is as good as X3, I am a truly satisfied customer already.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #3,384 of 3,609
Quote:
Ya know...I've been thinking about that actually...this weekend since I've actually not had to work...I've been going from the DX to the RWAK100...

I think I prefer a bit more warmth over neutral and am really into soundstage and clarity. I've been using my Heir 4Ai's and my modded Grado's with both units and they sound awesome. The HD650's sound better on the DX though. 

The DX50...that's going to be dedicated to the gym and for the NYC subway travels though using the 4Ai's or the UE900's. I think it's time to unload some of this stuff and get a higher end set of IEM's perhaps...but the old lady will kill me. LOL

Customs and a nice DAP - you'll never look back.

Buy the best and only cry once 
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #3,385 of 3,609
agree, the build quality of AK100 is exceptional. When I held it in my hand, I felt like I bought a luxurious product. I cannot say the same for X3 nor 901. Honestly, X3 feels a lot more durable than 901. 901 is the extreme case which it feels like a 80s cassette walkman more than a 1000usd DAP. I also saw the DX100 in the shop and it is a lot better. If the build quality of DX50 is as good as X3, I am a truly satisfied customer already.

I hope the battery door at the back of the DX50 is built from aluminium or something sturdy, because I'll be dual locking it, so I really don't want the door to just come off when I'm prying my DAP/amp apart.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #3,386 of 3,609
Quote:
Customs and a nice DAP - you'll never look back.

Buy the best and only cry once 
wink.gif

I know brother. 

I have a set of UM3X's that i had Fisher Audio in FL do customs for me...but I'm not overly thrilled with them. The left ear always gave me problems..I am thinking Heir 8's...what do you think?

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #3,387 of 3,609
Quote:
I hope the battery door at the back of the DX50 is built from aluminium or something sturdy, because I'll be dual locking it, so I really don't want the door to just come off when I'm prying my DAP/amp apart.

If it is aluminium it better be more ding resistance.  The x3 is very very suspicious to dings and dents.....  the hifiman look worse in plastic but is actually very sturdy and can take much more abuse.  I guess the takeaway is that aluminium is not necessary implying sturdiness.  Need thick sheet but it add cost so I'm not hopeful it would be very sturdy.  Would be happy if it is better than x3.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #3,388 of 3,609
Quote:

u r planning to amp it already?

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #3,389 of 3,609
If it is aluminium it better be more ding resistance.  The x3 is very very suspicious to dings and dents.....  the hifiman look worse in plastic but is actually very sturdy and can take much more abuse.  I guess the takeaway is that aluminium is not necessary implying sturdiness.  Need thick sheet but it add cost so I'm not hopeful it would be very sturdy.  Would be happy if it is better than x3.

If not aluminium, then anything that is sturdy and won't easily come off the back of the DX50 will float my boat just fine.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #3,390 of 3,609
u r planning to amp it already?

You bet. I've never been a fan of using a DAP on its own without an amp. Feels rather boring to me, I'd that's the case. :)

Maybe I just like the extra boost, power and enhancement in sound quality of an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back