DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Nov 21, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #1,036 of 1,449
Not sure if its a bug introduced with latest firmware but on my 320 Max TI highrez albums are shown/play as 16bit 695K when using Mango OS. All fine with Mango Player.

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #1,038 of 1,449
My ThieAudio Prestige LTD iems arrived before noon (a replacement pair, as my Dunu DK-4001 are heading for China as we speak). I've jacked them on. I'm smiling! Polished and detailed, but oh-boy does the mid-bass slam fast (there's also some rumble, but not overmuch, these are not low bass-heavy). They complement the MangoOS sound with a smidgeon of sparkle, at the same time as their smooth (but extended) highs shine rather than sizzle (I can see now the sibilance of the Dunus). I was originally going for the Moondrop Variations (they're half the price), but so far I'm glad I picked the LTDs eventually.

Fun fact: my 320Max are not nearly fully burned-in either (ever since I came back from my holidays in October I've been busy at work, etc., so only intermittent listening). So, there are miles ahead to be travelled yet.
processed-0B10AC10-4153-4D1F-8B5A-C8909C5B5C56.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #1,039 of 1,449
I am trying to test adding the Mass-Kobo 424 to the Max Ti using the 4.4 Line Out. I assume I should be going to Settings => Audio => Output => LO. But when I do this, the sound gets loud for split second and then silence. Am I setting this up incorrectly?

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #1,040 of 1,449
After reading your comment I tried again to charge it from a PC USB overnight, but nothing happened. I guess I'll have to send it to my dealer and be without it for at least a month.
I just hope that when the player arrives at the SAT the problem still exists and has not been magically solved, since I don't want them to return it to me without doing anything and the same thing happens to me again.
The last time I used it it was about 70% charged.

The truth is I have had 3 ibasso devices, and both the DX240 and the DX320MAX arrived with aesthetic production defects. The amp8 of the DX240 magically stopped working and I had to change it and now the DX320Max and less than two months of little use suddenly dies... It hasn't happened to me with any other brand and I have had and have many.

They sound amazing for the price, but the quality control is not up to par. I understand that these things happen, but I have been unlucky that they have only happened to me with Ibasso.

Apart from this, I am delighted with the player, and since I have had it I have not used my LPGT or my WM1Z again.

All the best.
My unit has been with my dealer for more than a month now.
It was completely dead.

For how long it's taking, it seems that Ibasso sent the replacement battery via a horseback messenger who has to travel on foot across both continents.
I hope that changing the battery will solve it. I'll let you know when the unit is returned to me.

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #1,041 of 1,449
My unit has been with my dealer for more than a month now.
It was completely dead.

For how long it's taking, it seems that Ibasso sent the replacement battery via a horseback messenger who has to travel on foot across both continents.
I hope that changing the battery will solve it. I'll let you know when the unit is returned to me.
The battery is very easy to change. The back comes off with two screws. You could have done it yourself.

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #1,042 of 1,449
The battery is very easy to change. The back comes off with two screws. You could have done it yourself.
Hi!, my dealer needed the unit to check the problem and manage the warranty.
Anyway they've been waiting for the replacement battery for almost 4 weeks... or so they told me 4 days ago.

I forgot about it for weeks and asked a few days ago.

Due to the aesthetic defect that it came with that I had to resolve on my own and the sudden death, I have not had much luck with this unit.
I bought it two months ago and I have been able to use it once :frowning2:

Nov 27, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #1,043 of 1,449
I am trying to test adding the Mass-Kobo 424 to the Max Ti using the 4.4 Line Out. I assume I should be going to Settings => Audio => Output => LO. But when I do this, the sound gets loud for split second and then silence. Am I setting this up incorrectly?
The connection is 4.4 to 4.4.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Nov 27, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #1,044 of 1,449
The connection is 4.4 to 4.4.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?
Did you try different manual settings for gain stages? The only thing I can think is the amp going in protection mode if the input is too high.
I would start from gain I and low volume and see what happens.
Sorry I don’t have more suggestions!

Nov 27, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #1,045 of 1,449
Did you try different manual settings for gain stages? The only thing I can think is the amp going in protection mode if the input is too high.
I would start from gain I and low volume and see what happens.
Sorry I don’t have more suggestions!
Giving this a try again after reading your post. You might be right about the protection mode idea. I just didn't think the Mass-Kobo had that feature, or do you mean on the MAX Ti?

I set it the way that you mentioned and it all seems fine and working now. The volume control on the MAX Ti does not change the volume, which is what I expected with the Line Out option. Started off with the DHARMA 1000 but I am more interested in trying the HD800 and the OG Abyss. Thanks for the suggestion on the settings.

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #1,046 of 1,449
This is how it's connected now.

Attachments

• IMG_20231127_215920.jpg
    IMG_20231127_215920.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 27, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #1,047 of 1,449
Giving this a try again after reading your post. You might be right about the protection mode idea. I just didn't think the Mass-Kobo had that feature, or do you mean on the MAX Ti?

I set it the way that you mentioned and it all seems fine and working now. The volume control on the MAX Ti does not change the volume, which is what I expected with the Line Out option. Started off with the DHARMA 1000 but I am more interested in trying the HD800 and the OG Abyss. Thanks for the suggestion on the settings.
I’m so glad it worked!
The protection would be on the amp side. The Mass Kobo most likely switches it on when there’s too much level.
And I meant low volume on the Kobo, not to blow your ears off :)

You can still try and see if setting II and even III work, but I assume gain setting I is line out level.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #1,048 of 1,449
I’m so glad it worked!
The protection would be on the amp side. The Mass Kobo most likely switches it on when there’s too much level.
And I meant low volume on the Kobo, not to blow your ears off :)

You can still try and see if setting II and even III work, but I assume gain setting I is line out level.
Enjoy!
Thanks again and thanks for the clarification on the protection function.

I've jumped to the HEDDphone, which I have not listened for a while now. I tried going up on the Gain setting. At III and IV, I barely had to raise the volume on the MK. I lowered it back to I and it sounds much better. Almost time to shut down and get ready for bed but I'm having a hard time shutting down the MAX Ti.

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #1,050 of 1,449
Today my dealer contacted me and told me that they replaced the battery but the unit not works , it’s completely dead.
They will replace it with a new one.

I hope that this unit last me for years because it sounds amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back